Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Aug 2010, 11:17 (Ref:2750506)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What does Grade 2 mean?

And good luck with this, I'd love to be there.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 11:44 (Ref:2750521)   #27
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
What does Grade 2 mean?

That's one below Formula 1 status Peter. Silverstone is Grade 1, Brands Hatch and now Donington are Grade 2 - I think everything else in the UK is Grade 3.....but that's from memory!
Old 26 Aug 2010, 11:56 (Ref:2750529)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ok thanks.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 14:27 (Ref:2750593)   #29
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
What does Grade 2 mean?

We can always let you know what its like
Old 26 Aug 2010, 15:46 (Ref:2750637)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I'm sure you could.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 06:42 (Ref:2752559)   #31
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There doesn't seem to have been much in the way of advertising the event (that I have seen anyway). The finals are out but no indication of what the grids are going to be like.

Anybody on here entered? It will be my first event with Masters so will be hoping to see some friendly faces!
Old 31 Aug 2010, 06:44 (Ref:2752560)   #32
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, I am there with a few toys. Looking forward to it!
Old 31 Aug 2010, 10:04 (Ref:2752637)   #33
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
Roger,

Have your nerves settled after having Joe run your car without you at the weekend?
Old 31 Aug 2010, 12:53 (Ref:2752697)   #34
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGT6 View Post
It will be my first event with Masters so will be hoping to see some friendly faces!
We all have friendly faces at Masters

Well I will say it now if I dont see you...Welcome, hope you enjoy the event....its gonna be a good-un!
Old 31 Aug 2010, 13:10 (Ref:2752703)   #35
The Flagman
Racer

The Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any information about entry levels for the races?
Old 31 Aug 2010, 13:18 (Ref:2752706)   #36
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flagman View Post
Any information about entry levels for the races?
We're still playing with the entry list and the various demonstrations. I don't think that you'll be disappointed
Old 31 Aug 2010, 13:51 (Ref:2752720)   #37
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Roger,

Have your nerves settled after having Joe run your car without you at the weekend?

Roger ask Joe about Qualy at Druids !!
Old 31 Aug 2010, 13:58 (Ref:2752722)   #38
james s
Rookie

United Kingdom
Alton,Hants
james s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes i might even have some on board footage of that.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 15:13 (Ref:2752745)   #39
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hear his race suit is being dyed a shade of brown to match his underwear.......
Old 31 Aug 2010, 16:05 (Ref:2752773)   #40
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
We're still playing with the entry list and the various demonstrations. I don't think that you'll be disappointed
Good news.

The BARC ticket service certainly worked quickly. As a spectator/snapper I fear most shots will be in the paddock given the limited access but it will be good to see Donington on the road to recovery.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 18:37 (Ref:2752832)   #41
FMS
Rookie

FMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will the Donington collection demo be run on Sunday?

Hi all

Does anyone know if the Donington collection will be running as a demo on Sunday?

Thanks

Old 31 Aug 2010, 18:56 (Ref:2752843)   #42
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
There is a demonstration in the schedule from 13.20 to 13.50 on Sunday and I assume it is cars that were significant in Donington's history including the cars from the collection.

http://www.themastersseries.com/reso...le_draft_1.pdf
Old 31 Aug 2010, 20:04 (Ref:2752882)   #43
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Looks like I will now be at Donington on Sunday with a car but not racing. Will need a full face helmet for first time.......

Old 1 Sep 2010, 13:50 (Ref:2753190)   #44
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
There is a demonstration in the schedule from 13.20 to 13.50 on Sunday and I assume it is cars that were significant in Donington's history including the cars from the collection.

http://www.themastersseries.com/reso...le_draft_1.pdf
Now confirmed, demonstrations both Saturday and Sunday.
Old 1 Sep 2010, 14:15 (Ref:2753199)   #45
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMS View Post
Hi all

Does anyone know if the Donington collection will be running as a demo on Sunday?

Thanks

I don't think we can manage the whole collection!
However, a significant number will be out plus a number of privately owned cars that have featured in Donington's history....and even one or two that are just historic cars in their own right.
Old 1 Sep 2010, 14:21 (Ref:2753203)   #46
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of which is a Porsche 962 so expect me to be wet eyed
Old 1 Sep 2010, 15:55 (Ref:2753232)   #47
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There doesn't seem to have been much in the way of advertising the event (that I have seen anyway). The finals are out but no indication of what the grids are going to be like.

Anybody on here entered? It will be my first event with Masters so will be hoping to see some friendly faces!
Dave, what day you racing? Might be able to get a passout for 1 day. Will leave the makeshift banners at home if I come
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 1 Sep 2010, 16:28 (Ref:2753247)   #48
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.themastersseries.com/reso...arage_Plan.pdf

Old 1 Sep 2010, 16:42 (Ref:2753253)   #49
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
Dave, what day you racing? Might be able to get a passout for 1 day. Will leave the makeshift banners at home if I come
Hi Wayne,

I'm racing on Sunday - starts at 15:00 I think. Luckily this time its a rolling start so I should be heading in the right direction when the lights change

Possibly able to spare you a ticket or 2
Old 1 Sep 2010, 18:17 (Ref:2753295)   #50
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Dave, guess you are in U2GD so will give you a cheer from the pit wall. Should still be around to urge the SLR on!

I know but am not telling what car Roger & Joe are demo-ing- all I can say is that am insanely jealous! But then again, I wouldn't even know how to start it............

If they all run, definitely worth being around for the demos as well as the racing.