Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 11 Dec 2018, 18:55 (Ref:3869489)   #3026
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I actually think that all these BREXIT posts should be taken out and transferred to the parc ferme bit of the forum.
I am fed up of the whole debate and don't really want to have to read about it when I come on here. This is meant to be a pleasant distraction, for me anyway. Please.......
Dear 97,
I understand your frustration, as I no longer listen to the news, and rely on Tenths to keep me informed. This works vey well, and I recommend this tactic to you.

Who needs the Beeb when we have Delta.

PS; Parc Ferme is French. decent people should not get involved.
Old 11 Dec 2018, 19:27 (Ref:3869498)   #3027
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
C'on, Bobxit… You're teasing me-xit. Parc ferme is something you-xit dont want to know about. Parc fermé is French. You see? May be you mean porc ferme?
Old 11 Dec 2018, 19:34 (Ref:3869503)   #3028
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watched a vid basically of who wants to roast me on Theresa May abuse one after the another it was like standing in the middle of a live firing range .Incredible really reminds me of school.One thing I dont get with poilitics.I dont get any of it anyway and im sure im not the onky one.Right lets talk about motor racing...
Old 11 Dec 2018, 19:35 (Ref:3869504)   #3029
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Something else I’ve learned- The expression “The full nine yards” comes from the length of one machine gun amunition belt/chain in a P51 Mustang wing.... (Other aircraft may have had the same )

If the pilot fired the whole amount, (42 seconds worth) he was said to have given ‘the full nine yards’.....
Old 11 Dec 2018, 19:49 (Ref:3869508)   #3030
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
If the pilot fired the whole amount
Jawohl, das its correct! "IF" ……
Old 11 Dec 2018, 21:26 (Ref:3869537)   #3031
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Had an interesting chat with a college mate about historics today talked about oc racing,moto historics nice to talk someone who actually knows a bit about historics.I was surprised about how knowledgeable he was.He's racing in the new KA series for 2019.Very jealous me .I'll have to stick with karts (for now).Any of you suppose I could meet and have a chat with any of you tenthers next year.
Old 11 Dec 2018, 21:37 (Ref:3869538)   #3032
Willmaz223
Veteran

I must admit admit a too spend a lot of time recreatinh historic meets like PA and Masters round Spa etc on Forza 7(Semi Simulator Arcade game)driving 905s XJR9s with no assists .I imagine i'm there.My dad said to me at Le Mans Classic that he didnt know I was that obsessed to m'sport.We were on the main grandstand opposite the pits at 3am watching the second races for grids 2-3.We went much to my anger just after grid 4 started.I have a obsessio with literally watching every minute because this type of racing wont be around forever so I make the most of it.Our campsite was quite a laugh.We had a little UK section of about 8 tents.The people next to us got there gazebo knicked.Oh and we found a paedo (i would use a stronger word)in the campsite showers aswell.Safe to sya he got sorted out.Any odd occurences in campsites you've seen ?
Old 11 Dec 2018, 22:30 (Ref:3869551)   #3033
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
You must be close to loading the container.

The car is on its way Gerard, chugging past Kuala Lumpur as we speak. As for the prop shaft......it's better not to think about it too much

My London to Brighton involvement has only been with the historic commercial vehicle run (ie trucks & buses) but I always try to get along to the veteran car run, usually at the start in Hyde Park. Hard to beat for atmosphere.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 05:31 (Ref:3869584)   #3034
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Many people are not aware that the term "balls out" has nothing to do with anatomy.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 06:05 (Ref:3869586)   #3035
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Many people are not aware that the term "balls out" has nothing to do with anatomy.
Refers to the centrifugal governor on steam engines, I reckon?
Old 12 Dec 2018, 06:37 (Ref:3869588)   #3036
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Refers to the centrifugal governor on steam engines, I reckon?
In a blink of an eye, you've just destroyed a myth.*I was about to say Colin that driving ALL balls out is safer because of his… mechanical arrangement! Hope next bad news won't be an accident involving Santa Claus, a nice person I met several times

Colin no more bad excuses this time, the camera must be sorted out and seconded. I hope the local media will help. Will you meet E.B there?
Old 12 Dec 2018, 07:50 (Ref:3869595)   #3037
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
O Dear looks like my neighbour is getting the sack . Have to wait and see what happens later .
Old 12 Dec 2018, 07:57 (Ref:3869596)   #3038
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
O Dear looks like my neighbour is getting the sack . Have to wait and see what happens later .

Make her a nice cup of tea...?
Old 12 Dec 2018, 08:12 (Ref:3869597)   #3039
Willmaz223
Veteran

Vote of no confidence in the PM , crikey!
Old 12 Dec 2018, 08:44 (Ref:3869605)   #3040
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I recon she will stay and get over 150 votes . I’m going to tell her to send the MP’s that vote against her to send them to the dungeons .
Old 12 Dec 2018, 08:46 (Ref:3869606)   #3041
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cripes and lummee, time for a Brexit update methinks.

So the head mistress went to see Mrs Merton and then Mr Junkker, Mrs Merton locked the car door but somehow the head mistress got it open.

Not even the bus fare home I'm afraid although I expect she did get a nice tea. At least as nice as Johnny Foreigner can make, I've never yet had a nice cup of tea outside these shores. It must be the water you know.

Anyway, no sooner had "Miss" turned her back than Johnson Ma and Rees-Mogg were bullying 48 boys to get Miss replaced. Mind you the way things are going I would think Miss is one of them, it can't be pleasant beng told to "clear off" in so many languages. Including Toryish.

Think you need to take her a cuppa and a kwossant, Delta.

Meanwhile we're another day closer to Brexit Day, and nothing done. Still, if the boys at Westminster Towers weren't contemplating their navels so much they'd be meddling in our affairs so we should be thankful for small mercies.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 12 Dec 2018, 09:13 (Ref:3869612)   #3042
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I recon she will stay and get over 150 votes . I’m going to tell her to send the MP’s that vote against her to send them to the dungeons .
I sincerely hope not! She lacks any semblance of capability in terms of people and negotiation skills. Worst PM the country has had since Ted Heath.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 09:25 (Ref:3869613)   #3043
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Haven't they still got the spikes for their heads at the Tower of London?
Old 12 Dec 2018, 09:37 (Ref:3869616)   #3044
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley View Post
Haven't they still got the spikes for their heads at the Tower of London?
Probably have buy theyll have to get the dusters out
Old 12 Dec 2018, 09:46 (Ref:3869621)   #3045
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I sincerely hope not! She lacks any semblance of capability in terms of people and negotiation skills. Worst PM the country has had since Ted Heath.
A certain irony there! Do you think even worse than Gordon Brown?

I keep having a recurring vision of Macron skipping off into the sunset, hand-in-hand with May & Merkel .....then I wake up.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 09:51 (Ref:3869626)   #3046
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
hand-in-hand with May & Merkel .....then I wake up.
And all of a sudden, you realized that Macron was only here to push Merkel's wheel chair, as any minion would…
Old 12 Dec 2018, 09:54 (Ref:3869627)   #3047
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I notice Macron has fallen foul of the EU budget regulations with his latest offers to appease the rioters. He's now got France into a worse position than Italy.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 10:05 (Ref:3869629)   #3048
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
There is a relation between historic and speed here. He went from Louis XIV and Napoleon to Louis XVI rather quickly I should admit! The guy is fast, people are furious…
Old 12 Dec 2018, 11:33 (Ref:3869651)   #3049
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I would not disagree. That has been my opinion since she end up in the job.

However does any one of the possible replacements look like a better option? And would they be able to control the rest of the unelectables now they have tasted blood?

One begins to understand why the politicians have been running the armed forces down for a few decades ...
Old 12 Dec 2018, 12:26 (Ref:3869658)   #3050
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
If you want to blame anyone, blame Cameron for the mess he left! I don’t believe for one minute that Mrs May ever wanted the job. And as for there being a more suitable candidate..........