Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 18 Aug 2002, 18:36 (Ref:362471)   #1
doug
Rookie

doug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks!!!

I thought it about time I came in here and said a big thank you to all you marshals. It's no doubt been done before but not by me like this. In my 15 years of racing, I have had the odd scrape!! and have had help from you people standing in all weathers, just so we can do what we like doing. Luckily I have never had a really serious accident, but still some big ones. Plus it's not just you on the post we drivers need to thank, it's also those in the assembly areas etc who help get us out there in the first place. Anyway I wont go on so..............................

many many thanks to you all...
Regards
Doug, currently in the sssshhh...clio's.
Old 18 Aug 2002, 19:13 (Ref:362474)   #2
Brushpusher
Racer

Brushpusher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you Doug in the Cl*o's (Shhh no one heard). As a marshal it is nice to be recognised by drivers for what we do. I have spent this weekend at Brands Hatch at a BRSCC meeting where there was a good variety of racing.

After the racing today a representative of the Legends drivers came over to the marshalls' raffle and thanked us all for our help in making the day a success despite one or two incidents with these cars. This earned him a cheer and a round of applause from the assembled marshalls.

Personally, suffering from sweaty Probans, not nice, sore feet and an aching back, this show of gratitude was most appreciated and perked me and my family up.

It is these sort of small things that please most marshalls along with drivers waving and acknowledging us after the chequered flag is out.

Good luck with your racing career and hope to meet you in the paddock, not on the circuit.

Take care, thank you and keep entertaining us all.

Tony

Last edited by Brushpusher; 18 Aug 2002 at 19:14.
Old 18 Aug 2002, 21:04 (Ref:362468)   #3
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hear,hear. You guys and girls did well to endure the very hot two days at Brands. Sorry we could not muster more cars for the BRSCC 50, hopefully we will have more for the Formula Saloons on Sept.8th (addition to the programme).
Old 18 Aug 2002, 21:19 (Ref:362472)   #4
doug
Rookie

Hi Tony,
I had a friend racing at Brands this weekend in a Fiesta, since speaking with him he said it had been a good day. And as for waving afetr a race, I make a habit of it, even if I have'nt won!!

cheers
Old 18 Aug 2002, 22:12 (Ref:362465)   #5
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Rod, any more details on the Sept 8th meeting. I assume this a replacement for the cancelled Rockingham/Donington rounds. Any idea what else is on the bill?
Old 18 Aug 2002, 23:11 (Ref:362464)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Super Coupe Cup is there too I believe. I was pencilled in for this one - looks likely it'll be a definite if Formula Saloons are there too
Old 19 Aug 2002, 12:53 (Ref:362466)   #7
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for that Doug, it is nice to know that we are appreciated by the drivers. I too was at Brands yesterday and it does make a difference when a driver comes and says thanks face to face, certainly makes standing there in the sun and heat worthwhile.

PS Which Clio do you drive? I follow the championship and will keep an eye out for you at Brands.
Old 19 Aug 2002, 17:15 (Ref:362473)   #8
doug
Rookie

Hi Claire, this season I am not racing the clio, although i still have it, It is being used by Renault for test and developement work on a racing diesel engine, but hopefully I should be back out next year.(in something)
cheers
Old 19 Aug 2002, 17:55 (Ref:362475)   #9
Brushpusher
Racer

Brushpusher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Claire,

Nice to have met you on Sunday around by the Medical Centre, a little warmer than Knockhill in the rain!!

Hope you had a good day and will look out for you when I am next out and introduce you to my family. Alex our son is the young lad usually dressed in orange at sign on, he was behind post 22 on Sunday.

Stay safe.

Tony & Co
Old 19 Aug 2002, 20:56 (Ref:362470)   #10
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by doug
many many thanks to you all...
Regards
Doug, currently in the sssshhh...clio's.
Are you racing at Brands this weekend. If so, what number are you?
Old 19 Aug 2002, 21:24 (Ref:362469)   #11
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
September 8th has two Formula Saloon races (to make up for cancelled ones) V-Sport,2CV,Super Coupe double header.Makes it look like another saloon car festival.
Old 20 Aug 2002, 13:11 (Ref:362467)   #12
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Tony, nice to meet you too. Will have a few more faces I recognise on the 8th September. Do we have a new recruit in your son when he is old enough?

Doug, hope that you are able to race something next season, it's very kind of you to lend your Clio to Renault!!