Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 9 Jan 2003, 15:53 (Ref:468533)   #1
jjjoseee
Racer

jjjoseee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
jan magnussen in WS

ex-formula 1 driver (mclaren and stewart) danesse jan magnussen could race next year in the WS but team is for the moment not knowing. magnussen add his name to the formula 1 drivers who asked for the series to the next season (marc gene, felipe massa, enrique bernoldi, luciano burti and luca badoer)

and finally about gabord. there was rumours last weeks about the continuity of the team in the series, but today i could read a interview with team manager (javier campillo) where he said that they wanted repeat with zonta but that his toyota sign finish the possibility, but they are now looking for two drivers to figh by the title next year... so is clear they have not in his mind abandonon, if not repeat the title.

by the way, three of the four placements in the WS final standings are in formula 1 for 2003: zonta in toyota, wilson in minardi and montagny in renault, so it appears that formula 1 teams have confident about the level of the series, without doubt.

best wishes
un saludo
jjjoseee, jose ramon galan
Old 9 Jan 2003, 16:15 (Ref:468552)   #2
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is WS? Is it the Dallara Nissan thing i guess....

isnt he a bit old for that now?

Last edited by DavidStHubbins; 9 Jan 2003 at 16:17.
Old 9 Jan 2003, 16:17 (Ref:468555)   #3
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Telefonica World Series, it races all the way to 11!
Old 9 Jan 2003, 16:19 (Ref:468557)   #4
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ah, the telephone series. Go Magnussen, he rocks like that rock group... cant remember their names - come from Squatney. Itll come to me...
Old 9 Jan 2003, 16:50 (Ref:468589)   #5
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Duke Fang?
Old 9 Jan 2003, 17:02 (Ref:468604)   #6
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: jan magnussen in WS

Quote:
Originally posted by jjjoseee
by the way, three of the four placements in the WS final standings are in formula 1 for 2003: zonta in toyota, wilson in minardi and montagny in renault, so it appears that formula 1 teams have confident about the level of the series, without doubt.
True, but what does that say about F3000? Looks like Bourdais and Pantano are going to be battling in CART this year, while the person who finished joint 7th (!) gets a full time Jag ride. Life's not fair.

Wasn't Magnussen the one who blitzed F3 but then bombed in F1? or am I confusing him with Rosset.
Old 9 Jan 2003, 17:53 (Ref:468635)   #7
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah Magnussen's the one who blitzed, 14 out of 16 wasnt it? I think the other two were won by Franchitti and Rossett
Old 9 Jan 2003, 18:10 (Ref:468651)   #8
Morcilman
Racer

Spain
Spain
Morcilman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is going to become the series where the old elephants go to die...
Old 9 Jan 2003, 18:21 (Ref:468660)   #9
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by ghinzani
Duke Fang?
The THAMES MEN!!
Old 9 Jan 2003, 19:54 (Ref:468756)   #10
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Morcilman
Is going to become the series where the old elephants go to die...
if it goves us some good racing then thats ok by me .
Old 9 Jan 2003, 20:43 (Ref:468818)   #11
jjjoseee
Racer

COS, please, re-read my words, in any time i say some word about 3000?, no. i only say that WS appears a respectable category for f1 team managers, but this not mean that is the only... i don't know why you say that you say when i never say nothing about 3000. for me this is not a war, i'm speakins about WS, not about 3000, if i speak of 3000 i will speak about f3000, not about WS.

magnussen old?, is apoint of view, he is 30 years old... and yes WS the idea is become an after f1 category, if anyone prefer say: "where the old elephants go to die... " is right, just is that organizer want, a place to f1 rejects. you can name it as after f1 series, paralell professional series and... why not: "where the old elephants go to die... ", it's a respet problem, no more. (si respetas las series las llamaras de una manera, sino de otra. pero al final la idea es la misma).
Old 9 Jan 2003, 21:20 (Ref:468856)   #12
jjjoseee
Racer

other new over the series. in the last days of december was the first development test with the new michelin tyres for 2003 and the new motor (marc gene in an adrian campos car). the result was more than 1,5 seconds fastest that the best ever time in valencia track with the 2002 spec car. not bad if we think that was the first taste for the tyres. after this i think when WS start the season they will near 3 seconds fastest that this year (about 2.5 seconds perhaps). this mean definitively that WS will be the fastest series in europe with diference (except f1 of course), and third in the world after f1 and cart (irl i suppose is fastest also that WS, but i think is not comparable by the oval only races question, maybe a irl car in a conventional track could be very slow because is not design for it, only design for ovals, so best is only make count with same type of series i think, fair play, isn't it?)

un saludo
jjjoseee, jose ramon galan