Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Jan 2014, 21:57 (Ref:3357645)   #51
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I knew what he was after and he was trolling to see what I would say. You point is???????????????????????????????
Settle petal, I resemble that troll remark...

There are none so blind....OK...there are many ways to secret stuff if you have the knowledge and wherewithal...sniffers that find find trackers, whizz's who can find trackers, burying (suitably wrapped), mines or caves etc some deep basements if they have the right construction etc

[don't get me started on Faraday Cages and Tinfoil hats tho!]
Old 23 Jan 2014, 23:50 (Ref:3357725)   #52
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post

There are none so blind....OK...there are many ways to secret stuff if you have the knowledge and wherewithal...sniffers that find find trackers, whizz's who can find trackers, burying (suitably wrapped), mines or caves etc some deep basements if they have the right construction etc

No I won't settle petal. You asked a leading question that you already knew the answer too, very obvious at the time and now you admit it, hence a troll. Nothing is foolproof but the average rip off heist of a race car is not going to include electronic equipment to detect transmitters. Past experience has shown that beyond padlocks and in exceptional cases building alarms very little and usually no other measures are taken, they just start crying and call the police.
Old 24 Jan 2014, 03:54 (Ref:3357783)   #53
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
No I won't settle petal. You asked a leading question that you already knew the answer too, very obvious at the time and now you admit it, hence a troll. Nothing is foolproof but the average rip off heist of a race car is not going to include electronic equipment to detect transmitters. Past experience has shown that beyond padlocks and in exceptional cases building alarms very little and usually no other measures are taken, they just start crying and call the police.
Please yourself....you have made up your mind about what was in my mind (very clever, wrong, but clever)

I tend not to advertise any tricks I might have heard of because (believe it or not) low-lifes can actually read Motor Racing Forums.

Have a nice day
Old 24 Jan 2014, 04:07 (Ref:3357788)   #54
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Please yourself....you have made up your mind about what was in my mind (very clever, wrong, but clever)

I tend not to advertise any tricks I might have heard of because (believe it or not) low-lifes can actually read Motor Racing Forums.

Have a nice day
I will and have. even the person who made the joke caught on so I was not alone. There are tricks with GPS trackers and there is no way I am telling them on here but rest assured it will be extraordinary if someone gets away with my race gear.
Old 24 Jan 2014, 04:23 (Ref:3357795)   #55
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

In this exact case, a simple car theft for a joyride, the GPS tracker would have worked perfectly.

No antitheft measure is full proof, but a tracker of some sort is better than nothing (as proved in this case, the $$$ its going to cost will be huge, compared to the cost of a tracker, that would have had the guys stopped before they even unloaded the trailer, and there would be $0 to spend (other than a new padlock)
Old 28 Jan 2014, 06:29 (Ref:3360903)   #56
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The got some one
Old 28 Jan 2014, 11:01 (Ref:3361009)   #57
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
Actually, they got two
Old 28 Jan 2014, 11:11 (Ref:3361012)   #58
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If only the thieves had GPS trackers..........
Old 29 Jan 2014, 07:50 (Ref:3361458)   #59
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by david5 View Post
If only the thieves had GPS trackers..........
Nice

Now for a conviction and a damages claim to bankrupt the *******s
Old 29 Jan 2014, 21:53 (Ref:3361841)   #60
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
The wheels of justice turn slowly...

http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/news...-race-car.html