Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Sep 2008, 22:37 (Ref:2300739)   #76
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He made me laugh a few times during the weekend.

"Giant overgrown tic tacs" is the only one I can think of now.

I was with Martin regarding the Rosberg stop. He was confused and so was I. Maybe just coincidence that I wasn't paying attention at the same time he wasn't.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 22:59 (Ref:2300748)   #77
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon
Is it me or did he go completely over the top with Hamilton's pass on DC?

He made it sound like some kind of unique individual brilliance, when in fact it was exactly the same as half a dozen other passes that race.

Murray-esque, but far more cringing.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 23:42 (Ref:2300765)   #78
Shoe-maker
Racer

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Shoe-maker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just before the night race he talked about how lucrative Asia was as a market for F1 and how Europe and America was in the middle of the credit crunch "swimming in a sea of toxic debt". I didn't think it was silly, I just found it strangely poetic.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 01:50 (Ref:2300808)   #79
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
He was OTT. It was a good move, but for me it was spoilt by the reaction of James Allen which showed a complete lack of perspective.
agreed with all related comments. If that's the case Nakajima's a genius as he did it twice around Trulli.

Yeah, giant overgrown tic tacs made me laugh.

All things aside though, is it just me or does James Allen sound like Barney out The Simpsons when he says 'Allo Everybody' at the beginning? Listen to it back....I swear you'll see what I mean.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 07:52 (Ref:2300910)   #80
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoe-maker
Just before the night race he talked about how lucrative Asia was as a market for F1 and how Europe and America was in the middle of the credit crunch "swimming in a sea of toxic debt". I didn't think it was silly, I just found it strangely poetic.
It brought a tear to my eye.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 08:07 (Ref:2300915)   #81
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
He made me laugh a few times during the weekend.

"Giant overgrown tic tacs" is the only one I can think of now.
Yeah, that was a good one right enough. I was trying to picture what he meant and did he mean the mint ones or the orange and lime ones...

The other one has been mentioned already and leapt out during the race was Hamilton's pass in a far superior car after a million laps of trying on a past sell by date Coulthard as if it was the pass of the century.

It is very interesting to compare the commentary on Setanta (unbiased towards any nationality as there is no connection) with ITV (are they watching the same race I am?). Coulthard gets completely slated on Setanta for his current performances which I think is probably fair. DC has had a good career but should have finished a season or two back. If I hear Brundle saying "You have to say, DC is doing a solid job" again...

It would be good to have a Daft Things James Allen Said for each GP cos each one is loaded. Shame in a way there's only 3 more races left with him on the mic.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 08:22 (Ref:2300924)   #82
nea
Racer

England
Saltaire, UK
nea should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unless the Beeb infuriate us all...
Old 1 Oct 2008, 11:56 (Ref:2301940)   #83
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoe-maker
Ah, so that's what he said. Hehehe.

As he was saying that I was in the kitchen and I was sure, at the time, that he said "toxic death". I am relieved I appear to have misheard!
Old 1 Oct 2008, 12:11 (Ref:2301959)   #84
Armchair Enthusiast
Rookie

United Kingdom
Towcester
Armchair Enthusiast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If I hear Brundle saying "You have to say, DC is doing a solid job" again...
You do realise Martin Brundle and Mark Blundell represent DC as his business managers..... They are going to be quids in with this BBC deal, both Brundle and Coulthard in the mix. Blundell obviously has done nothing to warrant his employment, maybe there is a lot of paperwork that needs doing though, or there are some pikies laying tarmac.....
Old 1 Oct 2008, 12:57 (Ref:2301993)   #85
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Enthusiast
You do realise Martin Brundle and Mark Blundell represent DC as his business managers..... They are going to be quids in with this BBC deal, both Brundle and Coulthard in the mix. Blundell obviously has done nothing to warrant his employment, maybe there is a lot of paperwork that needs doing though, or there are some pikies laying tarmac.....
I know they have a business relationship - doesn't make the comment any less infuriating (or cobblers) however!
Old 1 Oct 2008, 14:17 (Ref:2302055)   #86
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'Welcome to Singapore for the world's first night race'

World's first? The earliest race held at night I can think of is Le Mans 1923

He also said that Bourdais had won 2 night street races at Houston in the IRL. Ignorant moron.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 1 Oct 2008, 18:27 (Ref:2302227)   #87
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Ah, so that's what he said. Hehehe.

As he was saying that I was in the kitchen and I was sure, at the time, that he said "toxic death". I am relieved I appear to have misheard!
Who the hell are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottiella
All things aside though, is it just me or does James Allen sound like Barney out The Simpsons when he says 'Allo Everybody' at the beginning? Listen to it back....I swear you'll see what I mean.
Isn't it Dr Nick out of the Simpsons?