Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Jan 2013, 00:53 (Ref:3185334)   #51
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
FPR were more competitive this year than they have ever been, but they had 2 drivers taking points off each other and they still did their usual strange strategy stuff, admittedly less than in the past. They were definitely best of the rest and really took it to 888 in the first half, I think this is hardly something to be ashamed of?
In reality you are correct, but Australians tend to consider second place as "the first loser"..........I guess we'll just have to wait 5-10 years and see what the record books say.
Old 6 Jan 2013, 10:10 (Ref:3185425)   #52
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Why are prodrive selling

the speedcafe article suggest to me that Prodrive are in some sort of trouble

Quote:
The custodial change at FPR has now shored up the future of the squad following a period of uncertainty involving the troubled Prodrive operation.
Old 6 Jan 2013, 10:24 (Ref:3185435)   #53
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The sale of the FPR could rejuvante the team. They do come across a bit stale.
Old 6 Jan 2013, 10:34 (Ref:3185441)   #54
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the Prodrive organization casting FPR adrift, I expect FPR to become less competitive over time. Will be interesting to see how they go.
Old 6 Jan 2013, 10:37 (Ref:3185443)   #55
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyinsthoz View Post
With the Prodrive organization casting FPR adrift, I expect FPR to become less competitive over time. Will be interesting to see how they go.
The speed cafe article suggests they were saved from oblivion. Maybe FPR has cast Prodrive adrift
Old 6 Jan 2013, 11:17 (Ref:3185457)   #56
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyinsthoz View Post
I think it has been a long time since Prodrive has done anything well. The WRC Subarus were uncompetitive when they were dropped and the Minis have not been a success at all.

Remember when Prodrive tried to build V8 Supercar engines? Thankfully FPR seem to be more autonomous after that debacle.

FPR have been competitive despite their ex-parent company, not because of them.
Old 6 Jan 2013, 20:35 (Ref:3185657)   #57
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
I think it has been a long time since Prodrive has done anything well. The WRC Subarus were uncompetitive when they were dropped and the Minis have not been a success at all.

Remember when Prodrive tried to build V8 Supercar engines? Thankfully FPR seem to be more autonomous after that debacle.

FPR have been competitive despite their ex-parent company, not because of them.
Prodrive have done a great job building the Mini, its just the commerical side of the deal with BMW went pear shaped because the running of the WRC has been a complete omnishambles. There are loads of customer Mini's that will keep them busy.

Their Aston Martin GTE programme got huge boost with the deal to expand in America
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...ce-cars-to-u-s

Seen a article which said the Prodrive composites business doubled.

DR recently secured new investment in Aston Martin, which will probably have a Merc technical link, which would begin the end of some of the Ford based engines etc.

Prodive in Australia may be finished, but doubt the rest of Prodrive could be described as 'troubled'
Old 30 Jan 2013, 10:19 (Ref:3196106)   #58
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it just me or is it interesting that Charlie Schwerkolt didn't seem to register on the radar in the Ford Performance Racing takeover?

I would have thought at the very least he'd have made a more obvious partner for Rod Nash, but perhaps he didn't have the cash (the rhyme was not intended).

I'm surprised no one in the forums or in the media has highlighted him not being a contender, especially given his designs to allegedly take over Dick Johnson Racing.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong at all with the Nash/French ownership; I'm just curious.
Old 30 Jan 2013, 12:00 (Ref:3196136)   #59
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe he was just never offered the chance?
Old 30 Jan 2013, 12:11 (Ref:3196142)   #60
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps Charlie wanted more say in how things are run vs Rusty being more of a silent partner in the business?
Old 4 Feb 2013, 21:08 (Ref:3199262)   #61
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors View Post
Perhaps Charlie wanted more say in how things are run vs Rusty being more of a silent partner in the business?
Once bitten, twice shy maybe for Charlie.....but as a customer, they may have never considered offering him a chance.

As for Nash and French. From what I know, those two are reasonably close when it comes to business. And Nash knows that he won't have any problems with Rusty wanting to buy him out or anything like that.....