Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 28 Jul 2002, 23:28 (Ref:344871)   #26
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Too true. Last year Stuart, having some experience and knowledge of what to do, carefully stood next to the landing pad, only to see the helicopter head 200 yards away. Still, at least it was the right part of the hill this time!

The driver in question drives the GN Spider, and seems quite enthusiastic about the idea. Who knows, we might all get a go in the chopper, although I'd want to know who's bringing it back in first...

Last edited by Woolley; 28 Jul 2002 at 23:28.
Old 28 Jul 2002, 23:31 (Ref:344872)   #27
icklimp
Racer

England
icklimp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The air ambulance not park where your expecting it to? Everyone at shelsley tells them to park at kennels to wake up the rescue crew, they just tell you its going to go to finish paddock!
Old 30 Jul 2002, 08:33 (Ref:346066)   #28
icklimp
Racer

England
I've been told that silverstone run mid season training days, can any silverstone marshals confirm that for me, and if so does it take the same format as a closed season training day?
Old 30 Jul 2002, 20:16 (Ref:346623)   #29
DarrellB
Racer

United Kingdom
Wiltshire
DarrellB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The main silverstone training day is at the begining of the year as with most other clubs due to the lack of meetings (even if the silverstone season tends to start in Feb)

They do run other sessions throughout the year which are mainly fire training and are held prior to a meeting on a Sunday morning because Silverstone has a late start time on Sundays.

We have also held rescue training sessions at Thruxton prior to the meeting starting, the last one being a practice extrication of Stuart Oliver from his truck!! (Thanks very much to Stuart for his and his mechanics assistance)

The other possibility for many people is an evening session during the year.
Old 6 Aug 2002, 09:15 (Ref:351091)   #30
icklimp
Racer

England
Wooley, was the driver david leigh of gn spider fame?

An evening session is a good idea but if possible i would like to do a full days when there are no meetings (ha ha ha), well no meeting in a 60 mile radius (not hard if its at cadwell park).

Any more ideas?
Old 6 Aug 2002, 09:19 (Ref:351095)   #31
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
May I suggest that you ask other clubs such as BARC, BRSCC and BRDC if they would be interested. If so you would be able to save on costs?
Old 6 Aug 2002, 17:00 (Ref:351427)   #32
icklimp
Racer

England
Stephen. at the moment i am aiming towards the Midland Automobile Club, mainly because they are quite central and VSCC friendly, but if they are not interested i will be approaching other clubs. This idea is very much in the early stages as i am just trying to get a general feel.

By the way, did you want to marshal at VSCC events- Loton Park on aug 31st/sept 1st or at Silverstone on 21st sept, if so let me know. I'll e-mail you with next years events when we get them.
Old 6 Aug 2002, 18:28 (Ref:351524)   #33
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by icklimp
I'll e-mail you with next years events when we get them.
Perhaps you could e-mail me the dates as well.
Old 6 Aug 2002, 19:35 (Ref:351596)   #34
icklimp
Racer

England
Hi peter can you e-mail me with your details and i'll make sure next years dates are sent to you, there will also be a lis of events on the new marshals guild website which should be up and running within the next week, i'll publish the details here when its working, i'll make sure the e-mail address to volunteer to is on the site. In the meantime can you e-mail volunteer@marshalsguild.co.uk with your details and when i have 2003 dates, which will be early next year, i will e-mail you back. Again if you want to volunteer for either of the meetings above send an e-mail to the same address.