Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Jul 2008, 14:36 (Ref:2257773)   #1
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
Redneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRedneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bentley Driver's Club Silverstone August 2nd

I'm still up to my eyeballs in work but hoping to make this meeting with the Thoroughbred Sportscars as it is really one of my favourite meetings of the year. A proper dirty old car meeting. Anyone else be there?
Old 25 Jul 2008, 14:39 (Ref:2257776)   #2
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John Hutch Junior will be running in my Lancia (which he is currently towing over to Brands)

I know he enjoyed it very much last year
Old 25 Jul 2008, 15:55 (Ref:2257802)   #3
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I'll be there in the Thoroughbreds with my newly fitted road engine after the crank in my race engine broke at the International meeting.
Old 28 Jul 2008, 10:22 (Ref:2258884)   #4
Pretty Vacant
Rookie

England
Deepest Darkest Dorset
Pretty Vacant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'll be there with the Fulvia in both handicap races, one of us has to be slow!
It is a highlight of our year to, as its so relaxed.
I have a bit of pressure though as racing against my other half!
Bring it on Zola!
Old 28 Jul 2008, 11:46 (Ref:2258953)   #5
Zola
Racer

United Kingdom
Zola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just got back from Silverstone Classic with a 1st in class under my belt.. Excellent meeting - lets see what the National circuit brings....
Old 30 Jul 2008, 10:48 (Ref:2260204)   #6
Pretty Vacant
Rookie

England
Deepest Darkest Dorset
Zorba! Sticky tyres, new engine, a circuit you know well, TV appearances in UK and europe under your belt and Radio interviews! Nothing to worry about for you my girl!
And don't forget it's a non contact sport!
Old 31 Jul 2008, 11:24 (Ref:2260883)   #7
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Practice starts 9:00am and should finish by 11:30am, there will then be a parade of Bentleys of all ages and at 12:00pm Derek Bell will be doing some fast runs in the Le Mans EXP Speed 8, with racing starting at 12:45pm. There are ten races as follows. 1) All Comers Handicap, 2) MG T-Type/AC/Morgan Scratch Race, 3)Pre-War, Bentley, Aston Martin, Lagonda Team Challenge, 4) Morgan Scratch Race +4's, 5) Vintage & PVT Handicapp, 6) Thoroughbred Sports Car Race, 7) Bentley Scratch Race, 8) Allcomers Handicap Race, 9) Bentley Handicap Race & 10) All Comers Scratch Race

Silverstone are charging just £10 to come in, so please do so.

Martin Greenslade Sec of Meeting
Old 1 Aug 2008, 06:55 (Ref:2261444)   #8
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Can't see a race for a Talbot
Old 1 Aug 2008, 09:33 (Ref:2261533)   #9
Zola
Racer

United Kingdom
The weather looks a bit suspect - heavy showers......
Old 1 Aug 2008, 09:39 (Ref:2261537)   #10
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zola
The weather looks a bit suspect - heavy showers......
That should make for some interesting racing with all the oil that's bound to be put on the track.
Old 1 Aug 2008, 10:10 (Ref:2261560)   #11
Pretty Vacant
Rookie

England
Deepest Darkest Dorset
It'll suit the small front front wheel drive cars like ours! No complaints here!
Old 1 Aug 2008, 13:24 (Ref:2261667)   #12
Zola
Racer

United Kingdom
I've had a word with the lap timers - ANY front wheel drive car will automatically acquire a time penalty!! - cause its not fair!!!
Old 1 Aug 2008, 15:55 (Ref:2261726)   #13
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try harder?
Old 1 Aug 2008, 20:57 (Ref:2261848)   #14
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
Redneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRedneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's front wheel drive?
Old 2 Aug 2008, 19:35 (Ref:2262230)   #15
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Well that was a good day, peeing down with rain this morning and brilliant sunshine this afternoon. My engine went well apart from the temp going so far off the gauge in the race it hit the zero degree stop mark although it didn't boil. That and more oil leaks than the Torre Canyon made for an interesting time. I started 16th and finished 10th so I am quite pleased with the result considering it was a a £50 engine.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 06:27 (Ref:2262428)   #16
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Well that was a good day, peeing down with rain this morning and brilliant sunshine this afternoon. My engine went well apart from the temp going so far off the gauge in the race it hit the zero degree stop mark although it didn't boil. That and more oil leaks than the Torre Canyon made for an interesting time. I started 16th and finished 10th so I am quite pleased with the result considering it was a a £50 engine.
Well,you do have to spend large sums if you want to finish Falcie.
Glad it all hung together and gave you decent race.