Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 8 Sep 2019, 14:49 (Ref:3926669)   #4751
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And of course Maustin Healey.
Old 8 Sep 2019, 14:53 (Ref:3926671)   #4752
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
And of course Maustin Healey.
And Mallock Mallett?
Old 8 Sep 2019, 16:20 (Ref:3926681)   #4753
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
... and of course the the DTV/Blydenstein workshops were not in Luton but Hertfordshire (Royston, I rather think).
DTV was based at the station in a small village called Shepreth on the main Cambridge <> Kings Cross line.

Royston is a few miles away
Old 8 Sep 2019, 17:28 (Ref:3926690)   #4754
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Yup, I’ve seen the platform name when passing on the way to KGX.

Bauble, hope you enjoyed the Vuelta today? That climb to the finish was cruel.....
Old 8 Sep 2019, 18:31 (Ref:3926708)   #4755
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Agree that DTV in theory was a dealer team but I can imagine VX helping out......
I always thought that “DTV” was the Vx works team run by Blydenstein, but paid for by dealers who paid some form of levy back to the factory for the privilege, assisted by sponsorship, obviously.

As an aside, a former colleague of mine owns and restored the ex Pentti airikkala (Sp? Sorry) “Buzby” (BT) sponsored HS 2300.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30541672@N03/5485367896/

Last edited by andy97; 8 Sep 2019 at 18:37.
Old 8 Sep 2019, 19:10 (Ref:3926716)   #4756
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
And Mallock Mallett?
Peter, re-visiting this post I realise that it come across as somewhat curt. Please be assured it was the alliteration that triggered the reply, and was in no way intended to offend. I apologise if it seemed disrespectful.

Kind regards,

Bob aka Bauble.
Old 8 Sep 2019, 19:14 (Ref:3926719)   #4757
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Yup, I’ve seen the platform name when passing on the way to KGX.

Bauble, hope you enjoyed the Vuelta today? That climb to the finish was cruel.....

Watching live on Sky you surely do get some idea of how hard it was, but Valverde and Rogic made it look easy (well not too hard). Good to see Geohagen-Hart getting in on the action.

Makes Leclerc job look like a piece of cake.
Old 8 Sep 2019, 19:14 (Ref:3926720)   #4758
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I always thought that “DTV” was the Vx works team run by Blydenstein, but paid for by dealers who paid some form of levy back to the factory for the privilege, assisted by sponsorship, obviously.
However the accountants worked it, I’m sure Bill B didn’t foot the cost.....
Old 8 Sep 2019, 19:41 (Ref:3926724)   #4759
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
However the accountants worked it, I’m sure Bill B didn’t foot the cost.....
Absolutely!
Old 8 Sep 2019, 20:08 (Ref:3926734)   #4760
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
[/B]

Watching live on Sky you surely do get some idea of how hard it was, but Valverde and Rogic made it look easy (well not too hard). Good to see Geohagen-Hart getting in on the action.

Makes Leclerc job look like a piece of cake.
Currently watching the Mountain biking downhills and cyclo cross . Little bit different. On Red Bull TV which is again different . One thing you do get to appreciate is the athletes fitness, incredible I think .
Old 8 Sep 2019, 21:02 (Ref:3926743)   #4761
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Mmmmmm!

Magnificent, modified Midgets may muster magic moments, mates.

Mr Motors Man.
Magnificent Modified Midgets? Meeeeeeee

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 9 Sep 2019, 05:24 (Ref:3926806)   #4762
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
So, Max, more work for Mrs MM when we go to the polls shortly? (Or not shortly, or sooner, or later.....)

I find it quite extraordinary that huge cargo ships can seemingly ‘fall over’, but another car carrier capsizes (sadly with the possible loss of crew members lives).... https://gcaptain.com/four-missing-as...swick-georgia/
Old 9 Sep 2019, 05:50 (Ref:3926808)   #4763
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just so long as it isn't held on Boris's favoured date, because we're due to be moving house that week. For some reason she doesn't want to leave me in charge.

Old 9 Sep 2019, 06:34 (Ref:3926811)   #4764
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Just so long as it isn't held on Boris's favoured date, because we're due to be moving house that week. For some reason she doesn't want to leave me in charge.

You might not be the only one.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 06:36 (Ref:3926812)   #4765
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Well, I’ll be on the way to foreign parts if it’s mid Oct, so maybe an idea to take my furniture as well.....
Old 9 Sep 2019, 07:24 (Ref:3926817)   #4766
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by relativtortoise View Post
DTV was based at the station in a small village called Shepreth on the main Cambridge <> Kings Cross line.

Royston is a few miles away
There's a nice picture of Gerry's race Viva GT (naturally) parked on the platform with the station sign behind it in Jeremy Walton's great book Only Here for the Beer. Caption for the picture is something like: "Handles as if it is on rails!"
Old 9 Sep 2019, 07:51 (Ref:3926823)   #4767
midgetman
Veteran

The place we're moving to is on a hill, and they regularly organise a soap box derby. It seems to be a little less serious than Red Bull Soap Box races, revolving around the pub.

I think we should organise a Tenths Historic Forum team, based around one of my karts Viva GT silhouette anyone?

Old 9 Sep 2019, 08:13 (Ref:3926827)   #4768
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The place we're moving to is on a hill, and they regularly organise a soap box derby. It seems to be a little less serious than Red Bull Soap Box races, revolving around the pub.

I think we should organise a Tenths Historic Forum team, based around one of my karts Viva GT silhouette anyone?

I'm in (but do wonder how having it shaped like me would help!)
Old 9 Sep 2019, 08:35 (Ref:3926833)   #4769
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

You could call it the Bob Bull Soap Box race. He's been going downhill fast for years!
Old 9 Sep 2019, 09:52 (Ref:3926845)   #4770
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That soap box race could happen. It might be right up his street
Old 9 Sep 2019, 13:04 (Ref:3926898)   #4771
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
You could call it the Bob Bull Soap Box race. He's been going downhill fast for years!
I heard that! Pardon?

Uncle Mort.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 20:44 (Ref:3926990)   #4772
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Now that's a good idea. Any willing participants ?
Old 9 Sep 2019, 21:30 (Ref:3927004)   #4773
midgetman
Veteran

Great, as soon as the regs are released I'll report back.

Old 10 Sep 2019, 01:41 (Ref:3927034)   #4774
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Great, as soon as the regs are released I'll report back.

Regulations? Count me out!!!!!
Old 10 Sep 2019, 07:50 (Ref:3927074)   #4775
midgetman
Veteran

Bauble, we've done that since June 2016