Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 27 Feb 2012, 10:32 (Ref:3031831)   #26
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I didn't think that was the first time the 500 had ever been postponed.

I mean I couldn't remember it occurring in my lifetime, but in my fathers lifetime too?
Old 27 Feb 2012, 12:11 (Ref:3031862)   #27
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
5pm UK time, will still be shown on Premier Sports but dont look too forward to it because the forecast is for thunderstorms pretty much all day, but it should clear late afternoon/evening.

As for not racing in the rain, 43 cars, standing water, 200mph. Doesn't take an expert to realise it will not end well. However saying that i think Nascar should take a good look at developing a rain package for road courses.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 13:23 (Ref:3031889)   #28
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone know of a site with a MRN stream? I'm currently abroad and won't be able to watch it on TV.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 14:46 (Ref:3031937)   #29
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I didn't think that was the first time the 500 had ever been postponed.

I mean I couldn't remember it occurring in my lifetime, but in my fathers lifetime too?
I heard that from Joe Moore and Eli Gold of MRN yesterday: "the 500 has been shortened by rain 4 times and the 400 was postponed until October once because Florida was on fire, but the 500 has never started on Monday". Hence the old joke that Big Bill France made a "deal" with God or Mother Nature to have great weather during speedweeks.

History of delays and first start on Monday:
http://www.nascar.com/news/120226/da...lay/index.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Does anyone know of a site with a MRN stream? I'm currently abroad and won't be able to watch it on TV.
Try the Motor Racing Network's stream page:
http://www.motorracingnetwork.com/stream.html
Old 27 Feb 2012, 15:31 (Ref:3031956)   #30
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Having rained all morning and showers being the forecast this afternoon, NASCAR is going to grant some of us our wish, and start the race shortly after 7 pm EST.

FOX will still have the coverage.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 16:58 (Ref:3031990)   #31
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Having rained all morning and showers being the forecast this afternoon, NASCAR is going to grant some of us our wish, and start the race shortly after 7 pm EST.

FOX will still have the coverage.
Good deal! Looks like someone at Nascar went to weather.com to help save thousands a lot of time and effort instead of uselessly thrashing to get the track dry.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 17:33 (Ref:3031997)   #32
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a question, who will show the green flag now as the planned green flag person has other plans?
Old 27 Feb 2012, 21:04 (Ref:3032088)   #33
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Storms are building to the west again. :\

I also just realized that due to the delay, I now have an extensive collection of Judge Judy on my DVR.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 21:09 (Ref:3032090)   #34
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I also just realized that due to the delay, I now have an extensive collection of Judge Judy on my DVR.
They'll be more exciting than a tandem-draft race.

Fingers crossed the rain stays away. There's only so long I can wait for this race...
Old 28 Feb 2012, 00:08 (Ref:3032184)   #35
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Sounds like we have cars on course....pace laps under way.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 00:18 (Ref:3032187)   #36
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Well all of the feel good stories are wiped out on lap 1!
Old 28 Feb 2012, 01:20 (Ref:3032215)   #37
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Managed to find an android app that carries a MRN stream, yay.

Also managed to find a 720p video feed, but Justin.TV won't accept my PRO account code
Old 28 Feb 2012, 02:15 (Ref:3032229)   #38
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Well all of the feel good stories are wiped out on lap 1!
Such a shame
Old 28 Feb 2012, 02:53 (Ref:3032238)   #39
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont even know how to explain what just happened under caution. Juan crashed into a jet dryer and both burst into flames O____O Dave Blaney wins the race (scored 1st last I looked, correct me if I'm wrong) if this does not restart.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 02:57 (Ref:3032239)   #40
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
John Paul somehow sets Florida on fire by hitting a jet dryer going into three...maybe loose wheel?
Old 28 Feb 2012, 02:57 (Ref:3032240)   #41
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like something went on the car...it just turned right.

And I'm pretty sure that's it for the race, there's no way the track is still raceable after that fire.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 02:58 (Ref:3032242)   #42
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Is Montoya completely retarded? What the hell was he thinking?
Old 28 Feb 2012, 03:00 (Ref:3032243)   #43
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
Probably "Oh crap I've got no control"
Old 28 Feb 2012, 03:00 (Ref:3032244)   #44
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Personally, I'd be very happy with who looks like will win this race due to this event.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 03:05 (Ref:3032246)   #45
picchiofan
Racer

Iran
picchiofan User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
Looks like a transmission failure, locked the rear end up and the car just slid sideways.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 03:09 (Ref:3032248)   #46
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by picchiofan View Post
Looks like a transmission failure, locked the rear end up and the car just slid sideways.

From radio reports, every gear was vibrating when he shifted to it.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 03:11 (Ref:3032252)   #47
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Not JPM's fault; something surely broke....
Old 28 Feb 2012, 03:20 (Ref:3032254)   #48
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
The destroyed jet dryer truck has been removed from the racing surface. Looks like no actual asphalt damage, or much to the wall, but it will be a huge mess to clean up.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 03:21 (Ref:3032255)   #49
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The last 30 minutes have been incredible to watch. I've seen racers and safety cars collide before, but never something like this.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 03:26 (Ref:3032257)   #50
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
If they restart, that surface damn well better be in good enough shape! NASCAR will be in deeper **** than they can imagine if it's not, and something gives when the field goes over the top of that area at speed!

They've already dodged a HUGE bullet in that neither Montoya nor the truck driver seem to be hurt!