Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Jul 2015, 05:59 (Ref:3562705)   #1
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bentley Drivers Club, 1st August

I should have out this up ages ago! Tomorrow BDC run their popular meeting on the Silverstone National circuit. FISCAR has two races there - The Bic Healey Trophy, in memory of the late Brian 'Bic' Healey, who died last year and our usual 1950s Marque race. There will also be various Bentley, AC, Morgan and All comers races, so will be a fun day and an interesting mix of cars.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 31 Jul 2015, 07:49 (Ref:3562723)   #2
Burfs
Rookie

Burfs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
..and I'll be racing Tubby in the "Bic" Healey race. weather looks good too!
Old 31 Jul 2015, 11:07 (Ref:3562771)   #3
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Finals which include timetable and entry list.
https://media.bdcl.org/BDCassets/BDC...August2015.pdf

Sorry to be missing this meeting, heading to Mallory for CSCC.
Old 31 Jul 2015, 11:50 (Ref:3562790)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Morgan Challenge racer Andy Green should also have his newly restored and prepared Gilbern GT at the meeting. It's red and very pretty!

With the first appearance of Bob Binfield's GT at Silverstone Classic last weekend, this will make 3 of the model now racing with HTP papers. Only taken 8 years since I first raced Gilbert.......
Old 31 Jul 2015, 13:34 (Ref:3562811)   #5
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Definitely my favourite meeting of the year, proper club racing great atmosphere, friendly officialdom, very '50's.
Love it.

I see that JT is already making out he will be far too busy to take tea with bauble.

Seriously John, you know why I am coming.

Bob.
Old 31 Jul 2015, 14:47 (Ref:3562827)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bob, our races are 1 & 3 and presentation of awards will take place, subject to no hold up on results being issued, about 30 minutes after the end of race 3 at Woolmer Classic Restoration hospitality unit, so a cuppa after that is very much on the cards. Prior to that, it'll probably be manic. Incidentally Peter Healey, Bic's son, is coming and I'm hoping that he will present the Trophy in the pit lane at the end of the race.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 31 Jul 2015, 15:26 (Ref:3562837)   #7
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Morgan Challenge racer Andy Green should also have his newly restored and prepared Gilbern GT at the meeting. It's red and very pretty!

With the first appearance of Bob Binfield's GT at Silverstone Classic last weekend, this will make 3 of the model now racing with HTP papers. Only taken 8 years since I first raced Gilbert.......
Hmm, I'm getting some more race ideas ....... dangerous!!
Old 1 Aug 2015, 19:29 (Ref:3563097)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
What a proper old style clubbie meeting this is. Only got to see our races though as the usual manic rushing around. Martyn Corfield was winning the Bic Healey race in his 100/4, chased hard by Richard Woolmer in the pretty little Sebring Sprite until Martyn pitted pitted with a puncture, so Richard went on to win the first Bic Healey Trophy race. Unfortunately, Peter Healey was unable to present the trophy as he had a puncture on the way to the meeting and had to turn back as the spare was one of these space savers; a wise move given the distances involved. The win certainly made young Richard's day and probably his year. Martyn made up for it by winning the FISCAR race after fending off a strong challenge from Robin Ellis's Lotus Elite.

Mike, I did manage to come across Andy Green and the lovely Gilbern. He had gearbox problems but was pleased that he had got the car out after all that painstaking work.

Last edited by John Turner; 30 Aug 2015 at 09:44.
Old 1 Aug 2015, 22:50 (Ref:3563122)   #9
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks John, a great pleasure to see you all at Silverstone today, great day - thank you, hope you will come and do it again next year

Martin Greenslade
Competitions Secretary - Bentley Drivers Club
Old 1 Aug 2015, 23:04 (Ref:3563124)   #10
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
FastDB2s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How is Clive Morley after his dreadful accident.
Old 2 Aug 2015, 08:32 (Ref:3563209)   #11
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Chris, the information I had just before I left the circuit was a number of broken bones but if anyone has further news, please let us know. I'm sure we all wish Clive a full and speedy recovery.
Old 2 Aug 2015, 11:33 (Ref:3563249)   #12
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Chris, the information I had just before I left the circuit was a number of broken bones but if anyone has further news, please let us know. I'm sure we all wish Clive a full and speedy recovery.
It was announced that two drivers had been injured neither with life threatening injuries.
Old 2 Aug 2015, 12:11 (Ref:3563256)   #13
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are there any results on line?
Old 2 Aug 2015, 12:17 (Ref:3563258)   #14
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Results are here
http://www.tsl-timing.com/event/153191
Old 3 Aug 2015, 10:57 (Ref:3563469)   #15
Burfs
Rookie

Burfs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDB2s View Post
How is Clive Morley after his dreadful accident.
Hi,
I know Clive's sister, she says "He was airlifted to hospital in Oxford with broken femur, collar bone and two small bones in his back.

He is going to be ok and lucky to survive.

The problem is that with a broken collar bone and the back injuries to then manage with crutches is not an option in the short term."

I have seen a few pictures of the accident - truly massive and being thrown clear probably help immensely....

I have sent him my (and Ten-Tenths) wishes for a speedy recovery.

Burfs.
Old 30 Aug 2015, 09:47 (Ref:3569798)   #16
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Somewhat belatedly, my race reports here:-

Bic Healey - http://fiscar.org/the-bic-healey-trophy-2015/

FISCAR - http://fiscar.org/bentley-drivers-club-silverstone/