Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 Oct 2021, 08:28 (Ref:4079312)   #326
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec83 View Post
Unless you are 100% certain it has bottomed out… the capital raising suggests that might not the case :-/

Either way, its bad news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why is it bad news? If the capital raising fails that will be bad news and there are no guarantees that it won't though I suspect they would have done their homework on that before getting this far.
Old 21 Oct 2021, 08:49 (Ref:4079313)   #327
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no worries ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Why is it bad news? If the capital raising fails that will be bad news and there are no guarantees that it won't though I suspect they would have done their homework on that before getting this far.
Spot on.

It is not an unusual for such an arrangement at this point of the transaction, as is paying out the REC holders over 3 years.
Any owner taking the money & heading off to spend it elsewhere wont happen.

$25 mil in a $100 mil deal is nothing to be concerned about.
Old 21 Oct 2021, 10:31 (Ref:4079328)   #328
Spec83
Rookie

Spec83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should they not have had their ducks in a row before they offered though?? (I.e. raised the capital 12-18 months ago??)

Apologies, might be me being a bit naïve

Old 21 Oct 2021, 10:52 (Ref:4079332)   #329
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec83 View Post
Should they not have had their ducks in a row before they offered though?? (I.e. raised the capital 12-18 months ago??)

Apologies, might be me being a bit naïve

Where did Archer get the funds for their bid?
It wasn’t their funds that were invested, it was their unit holders’ funds invested on their behalf by Archer. Exactly the same thing really.

And yes, on paper the buy price and sell price are misaligned for Archer, which conveniently ignores the dividends paid out (the 65% the teams didn’t get) over the life of the investment. It would be unlikely that across that period that the investors weren’t actually ahead overall…
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 22 Oct 2021, 08:03 (Ref:4079437)   #330
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
The RACE consortium will combine all of Australia’s major motor racing categories under one ownership and management group.
That’s not a good thing
Old 22 Oct 2021, 08:08 (Ref:4079438)   #331
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
That’s not a good thing
Are you aware of the world we live in now?

I actually think fragmentation and self interest has been bad for fans and bad for the sport. ARG buying and walling off categories from bigger audiences was never going to be a good long term plan.

And ARG could never get a race up in uncertain times and Supercars did a pretty good job of that. So hopefully we get the strengths of both and no more conflict.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 23 Oct 2021, 04:46 (Ref:4079522)   #332
cavvy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

I actually think fragmentation and self interest has been bad for fans and bad for the sport. ARG buying and walling off categories from bigger audiences was never going to be a good long term plan.

And ARG could never get a race up in uncertain times and Supercars did a pretty good job of that. So hopefully we get the strengths of both and no more conflict.

How the various categories fare will be a business decision, not necessarily reflecting the views of we fans.

Coch0 was a deft hand at extracting the best deals for Supercars from State Governments & without the strong hold of the manufacturers, the smaller markets may be the losers.
Hopefully I'm wrong.
Old 23 Oct 2021, 04:51 (Ref:4079523)   #333
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The smaller markets also have suicidally short sighted and stupid border policies and may cost their population a lot by their selfish stupidity and lack of urgency with vaccination.

Old 24 Oct 2021, 01:20 (Ref:4079653)   #334
cavvy
Veteran

Quote:
The smaller markets also have suicidally short sighted and stupid border policies and may cost their population a lot by their selfish stupidity and lack of urgency with vaccination.

Sydney may be the centre of Australia but WA will see out 2021 in better shape than NSW ... .... back to motorsport pls ....
Old 24 Oct 2021, 01:32 (Ref:4079655)   #335
cavvy
Veteran

RECs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack65 View Post
When the original RECs were handed out, IIRC teams paid a token $10K when they were created in 1997 as franchises. But since then there have been multiple restructures, with the difference Level 1 and 2 franchises disappearing, and IMG coming and going.

When Archer bought in in 2011, it was reported as a 60/40 split, now it is reported as 65/35, so perhaps Archer have elected to or been obliged to buy out teams as they left the series.
Interesting commentary in AA on RECs in the new structure of Supercars:

'The new deal effectively creates a value in each of the RECs at around $1 million, a significant turnaround from recent years when both Tickford Racing and Triple Eight Race Engineering handed RECs back to Supercars without payment until they were re-sold to a new owner.'

It’s a far cry from halcyon past years when RECs were reportedly sold for as much as $2 million each. Recently the value had dropped, and the price has been somewhere around $500,000 to $650,000 each if a serious bidder who could support a Supercars program could be found and approved.'

& dealing with getting teams to all rounds:
'As other details of the TLA-ARG buyout emerge, it appears that any plans to expand the grid back up from 26 to 30 cars has been rejected by team owners as they look to restrict supply to restore value in the revised REC.'

'The REC situation has become complicated in recent years as some teams have struggled to find the budgets to field cars and service the REC requirement to compete in every race of the Repco Supercars Championship.'

https://autoaction.com.au/2021/10/23...-supercar-recs
Old 24 Oct 2021, 06:39 (Ref:4079674)   #336
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
Sydney may be the centre of Australia but WA will see out 2021 in better shape than NSW ... .... back to motorsport pls ....
Just lucky you do nothing but dig **** out of the ground for China, and that going back to the dark ages gets you a lollipop and a landslide election victory.

At least he didn't go cap in hand to the Feds to bail out the sacrifical tourism businesses like Ana.

Old 24 Oct 2021, 10:37 (Ref:4079685)   #337
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

What conflict has there been? Both have kept themselves pretty seperate.

We know have the one company having either part-ownership or complete ownership of a bunch of major series, and the same company having either part ownership or full ownership of 4 of the allotted 5 events at Bathurst per year.

That is plainly disgraceful.
Old 24 Oct 2021, 13:09 (Ref:4079706)   #338
Mixer
Veteran

Plainly disgraceful? I am detecting more than a bit of Animal Farm in your statements.

ARG had collected a great many categories and locked them out of racing with other promoters, causing friction and drama with competitors in more than one of the categories they acquired. Yet somehow people thought of this consolidation of power as good.

Supercars doing the same thing, generally to the benefit of the categories aligned with Supercars was seen as bad.

Now a combined ownership of the Supercars business by ARG and others is bad.

If there is an anticompetitive element there are pathways to deal with that.

Or is it just a case 4 legs good, 2 legs bad?

Old 24 Oct 2021, 20:47 (Ref:4079795)   #339
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Plainly disgraceful? I am detecting more than a bit of Animal Farm in your statements.

ARG had collected a great many categories and locked them out of racing with other promoters, causing friction and drama with competitors in more than one of the categories they acquired. Yet somehow people thought of this consolidation of power as good.

Supercars doing the same thing, generally to the benefit of the categories aligned with Supercars was seen as bad.

Now a combined ownership of the Supercars business by ARG and others is bad.

If there is an anticompetitive element there are pathways to deal with that.

Or is it just a case 4 legs good, 2 legs bad?

My personal worry is that as someone who attends both ARG and Supercars meetings if they combine them into 1 big show that halves the number of meetings I would be interested in attending.Less racing to go to is never a good idea.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 03:13 (Ref:4079842)   #340
cavvy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
My personal worry is that as someone who attends both ARG and Supercars meetings if they combine them into 1 big show that halves the number of meetings I would be interested in attending.Less racing to go to is never a good idea.
Big shows for TV/media is the way we are headed.

I'm hopeful the Sandown historic meeting of Nov 5/6/7 will be allowed to welcome we peasants: https://vhrr.com/wp/sandown/
I love to sit in my lounge room, but miss the sound, the smell.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 04:57 (Ref:4079852)   #341
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I'm hopeful the Sandown historic meeting of Nov 5/6/7 will be allowed to welcome we peasants: https://vhrr.com/wp/sandown/
I love to sit in my lounge room, but miss the sound, the smell.
I got word a couple of weeks ago from a friend who is involved in the organisation that there will be no spectators allowed. Logistically too difficult was the what I was told. Just competitors and helper(s). Not sure how many per car.

Edit: I just looked on the website and it now says in red :
"Regrettably due to Covid restrictions there will be no spectators at this meeting."

It then goes on to mention..... It has come to our attention that there is quite a bit of confusion/
misinformation circulating regarding the “Covid Vaccination” status
for this event.
Therefore please note that All persons seeking to attend the Sandown
venue for this event must be double vaccinated, and will need to
produce satisfactory evidence of such to gain entry.
This is not optional, and there are no exceptions.
The above is a Direction of the Victorian State Government

Yet on the same page it goes on to promote the event:
Looking for a weekend with a difference? A weekend you’ll long remember? Then how about this year’s Historic Sandown meeting for a feast of top motor racing action. There’s plenty to see on all three days from November 5 – 7, 2021.

And they wonder why there is confusion.....

Last edited by E.B; 25 Oct 2021 at 05:11. Reason: Added updated confirmation of event status
Old 25 Oct 2021, 07:54 (Ref:4079864)   #342
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
And ARG could never get a race up in uncertain times and Supercars did a pretty good job of that
And yet you are advocating ARG buying a share of Supercars as a good thing?

Quote:
If there is an anticompetitive element there are pathways to deal with
What are the pathways?
Old 25 Oct 2021, 08:22 (Ref:4079869)   #343
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Correct
Old 25 Oct 2021, 18:28 (Ref:4079983)   #344
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Just as long as we get a good calendar with enough races next year, then that’s a good start going. Got to avoid the disruption we’ve had to the calendar the last two seasons
Old 26 Oct 2021, 00:23 (Ref:4080042)   #345
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Just as long as we get a good calendar with enough races next year, then that’s a good start going. Got to avoid the disruption we’ve had to the calendar the last two seasons
A new custodian for the series will achieve this?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 26 Oct 2021, 10:48 (Ref:4080122)   #346
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Better eradicate Covid then
Old 26 Oct 2021, 12:34 (Ref:4080142)   #347
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That's what they are doing. After a slow start, vaccines are picking up down under and there are signs of progress, so while the virus will never go away, it will be under better control, like here in the UK
Old 26 Oct 2021, 14:28 (Ref:4080168)   #348
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's what they are doing. After a slow start, vaccines are picking up down under and there are signs of progress, so while the virus will never go away, it will be under better control, like here in the UK
You must read the Daily Mail.
Old 26 Oct 2021, 16:16 (Ref:4080182)   #349
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
With a 7 day average of 45K (new infections) per day in the UK, I guess there must be a marked reduction in fatalities to refer to it as being under better control (for which the vaccine rather than planning is responsible I imagine).
Old 27 Oct 2021, 19:04 (Ref:4080318)   #350
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...-sale-process/