Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 18 Feb 2019, 06:24 (Ref:3884946)   #1826
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Gerard, allegedly that unexploded bomb was American, so we’re pleading not guilty! If it had been one of ours it would have gone off.....

Anyway, according to my news source, it was discovered a month ago, so plenty of time to make alternative travel plans!
Old 18 Feb 2019, 06:36 (Ref:3884947)   #1827
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One for Mike. Probably!

https://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/tr...hangedTheWorld
Not sure this is going to work, but here goes.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 06:40 (Ref:3884948)   #1828
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Marvellous stuff WD40
Attached Thumbnails
thumbnail_image001_1[2].jpg  
Old 18 Feb 2019, 06:41 (Ref:3884949)   #1829
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
.... but has religious content, so not for any easily offended!
I dont fit in that category. By a long way.

Thanks to you Mike (not sarcasm) I have been watching Eddie Izzard clips for too much of my morning. Only really seen him in chat show interviews before. He has a new fan.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 06:45 (Ref:3884951)   #1830
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Ah, thanks Bob- need to register to watch but no problem doing that. I’ve noticed that series on (freesat) Yesterday TV, but not seen any of the progs. The first is repeated later this month, 28th from memory, so no excuse....

The Burlington Zephyr looks very err... Art Deco!

They’re still inventing new uses for WD40, apparently!
Old 18 Feb 2019, 06:49 (Ref:3884952)   #1831
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Gerard, allegedly that unexploded bomb was American……according to my news source
Haaaa yes, so you English are always playing smart ass, huh? Do you think I can believe that any of you when bombed can say looking up: "No worry, honey, I guarantee that this fookin crap arriving at more than 900 kph won't explode, its written made US on it"!!!!!
By "news source" I understand you stil have spies here??? Bring them back or send them anywhere, its not new that there's nothing interesting to see here!!!!
Allez, hop, circulez il n'y a rien Ă* voir ...
Old 18 Feb 2019, 06:53 (Ref:3884953)   #1832
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Thanks to you Mike (not sarcasm) I have been watching Eddie Izzard clips for too much of my morning. Only really seen him in chat show interviews before. He has a new fan.
Izzard is, in my opinion, extremely clever, plus he has a talent rare on these shores- He can speak, and do his stand up show in four languages......
Old 18 Feb 2019, 07:23 (Ref:3884955)   #1833
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Izzard is, in my opinion, extremely clever, plus he has a talent rare on these shores- He can speak, and do his stand up show in four languages......
I have (today!) watched some of his French sketches and was impressed at his accent (for an Englishman anyway) but 4 languages is indeed amazing!
Old 18 Feb 2019, 07:41 (Ref:3884956)   #1834
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I've just (re) watched the Williams documentary that was mentioned on here a few days ago, having recorded it from TV last night.
I have to say that I found it a fascinating and disarmingly honest(I was going to say frankly honest but that sounded cheap!) from all of the contributors. I was impressed the first time I saw it but that was late at night after (possibly) a few glasses of wine, this afternoon, stone cold sober I appreciated it so much more.
I'd strongly suggest to anyone who hasn't seen the film, to get it on catch up when you have a spare 1Ÿ hour's, it is fascinating.
I must admit that I thought it was about half an hour too long, and I don't think that many of the main characters, Frank, Virginia, Patrick Head, came out of it too well.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 07:58 (Ref:3884958)   #1835
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think you need to understand things from their perspective. Frank is a driven individual and Virginia decided she would put up with that. Read Damon Hill's book and compare with Graham and Bette Hill.

I watched it some time ago and what I never knew was that Frank's company was the engineering talent behind the early Shadow formula one cars. They cut his legs off when they took that business away. I think I'd be pretty angry if I were treated like that.

Overall quite an emotional story really.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 08:08 (Ref:3884960)   #1836
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Mon Ami Robert, one fragment of the bomb found in Paris showed strange evidence
*Do you have any idea of who wrote "What about this one? Signé Bauble?"
Old 18 Feb 2019, 08:43 (Ref:3884963)   #1837
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If was the "Stuff your Backstop" engraving on it that really gave Bauble away.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 18 Feb 2019, 09:43 (Ref:3884970)   #1838
bauble
Veteran

England
https://dunlopeurope.cmail19.com/t/V...767151F2435ACA
Any interest on here?
Old 18 Feb 2019, 09:53 (Ref:3884972)   #1839
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Interesting to me for sure. Hopefully we get get some TV coverage down under.

Thanks for the link Bob.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 09:58 (Ref:3884973)   #1840
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
That’s what used to be the HSCC run Super Touring Car Trophy. Change of regulated tyres to Dunlop this year, with sponsorship of the series by them as well.

They’re really pushing the inclusion of Gp1 cars, which I guess Dunlop will do as many use their ‘Post Historic’ tyres. Don’t see anything about the inclusion of Gp2 cars though, which are eligible. Perhaps because majority run on Avon slicks!

Can’t see any of those events being televised though.

Last edited by Mike Bell; 18 Feb 2019 at 10:07.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 10:16 (Ref:3884975)   #1841
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Mon Ami Robert, one fragment of the bomb found in Paris showed strange evidence
*Do you have any idea of who wrote "What about this one? Signé Bauble?"
I'll get you next time Gerard.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 11:31 (Ref:3884982)   #1842
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Gerard, allegedly that unexploded bomb was American, so we’re pleading not guilty! If it had been one of ours it would have gone off.....
Amazing to think that such things can go undiscovered for so long, one way or another.

Almost due time for a preservation order I would have thought.

It was probably intended to drop it on Berlin but the navigator, being unfamiliar with local geography, picked the wrong capital city.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 13:09 (Ref:3885001)   #1843
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Who’d have thought that in period Lotus Europas we’re being broken, and their mechanical components rebuilt into one of these!

https://online.handh.co.uk/m/lot-det.../45/lot/13330/

GS Cars were Gilbern as well as Lotus dealers, hence the latest GOC mag featuring the story. They reckon a dozen were built, and at most six left, so not much chance of coming across one at a local show....
Old 18 Feb 2019, 14:55 (Ref:3885036)   #1844
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Who’d have thought that in period Lotus Europas we’re being broken, and their mechanical components rebuilt into one of these!

https://online.handh.co.uk/m/lot-det.../45/lot/13330/

GS Cars were Gilbern as well as Lotus dealers, hence the latest GOC mag featuring the story. They reckon a dozen were built, and at most six left, so not much chance of coming across one at a local show....
Interesting. Not something I had heard of previously.

There were some interesting results and non-results in the full auction. The Messerschmitt KR200 selling for more than an RR Silver Seraph for example. Likewise the Honda S600.

It's an interesting world ....
Old 18 Feb 2019, 16:39 (Ref:3885058)   #1845
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
They’re really pushing the inclusion of Gp1 cars, which I guess Dunlop will do as many use their ‘Post Historic’ tyres.
Do they mean Grp1 appendix or BTCC 1,5? In both case they'll have to sale at least 205/60x13 or something close offering the same overall diameter.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 16:42 (Ref:3885059)   #1846
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Thanks for that, I had read snippets and rumours but not the full article. It will hopefully revive the ailing super touring categories which have had pretty mixed success on track.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 18:16 (Ref:3885077)   #1847
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Do they mean Grp1 appendix or BTCC 1,5? In both case they'll have to sale at least 205/60x13 or something close offering the same overall diameter.
It’s all on the HSCC website.... https://hscc.org.uk/championships/du...aloon-car-cup/
Old 18 Feb 2019, 18:41 (Ref:3885083)   #1848
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Merci Mike. Guess what? I just convinced some youngsters of my club to build a
 Grp1,5! Argument is that Grp1 almost disappeared here two/three years ago. As predictable from a successful grid of forty cars, the lack of serious in scrutineering and year to year major changes led to a total mess. The organiser then decided to split from the official championship and now its almost a "anything with four wheels" tin top category.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 21:34 (Ref:3885108)   #1849
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Anyone going to Race Retro this year?

Going on Friday
Old 18 Feb 2019, 22:01 (Ref:3885110)   #1850
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Thanks for that, I had read snippets and rumours but not the full article. It will hopefully revive the ailing super touring categories which have had pretty mixed success on track.
The Kiwis seem to be mad for the STs. Odd, seeing as they couldnt afford them as their main touring car class back in the day. They had “Schedule S” which became Super Production or Group N+.
Closed Thread