Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Dec 2019, 18:52 (Ref:3948258)   #901
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have been rummaging around the 2008 era, and downloaded a number of pictures, so unless you are at lease 40 years old you may want to switch off now;
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Sat 005.JPG   Classic Sat 007.JPG   Classic Sat 010.JPG  

Classic Sat 020.JPG   Classic Sat 028.JPG   Classic Sat 030.JPG  

Old 23 Dec 2019, 20:09 (Ref:3948279)   #902
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Flying high for Mike.
Attached Thumbnails
1549.JPG   1550.JPG   1552.JPG  

1554.JPG   1567.JPG   1570.JPG  

Old 23 Dec 2019, 20:13 (Ref:3948281)   #903
bauble
Veteran

England
And some for JR;
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Sat 038.JPG   Classic Sat 039.JPG   Classic Sat 046.JPG  

Classic Sat 051.JPG   Classic Sat 056.JPG   Classic Sat 068.JPG  

Old 23 Dec 2019, 20:15 (Ref:3948282)   #904
bauble
Veteran

England
Famous faces you know the names;
Attached Thumbnails
Brit GP 002.JPG   Brit GP 005.JPG   Brit GP 008.JPG  

Brit GP 012.JPG   IMG_0123.JPG   IMG_0124.JPG  

Old 24 Dec 2019, 07:57 (Ref:3948344)   #905
bauble
Veteran

England
Items gathering dust now get an airing; Pic 2 shows how the other half live. McClaren residence.
Attached Thumbnails
An odd 1.JPG   An odd 2.JPG   An Odd 3.JPG  

An odd 5.JPG   An odd 6.JPG   Ann Odd 4.JPG  

Old 24 Dec 2019, 08:07 (Ref:3948346)   #906
bauble
Veteran

England
With the somewhat miserable weather we are having here in the UK, I bring a bit of sunshine to greet the day. Some great 1950's sports cars, most are just plain lovely, but the Ferrari is one of the less pretty ones from the Scuderia;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0510.JPG   IMG_0526.JPG   IMG_0499.JPG  

IMG_0537.JPG   IMG_0534.JPG   IMG_0521.JPG  

Old 24 Dec 2019, 09:53 (Ref:3948356)   #907
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
With the somewhat miserable weather we are having here in the UK, I bring a bit of sunshine to greet the day. Some great 1950's sports cars, most are just plain lovely, but the Ferrari is one of the less pretty ones from the Scuderia;
I don’t mind the red car, and you already know my opinion of the DB3!
Of course the C Types are as lovely as ever.....

So, the Woody in post 905- what is it, anyone? Ford / Fordson? I’m using phone so pic is very small.... Did notice it’s got a Norfolk registration number, though!
Old 24 Dec 2019, 09:57 (Ref:3948357)   #908
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Think it is a Ford Prefect but I can not read the motif on the grill.
Old 24 Dec 2019, 10:09 (Ref:3948358)   #909
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I don’t mind the red car, and you already know my opinion of the DB3!
Of course the C Types are as lovely as ever.....

So, the Woody in post 905- what is it, anyone? Ford / Fordson? I’m using phone so pic is very small.... Did notice it’s got a Norfolk registration number, though!
I liked the woody too. I also think it's a Prefect, but then it could have been built on a Fordson commercial chassis. DVLA records are incomplete, just say it is a Brown Ford, 1172cc and the VIN is: C152343
Old 24 Dec 2019, 10:58 (Ref:3948361)   #910
bauble
Veteran

England
There you go again! Of all the pictures you lot pick on some ramshackle old Ford to ramble on about.

I'm going to have to seriously re-consider …………………………...
Old 24 Dec 2019, 12:16 (Ref:3948367)   #911
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Think it is a Ford Prefect but I can not read the motif on the grill.
Think the motif starts with a a P and there’s an F in the middle, so sounds good!

What was it’s reason for being at Goody, I wonder?
Old 24 Dec 2019, 12:18 (Ref:3948368)   #912
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is in period!!!
Old 24 Dec 2019, 12:22 (Ref:3948369)   #913
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Fast delivery of croissants to the marshals?

Of all the pictures you lot pick on some ramshackle old Ford to ramble on about. Who asked for naming the cars as he hasn't note the name before taking the picture?
Old 24 Dec 2019, 12:29 (Ref:3948371)   #914
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
It is in period!!!
Definitely!
Old 24 Dec 2019, 13:23 (Ref:3948377)   #915
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Bob, there will be plenty of photo oportunities at the Shuttleworth Trusts engineering day Friday 27th. All the hangers and workshops are open and some cars and planes will be outside.
January 1st is also Vintage Stony, Stony Stratford. The town fills with Vintage cars & bikes, Classic Cars & Bikes. At 12.00 they have a minute of noise which has been impressive in the past.
Old 24 Dec 2019, 15:22 (Ref:3948391)   #916
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Think the motif starts with a a P and there’s an F in the middle, so sounds good!

What was it’s reason for being at Goody, I wonder?
A school fiend of mine's Mum had a 100E Prefect many years ago. The badge on the boot broke and the 'P' turned around and it looks like it read 'defect'!
Old 24 Dec 2019, 15:36 (Ref:3948393)   #917
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I learnt to drive in a Ford Prefect. Three speed gearbox, no synchro on first, semaphore indicators, vacuum wiper motor. Loved it.
Old 24 Dec 2019, 16:23 (Ref:3948401)   #918
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
I learnt to drive in a Ford Prefect. Three speed gearbox, no synchro on first, semaphore indicators, vacuum wiper motor. Loved it.
Careful, we’ll incur Bauble’s rath again! Oh, let’s go for it anyway.
My elder Sis’s first car was a 100E exactly as above, but the time I was ready for my first set of (4) wheels it was a very rusty 107E.... I remember when a bit younger some friends visiting in their E93A, which promptly broke its rear suspension spring on the rough country lanes. Bit of a disaster with suspension design going back to the Ford Model T.....

Last edited by Mike Bell; 24 Dec 2019 at 16:31.
Old 24 Dec 2019, 16:30 (Ref:3948403)   #919
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Just to wind good old Baub up even more (this'll test his Christmas spirit...)
The old 3 speed gearbox had ratio's spread so far apart, you could be revving the absolute whatists off the engine in second, but when you changed up into top the engine would just bog...
Old 24 Dec 2019, 17:02 (Ref:3948415)   #920
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Just to wind good old Baub up even more (this'll test his Christmas spirit...)
The old 3 speed gearbox had ratio's spread so far apart, you could be revving the absolute whatists off the engine in second, but when you changed up into top the engine would just bog...
Remember it well, my first car as well complete with rotten sills, 100E Popular de luxe which meant it had a heater!
Old 24 Dec 2019, 17:23 (Ref:3948418)   #921
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Oh, let’s go for it anyway.
An after market heater was a must in some of our popular cars, like the 750.
The heating system on the air-cooled engined cars was a kind of warning before the idiot lights. If you and your passengers had a strong smell of french fries in the hair (sorry, bob), this was a good indicator for an oil leak…
Old 24 Dec 2019, 17:36 (Ref:3948423)   #922
bauble
Veteran

England
Oh! Look! Someone's gone and posted picture on the thread!
Really how inconsiderate;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0345.JPG   IMG_0948.JPG   See Red 07 166.JPG  

IMG_0762.JPG   IMG_0798.JPG   IMG_0600.JPG  

Old 24 Dec 2019, 17:41 (Ref:3948424)   #923
bauble
Veteran

England
Oh no! Not more pictures ……. this really will interfere with the conversation.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2172.JPG   IMG_2187.JPG   IMG_2217.JPG  

IMG_2221.JPG   IMG_2226.JPG   IMG_2229.JPG  

Old 24 Dec 2019, 17:53 (Ref:3948426)   #924
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Oh! Look! Someone's gone and posted picture on the thread! Really how inconsiderate;

That exquisite Giallo Fly 275GTB in #922 was owned by Diogo Ferrão’s father when that pic was taken. No idea if he still has it. Silverstone Classic perhaps? If so, it spun in front of me at Stowe during a very local rain shower, and I had visions of the priceless Ferrari with a Gilbern GT embedded in the side......
Old 24 Dec 2019, 17:54 (Ref:3948428)   #925
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that a Standard(No. 50) in post 922?