Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Sep 2011, 15:37 (Ref:2951718)   #26
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Well I have done a set for James and Ben for the Cunningham and they wer both totally different, if you can send me a picture of what you have in mind I will try to identify the font. Sometimes it simply will not be available as a computer font if hand drawn especially if originally hand done and the sign painter used a bit of artistic bent in which case I may have to alter manually but I will do my best for you.
Old 6 Sep 2011, 20:54 (Ref:2951855)   #27
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
BTW I have a very good traditional hand sign writer who works with me on occassions for the final word in originality so if anyone wants hand painted stuff he is your man but it dont come that cheap as time is money.
Old 6 Sep 2011, 21:30 (Ref:2951875)   #28
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
have hand cut numbers from vinyl, can look very period, ever done it?

its all gone a bit arty farty

I might add, The enamel hand painted number plates on one of my scooters are to my mind the icing on the cake
Old 7 Sep 2011, 08:12 (Ref:2952027)   #29
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I always have a chuckle at the Brockbank cartoon where the number painter did his stuff, and put the Ferrari ones in Roman Numerals.

OK, maybe you had to see it.
Old 7 Sep 2011, 08:33 (Ref:2952033)   #30
jamesholland
Racer

jamesholland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a Brockbank calendar in my garage - always raises a smile. He was always spot on.

I think the nearest we have to him today in terms of humour is Matt in The Daily Telegraph.
Old 7 Sep 2011, 09:05 (Ref:2952044)   #31
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Painted in Worthing 51 years ago. She's a bit tatty round the edges, but irreplaceable.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG00952-20110907-1002.jpg  
Old 11 Sep 2011, 09:29 (Ref:2953759)   #32
Ben Shuckburgh
Racer

Ben Shuckburgh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Well I have done a set for James and Ben for the Cunningham and they wer both totally different, if you can send me a picture of what you have in mind I will try to identify the font. Sometimes it simply will not be available as a computer font if hand drawn especially if originally hand done and the sign painter used a bit of artistic bent in which case I may have to alter manually but I will do my best for you.
Arrived safe and sound, thanks Al
Old 11 Sep 2011, 09:34 (Ref:2953762)   #33
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Nice one Ben, I sent yours out with James's but unfortunately his never arrived in time, try to give me a bit more lead in guys we are only a small outfit. Is the car at Goodwood Ben as it looks a hell of a beast and I would like a look?
Old 11 Sep 2011, 09:36 (Ref:2953765)   #34
Ben Shuckburgh
Racer

Ben Shuckburgh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes it is. We're in the Freddie March Trophy - last race on saturday (assuming it's finished - still flat out on it). Please come and say hi.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 13:14 (Ref:2953890)   #35
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Will do Ben.