Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 24 Jun 2002, 11:38 (Ref:320307)   #1
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Ferrari Meeting Brands Hatch 3/4th August

As many of you will be aware, there is a Ferrari/Maserrati weekend on the 3rd and 4th August at Brand Hatch with a concert on the Saturday evening (Jools Holland and Eric Clapton).

I made a few enquiries over the weekend and this morning regarding any concessions for marshals with regard to tickets for the concert on Saturday evening. It appears there are to be no 'free tickets' issued to anyone, including Octagon staff, and so if you wish to attend the concert (being held on the airfield) the price is the same as anyone else £45. That includes the racing for Saturday and Sunday.

As I understand it, Ferrari are the major promotor in this event, hence no deal for us from Octagon. In fairness, I think if it had been an Octagon promoted event we would have received some 'discount' or the like on tickets.

Sadly, given the cost of the tickets, I have now cancelled my plans to attend the concert, but will still be there for the racing.

Shame innit...
Old 24 Jun 2002, 12:06 (Ref:320323)   #2
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shame they couldn't have squeezed out a few tickets for the Marshals, but if the Octagon Staff also have to pay, then I s'pose it's only fair!
Old 24 Jun 2002, 12:39 (Ref:320341)   #3
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I would have thought they could manage a ticket for cheaper if the £45 includes the racing for Saturday and Sunday though wouldn't you think.

And I assume that Octagon Staff get paid for being such.....

*shrug* ah well.
Old 24 Jun 2002, 18:27 (Ref:320581)   #4
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Richard Sneader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come Lawnmower racing for the 12hr on the 3/4 August weekend. I can not provide a concert but we do look after the marshals by supplying your food and drink for the whole event and I can promise you exciting racing and treated with respect and if it is the same format as last year we all got a medal to show we were at the event and a thank you from everyone involved including all the drivers.
GO ON GIVE IT A GO.
If you are interested then contact me by mail at:richard_sneader@hotmail.com
Thank you,
Richard Sneader...
Chief Marshal BLMRA.
Old 25 Jun 2002, 07:00 (Ref:320982)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Errr Richard, sorry but if the choice is Ferrari's or lawn mowers, I think I know where I will be
Old 25 Jun 2002, 12:05 (Ref:321197)   #6
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic Ferraris might be OK, but if it were a choice between the Pirelli Maranello Ferrari Challenge or lawnmowers, the lawnmowers get it every time!
Old 25 Jun 2002, 13:31 (Ref:321255)   #7
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
wait a minute -you're not a marshal........AND you're a mini admirer.....

BURN THE HERETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually no - I'm bored with burning heretics....

CHAINSAW THE HERETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 25 Jun 2002 at 13:32.
Old 25 Jun 2002, 18:07 (Ref:321442)   #8
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's a cool graphic!
Old 25 Jun 2002, 21:51 (Ref:321599)   #9
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
EP - see where the Evil part of your username comes from!!
Old 8 Jul 2002, 09:29 (Ref:329198)   #10
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Well sod it - I've written to Jools Holland. Maybe he can help!
Old 11 Jul 2002, 12:15 (Ref:331747)   #11
pinki
Racer

United Kingdom
Kent, England
pinki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there for all three days and yes I work for Octagon and Yes we've been told we can't have any free tickets, so I'm not going either.
Old 30 Jul 2002, 08:14 (Ref:346038)   #12
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just found out the Thoroughbred G.P. cars can only race on the Indy circuit due to some problem. Means a bit of work altering the barriers each time as the rest of the races will still be on G.P. loop.
Old 30 Jul 2002, 08:28 (Ref:346059)   #13
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
So what's going to happen to all the marshals out on the 'long circuit'. They are going to miss seeing the cars we are all going there to see! Stuff the Ferrari's, we only go to see the TGP's
Old 30 Jul 2002, 09:50 (Ref:346135)   #14
AndyF
Veteran

Yeah but they get a second lunch-break!
Old 30 Jul 2002, 10:56 (Ref:346181)   #15
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I'm going to cry now......(boo hoo)
Old 30 Jul 2002, 11:35 (Ref:346202)   #16
pinki
Racer

United Kingdom
Kent, England
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
So what's going to happen to all the marshals out on the 'long circuit'. They are going to miss seeing the cars we are all going there to see! Stuff the Ferrari's, we only go to see the TGP's
I suppose the club could always bus everyone on the GP circuit down to Posts 10 & 22 so they can watch the action.
Old 30 Jul 2002, 11:43 (Ref:346211)   #17
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Excuse me while I double up with laughter. Getting a bus too and from the post would be a bonus, but to watch the TGP's as well....get real
Old 30 Jul 2002, 12:53 (Ref:346267)   #18
QuickBrownFox
Racer

United Kingdom
Hailsham, East Sussex
QuickBrownFox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there may be a silver lining.

According to the timetable, the TGPs are due to be the last race of the day, which means the long circuit posts may have the opportunity to pack up and and get to see the racing.

Although I note that the preceeding race is Historic Formula Fords.....................
Old 30 Jul 2002, 13:39 (Ref:346320)   #19
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Welcome to ten-tenths QuickBrownFox and especially the Marshals Forum.

I have to say, given the choice of Historic FFords and TGP's on the full GP circuit, the TGP's win hands down. Wouldn't you agree?

Stephen.
Old 30 Jul 2002, 13:54 (Ref:346336)   #20
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there's still the F5000's...
Maybe Rod could enlighten us all as to what the problem is?
I'm sure i remember them running on the long circuit before, might have even been last year.
Old 30 Jul 2002, 13:57 (Ref:346339)   #21
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
That's right, they ran in the April meeting (I think) on the full circuit.
Old 30 Jul 2002, 15:38 (Ref:346416)   #22
pinki
Racer

United Kingdom
Kent, England
Bet it's something to do with the Dingle chicane, it scares them
Old 31 Jul 2002, 13:36 (Ref:347151)   #23
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been in touch with the TGP website www.tgp-f1.com Apparently,the FIA licence for the GP circuit does not allow them to use it-they would LOVE to! They are going to provide some means of getting you marshals to the indy circuit.If you post in the forum page of their site it will provide evidence to,hopefully, persuade Octagon to do the necessary work so they can race through the woods in future years!
Old 31 Jul 2002, 13:55 (Ref:347161)   #24
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Thanks Rob. It seems strange that the World Superbikes could race there last weekend but not the TGP's this weekend? Do you know if Martin Stretton is bringing the 6 wheel Tyrrel along this time? I saw him at the Goodwood Festival of Speed and the guy is, and always has been, awesome!
Old 31 Jul 2002, 20:55 (Ref:347385)   #25
QuickBrownFox
Racer

United Kingdom
Hailsham, East Sussex
QuickBrownFox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Steve.
No mention of Martin in current entry list; Tyrells entered so far are 011, 012 and 012/1.
The gist of the Historic Formula Fords comment was that seeing as there are some 43 current entries, I fear that the probability of clear-ups on grand prix loop stopping long circuit marshals seeing TGPs seems quite high. I think I may have to join the growing ranks of marshals aiming for Druids!