Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Dec 2019, 13:27 (Ref:3944027)   #26
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Leclerc is on Plan A.
Old 1 Dec 2019, 13:32 (Ref:3944029)   #27
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I feel such schadenfreude when the DRS doesn't work. It really shows how these cars are **** racing each other!
Old 1 Dec 2019, 13:39 (Ref:3944032)   #28
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I continue to find it interesting that ESPN is apparently unable to find anyone willing to pay for the pre-race advertising spot before each race. That spot continues to be filled by public service announcements. Maybe they are asking too much money, or maybe its an ongoing indication of apathy toward F1 in the US market.

Richard
Old 1 Dec 2019, 13:54 (Ref:3944034)   #29
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I continue to find it interesting that ESPN is apparently unable to find anyone willing to pay for the pre-race advertising spot before each race. That spot continues to be filled by public service announcements. Maybe they are asking too much money, or maybe its an ongoing indication of apathy toward F1 in the US market.

Richard
Well there are also FCC required slots on Sundays for certain ads on all broadcast and cable channels, as they don't break during the race getting it in early would fill that need. But I can't say I've noticed them on DirecTV Now or YouTubeTV so maybe your local provider adds that in.
Old 1 Dec 2019, 14:55 (Ref:3944041)   #30
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congrats to Lewis.
Old 1 Dec 2019, 15:07 (Ref:3944045)   #31
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Only caught the closing stages on the radio, will have to watch the highlights to see Bottas’ charge. Of course this Leclerc investigation will keep us waiting. Just a shame Hulk couldn’t keep in the points at the end
Old 1 Dec 2019, 15:26 (Ref:3944048)   #32
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well there are also FCC required slots on Sundays for certain ads on all broadcast and cable channels, as they don't break during the race getting it in early would fill that need. But I can't say I've noticed them on DirecTV Now or YouTubeTV so maybe your local provider adds that in.
I watch ESPN2 via DirecTV live broadcast. I understand the requirements for the PSA, but I believe the real reason is lack of someone buying the ad space. When ad space is not sold, you runs PSA.

Richard
Old 1 Dec 2019, 18:04 (Ref:3944075)   #33
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well race been over some time now what happened to the fuel situation with leclerke
Old 1 Dec 2019, 19:21 (Ref:3944088)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Ferrari have been fined €50k but Leclerc keeps 3rd place.

https://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/147446
Old 1 Dec 2019, 20:40 (Ref:3944116)   #35
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely Leclerc deserved a 5 second penalty!

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Old 1 Dec 2019, 20:42 (Ref:3944117)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Surely Leclerc deserved a 5 second penalty!

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
If he had, would that have carried over to next season?
Old 1 Dec 2019, 21:00 (Ref:3944121)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think he deserved a penalty. Penalising the team was correct.
Old 1 Dec 2019, 22:20 (Ref:3944134)   #38
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I don't think he deserved a penalty. Penalising the team was correct.
Yeah, that is one that's truly in the hands of the team and not the driver. They were over by 4.48kilos of fuel, and it's not like fuel is included in the minimum weight so them adding more fuel isn't like it's cutting the weight of the car on track. Feels like it's a team penalty moment, maybe team points as that really hits the wallet long term if they lose a place. But in this case 50k sounds about right as cash penalty.
Old 2 Dec 2019, 06:40 (Ref:3944163)   #39
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
£50k is a derisory sum to a team like Ferrari, not sure they will even consider it a penalty.
Old 2 Dec 2019, 06:58 (Ref:3944165)   #40
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What do you all thought of the lack of DRS first third of the race?

The effect was a bit strong, but it did give me good hopes that with 2021 better to follow cars we can do without DRS and can have much better and more subtle racing.
Old 2 Dec 2019, 07:51 (Ref:3944173)   #41
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
£50k is a derisory sum to a team like Ferrari, not sure they will even consider it a penalty.
But. It's Christmas!

Anyone else enjoy the radio comments from Sainz and Norris? Likewise there was a good interview with Russell on C4. Nothing post race from Albon this time. With Verstappen calming down and Leclerc driving more smoothly plus the four newbies at least the grids are looking good for next year.
Old 2 Dec 2019, 10:09 (Ref:3944196)   #42
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ferrari and Vettel do it again! They really are the best value entertainment. No wonder they get paid more than the rest.

Ferrari: €50k fine. That will hurt. They'll have to buy cheap supermarket Lambrusco next year.

Vettel: If I saw a junior karter or a novice club racer spin like that when he clobbers the power coming on to the straight, I'd think he needs to get in some more practice before entering a race. Frankly, for a 4xWDC that was pretty pathetic. On top of everything that has gone before, it's beyond pathetic.
Old 2 Dec 2019, 10:15 (Ref:3944197)   #43
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Wasn't it nice for once drivers had to overtake without the aid of DRS, even if it was only temporary

Anyway, Mercedes to the fore again. Great drive by Bottas and some good battling towards the end, not a bad way to end the season

The Ferrari fuel punishment was probably correct, wouldn't have been right for Leclerc to go all the way for nothing.
Old 2 Dec 2019, 10:42 (Ref:3944206)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can anyone justify Stroll's position on the grid when Perez can do so much with that package? (I know, family ties) but it's almost embarrassing to watch. Think of the results if Hulkenberg were in that seat?
Old 2 Dec 2019, 11:47 (Ref:3944233)   #45
S griffin
Veteran

Brings money to the seat and can on occasion do a great job. He was actually on for a good result in Brazil before he hit problems
Old 2 Dec 2019, 11:52 (Ref:3944237)   #46
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I know he brings money, his dad owns the team. A couple of "possible" reasonable results does not, IMO, justify the use of a reasonable seat.
Old 2 Dec 2019, 13:43 (Ref:3944272)   #47
S griffin
Veteran

His main problem is consistency. He only shows talent when he wants to. Still he’s not the worst we’ve had in F1
Old 2 Dec 2019, 13:55 (Ref:3944278)   #48
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
His main problem is consistency. He only shows talent when he wants to. Still he’s not the worst we’ve had in F1
Ok, so he's not Maldonado but he deserves his seat as much as him, which is not at all. Hulkenberg is far more capable and if I had a driver who only drove well "when he felt like it" he'd be fired.
Old 2 Dec 2019, 14:06 (Ref:3944280)   #49
S griffin
Veteran

Maldonado won a GP, your point being?
Old 2 Dec 2019, 14:15 (Ref:3944283)   #50
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Stroll is a pay driver. F1 has had pay drivers for as long as I can recall. No one thinks he is the next WDC. On his day he can be decent, but if you take away the money / team ownership then of course he would not be on the F1 grid.

I don't think that Stroll only goes well "when he feels like it" unless there is some bizarre interview out there that backs this up? There is probably more to it that that.