Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 1 Nov 2005, 14:11 (Ref:1449414)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nikon D200

It looks as if Nikon have finally got round to replacing the D100, the new mid-range DSLR will be called the D200, look at the spec of the camrara it looks like it going to give the 20D a run for its money, more details can be found here:- http://www.dpreview.com/news/0511/05110104nikond200.asp
Old 1 Nov 2005, 14:39 (Ref:1449443)   #2
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks pretty good, however if I was upgrading from my D100 I wouldn't necessarily go for that.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 21:43 (Ref:1458446)   #3
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't wait to see this in real life when it comes out next month, just for the hype...has anyone pre-ordered theirs yet?
Old 11 Nov 2005, 22:39 (Ref:1458471)   #4
James North
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
James North should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like it outstrips the Canon 20D spec by a handy margin. If I were only just branching out into my slr equipment I would be very tempted to plump for Nikon. But Since I already got a few canon fit lenses, I'll stick with Canon.

I'm considering investing in a 20D soon to go alongside my 10D.
Old 13 Nov 2005, 21:23 (Ref:1459901)   #5
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes the D200 sounds great. Fully weather sealed...

I'm stuck with Canon now though since I have a Canon body and Canon lenses... hopefully the new Canon (to replace 20D and compete with D200) will make it worth the upgrade Just so long as it's in the same sort of price bracket as the D200. I can't afford anymore than that
Old 13 Nov 2005, 22:02 (Ref:1459927)   #6
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So that's what's happening to all the old D100 bodies.

Looks good tho'
Old 13 Nov 2005, 23:31 (Ref:1459975)   #7
James North
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jase
So that's what's happening to all the old D100 bodies.

Looks good tho'
I imagine owners may trade them in for upgrades. If they windup back at nikon they will probably refurbish them and sell them on at low prices.
Old 14 Nov 2005, 10:07 (Ref:1460204)   #8
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmm... trade in you say...?
Old 14 Nov 2005, 11:44 (Ref:1460287)   #9
James North
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
Some people may choose to use their D100 to generate the funds to upgrade to D200. I'm not saying that would be a worth while upgrade, but it is an option some people would probably consider. If used bodies end up back at Nikon, they would probably refurbish them to sell on. Which is not bad thing because it makes very good cameras available to people like you and me who do not have 5 figure sums of money available to us.

Personally though I wouldn't trade my body in. I'd want to buy the new model outright (or take out a loan) and keep my current body as a backup or second body. It's a right pain in the neck farting about swapping lenses when you need to switch from zoom for trackside to macro for paddock etc. Much better to have two bodies, one for trackside and one for pitlane/paddock.
Old 14 Nov 2005, 12:07 (Ref:1460311)   #10
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by James North
Some people may choose to use their D100 to generate the funds to upgrade to D200. I'm not saying that would be a worth while upgrade, but it is an option some people would probably consider. If used bodies end up back at Nikon, they would probably refurbish them to sell on. Which is not bad thing because it makes very good cameras available to people like you and me who do not have 5 figure sums of money available to us.

Personally though I wouldn't trade my body in. I'd want to buy the new model outright (or take out a loan) and keep my current body as a backup or second body. It's a right pain in the neck farting about swapping lenses when you need to switch from zoom for trackside to macro for paddock etc. Much better to have two bodies, one for trackside and one for pitlane/paddock.

The more usual was that Nikon offers “Trade in” is via dealer cash back, which is what they did for the D100 and D2H when it was released. Nikon “A” stock cameras are not usually refurbished second-hand stock but ex show or press models and are identified by a coloured paint dot in the mount screw in the base.