Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Dec 2010, 10:31 (Ref:2803731)   #1
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
DAMC Eiffelrennen

heard just now that ADAC are stopping organising historic motor racing which means no more EifelRennen
The invited clubs that we go there with will no doubt be trying their hardest to arrange an alternative, let's hope they succeed - how else will we get our fix?
Old 13 Dec 2010, 14:08 (Ref:2803842)   #2
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Gosh that's hard to believe when there are more people in the UK jumping on the Historic band wagon organising races than ever.I guess they were always going to have to compete with Old Timers.Great shame
Old 13 Dec 2010, 15:06 (Ref:2803869)   #3
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
agreed, I certainly think the demand is there; maybe OldTimer organisation will run a second meeting?
Old 13 Dec 2010, 15:11 (Ref:2803874)   #4
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So is this part of the Vettel effect?

(Also, does anyone think it a little unusual that both the F1 and World Rally champions are named Sebastian? )
Old 13 Dec 2010, 16:12 (Ref:2803897)   #5
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Noooooooooooo

So is that from now or will the 2011 event take place?

Have they given a reason?
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 13 Dec 2010, 16:48 (Ref:2803911)   #6
R D P
Racer

Germany
Schwabach - Germany
R D P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If that is really true it is another strange decision from a Club which became the German FIVA representative only a few years ago.
They should also have left the Eifelrennen at the September date of the first two years, always glorious autumn weather.....
Local guys said that June date was doomed from the beginning, it is always raining at that weekend.
Too bad, another chance and another great event ruined after only three years...that´s Germany for you...
Old 13 Dec 2010, 16:49 (Ref:2803913)   #7
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
2011 event is canx. CSCC have just issued a notice. Working on replacement.
Old 14 Dec 2010, 05:38 (Ref:2804193)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've marked it cancelled on the calendar but left the event there until an alternative is put up.
Old 14 Dec 2010, 09:55 (Ref:2804269)   #9
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
PenelopePitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
how else will we get our fix?
The ADAC are still running the 24 hour race, so we develop the 6 hour race car into a 24 hour race car?
Old 14 Dec 2010, 14:56 (Ref:2804359)   #10
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Who organises the Oldtimer?
We stopped going when they cancelled Pre War race.

That's been a bit of a mess past two years with fog and stuff.

Its held on same weekend as the German GP used to use on old track.

Ramble!
Old 14 Dec 2010, 16:56 (Ref:2804397)   #11
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Who organises the Oldtimer?
We stopped going when they cancelled Pre War race.
AvD John
Old 15 Dec 2010, 13:13 (Ref:2804724)   #12
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that the ADAC Classic Trophy too? Bad news if it is.
Old 15 Dec 2010, 20:12 (Ref:2804898)   #13
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't know Rick, you could try Pieter Bakker, he's my original source for this info.
Old 29 Dec 2010, 07:02 (Ref:2809118)   #14
R D P
Racer

Germany
Schwabach - Germany
I have just got information that yes, ADAC wants to bury the event but a dedicated small group is not giving up and working on an alternative - they do not wantto let Eifelrennen die that easy.
Among them is the man who founded Schloss Dyck Classic Days, a very experienced and good organiser who was the one who made the old paddock into an almost Goodwood Revival like place.
Date will be Sept. 10.-12. - no races or series fixed at the moment. Pre war cars will definitely get their share of old circuit free track time, as always.
I will keep you informed if I get more informations.
Old 29 Dec 2010, 10:09 (Ref:2809142)   #15
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by R D P View Post
I have just got information that yes, ADAC wants to bury the event but a dedicated small group is not giving up and working on an alternative - they do not wantto let Eifelrennen die that easy.
Among them is the man who founded Schloss Dyck Classic Days, a very experienced and good organiser who was the one who made the old paddock into an almost Goodwood Revival like place.
Date will be Sept. 10.-12. - no races or series fixed at the moment. Pre war cars will definitely get their share of old circuit free track time, as always.
that's good news, I wish them well.
Old 29 Dec 2010, 14:10 (Ref:2809204)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Thanks RDP. Happy new Year. Thats good news to hear for the start of 2011.
Old 10 Jan 2011, 16:07 (Ref:2813783)   #17
R D P
Racer

Germany
Schwabach - Germany
Today came the "official" email confirming the Eifelrennen will be at the aforementioned date in September.
It will be organised by DAMC and they are planning to keep it as a fixture.
No race series mentioned yet, but I do guess this will be revealed shortly.

Ralf
Old 10 Jan 2011, 16:21 (Ref:2813788)   #18
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
Quote:
Today came the "official" email confirming the Eifelrennen will be at the aforementioned date in September.
It will be organised by DAMC and they are planning to keep it as a fixture.
No race series mentioned yet, but I do guess this will be revealed shortly.
Ralf
heard this unofficially last Friday, thanks for confirmation. Isn't there already VLN and British F3 races scheduled for the same weekend?
Old 10 Jan 2011, 16:43 (Ref:2813795)   #19
R D P
Racer

Germany
Schwabach - Germany
According to http://www.vln.de/ there is nothing on at that weekend.

Ralf
Old 10 Jan 2011, 16:58 (Ref:2813799)   #20
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
According to http://www.vln.de/ there is nothing on at that weekend.

Ralf
Yep Thanks Ralf. Please let us know what races they intend to run. Good news
Old 11 Jan 2011, 06:53 (Ref:2814051)   #21
R D P
Racer

Germany
Schwabach - Germany
No problem - if I get more informations I will pass them on.

Ralf
Old 11 Jan 2011, 08:24 (Ref:2814072)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
DAMC Eiffelrennen

New organiser for this event which replaces the ADAC event.
Old 11 Jan 2011, 10:44 (Ref:2814122)   #23
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where on earth do these story's come from? Close the Nurburgring? and close down the entire area? Yeah,right!
Old 19 Jan 2011, 13:59 (Ref:2817793)   #24
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CSCC are stating that their invite (for pre '81 cars) to race at this event on 10/11/12 Sept stands (albeit now from a new organiser)
Old 3 Feb 2011, 12:28 (Ref:2825036)   #25
R D P
Racer

Germany
Schwabach - Germany
Got the following info two days ago.
Sorry for the language...but should be easy to understand what is planned.

Sonderläufe und Sonderpräsentation Mercedes Benz
zum 125 . Jubiläum des Automobils mit Mercedes-Paddock und Clubtreffen

Historische Formel 1 der FIA ( TGPF1)
mit Fahrzeugen wie Tyrell , Williams, und Ferrari aus den Rennsport-Jahren 1966 – 1985

DRM / DTM – Revival
mit Fahrzeugen aus der „Deutschen Tourenwagen Meisterschaft“ wie MB 190 EVO, BMW M3 etc.

Kampf der Zwerge - Tourenwagen bis 1.300 ccm
mit Fiat Abarth, Steyr Puch und sympathischen und schnellen Vertretern dieser kleinsten Rennklasse

CAN-AM & Interserie ( Canadian-American Challenge Cup)
Fahrzeuge bis Baujahr 1974 mit Lola T70 / Chevrolet und March 832-BMW sowie McLaren M8F

HTGT – Historische Tourenwagen und GT-Trophy
mit Jaguar E-Type Lowdrag, Porsche, Corvette, Marcos, Ford GT 40, Lotus Elan, Cobra u.v.m.

300 KM Rennen der FRH und Youngtimer-Serie
Langstrecken-Rennen auf dem Gesamtkurs (3 Stunden)

Vorkriegstreffen des Classic Drivers Club / Vintage Fahrzeuge
im Historischen Fahrerlager mit Bentley, SSK, Alvis, Lagonda, Aston Martin, Bugatti, Riley etc.

Elefantenrennen Revival
Im 80sten Jahr des Sieges von Caracciola bei der Mille Miglia und beim Großen Preis von Deutschland und dem Eifelrennen 1931 findet der alte Kampf aus der LeMans-Schlacht von 1930 wieder statt

Deutsche Meisterschaft des Veteranen Fahrzeug Verbandes VFV für Motorräder
Meisterschaftsläufe aller 4 Klassen mit ca. 200 – 240 Motorrädern und Gespann-Klasse

Veranstaltungsteile:
  • Clubtreffen auf dem Hubschrauber-Landeplatz und nahe der Boxen 26-33
  • ADAC Ortsclubzelt und Korporativclub-Treffen beim Rennen 2011
  • Sonderpräsentationen im Fahrerlager mit Zelten der DTM/DRM und großer Clubs
  • Zeitreise im Historischen Fahrerlager mit Vorkriegswagen der Baujahre 1900-1940
  • Clubläufe und Revivalfahrten auf der Nordschleife
  • Sonderläufe auf der Südschleife und „Eifel-Ausfahrt“
  • Erlebnis Nordschleife – Fahrerlehrgang für Klassikerbesitzer
  • Gedenken an Wolfgang Graf Berghe von Trips: 50. Todestag am 10.9.2011 am Veranstaltungs-Samstag im Jahr 2011.

Ralf