Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Apr 2024, 15:55 (Ref:4204234)   #1
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodwood 81st Members' Meeting - 13th/14th April 2024

81MM is this weekend.

Entry List

Timetable

PDF Timetable on Page 13

YouTube Live Stream

Other Watching/Viewing Information - looks like a No-Comms stream will be available via the GRRC website

Looking forward to watching from home, and wishing the best of luck to any TenTenthers marshalling, stewarding, racing or preparing.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 17:22 (Ref:4204240)   #2
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
81MM is this weekend.

Entry List

Timetable

PDF Timetable on Page 13

YouTube Live Stream

Other Watching/Viewing Information - looks like a No-Comms stream will be available via the GRRC website

Looking forward to watching from home, and wishing the best of luck to any TenTenthers marshalling, stewarding, racing or preparing.
Many thanks
Old 10 Apr 2024, 19:19 (Ref:4204519)   #3
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for the useful links. Looking forward to watch the year after year improved live streaming, always enjoyed it.
Old 11 Apr 2024, 14:21 (Ref:4204627)   #4
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.goodwood.com/globalasset...y-list-v10.pdf

Updated Entry List
Old 12 Apr 2024, 07:12 (Ref:4204712)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks, I'll be there on Saturday. Any ideas on the car park state i.e. muddy, soggy or ok?
Old 13 Apr 2024, 04:51 (Ref:4204826)   #6
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Spike to one of our drivers yesterday . He said the ground was good Pete .
Old 13 Apr 2024, 05:52 (Ref:4204829)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks Iain, just heading off now. Enjoy Silverstone.
Old 13 Apr 2024, 08:52 (Ref:4204837)   #8
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Got the live stream running live atm. Its Saturday evening here, the sun is well over the yard arm and a cork has been pulled on a bottle of red.
Old 13 Apr 2024, 09:36 (Ref:4204838)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Thanks Iain, just heading off now. Enjoy Silverstone.
Yesterday Pete . Just testing my Atlantic. Test was held up for an hour . Nasty shunt with one of the Sports 2000 cars . Air Ambulance needed to land .
Old 13 Apr 2024, 10:58 (Ref:4204842)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Blimey.
Old 13 Apr 2024, 13:25 (Ref:4204845)   #11
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Was the Daily Express Rover your old car, Peter?

Watching some of the coverage today, I'm amazed at the speed that the little camera drone that they are using; it's almost keeping up with some of the cars.
Old 13 Apr 2024, 15:00 (Ref:4204853)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yup and it still has the carburetor rather than fuel injection.
Old 13 Apr 2024, 15:18 (Ref:4204854)   #13
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yup and it still has the carburetor rather than fuel injection.

Good stuff.

I've never seen Gary Pearson before, but have observed his racing various machinery over the years. I have always assume he was a young charger, so was surprised to see him being interviewed in the marshalling area and find out that he certainly isn't a young person; well compared to me, he's young but...
Old 13 Apr 2024, 16:53 (Ref:4204861)   #14
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Is it the first time for a side-cars grid, cant remember? Great Mustang day it seems.
Old 13 Apr 2024, 16:57 (Ref:4204862)   #15
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
I could also see, while watching the sidecars, how bumpy the track is although it was also apparent when the Can-Am cars running. It's not something that I had noticed prior to today.
Old 13 Apr 2024, 17:16 (Ref:4204863)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I think it is a first for sidecars.
Old 13 Apr 2024, 18:58 (Ref:4204875)   #17
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Been watching on and off most of the day - the S F Edge race was fascinating, and the Gordon Spice race was very entertaining too - Safety Car messed it up a bit, but some great driving throughout the field.
Old 13 Apr 2024, 20:03 (Ref:4204881)   #18
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
I don't know if it's my Virgin Media cable broadband and TV feed, but I have noticed that from time to time, the picture on YouTube goes slightly blurry, both on the computer monitor and when viewing on the TV.

Does anyone else find that happening as it did for me today watching Goodwood?
Old 14 Apr 2024, 11:22 (Ref:4204923)   #19
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Nothing like this here, Mike, either on computer or TV. Only the drone views seem very poor.
Old 14 Apr 2024, 11:51 (Ref:4204929)   #20
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I don't know if it's my Virgin Media cable broadband and TV feed, but I have noticed that from time to time, the picture on YouTube goes slightly blurry, both on the computer monitor and when viewing on the TV.

Does anyone else find that happening as it did for me today watching Goodwood?
On the Goodwood website you can (with some difficulty) sign up (free) to watch the GRRC stream, providing excellent coverage and quality.

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/revival/welcome.aspx
Old 14 Apr 2024, 13:07 (Ref:4204933)   #21
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Thanks for that Bob, but can't get that on my steam driven TV.

I see that Sheddon has maintained his driving style from the BTCC and is using it in the Mustang; trying to get past fellow competitors by whacking them in the back if they are in his way. He was probably one of the worst in the BTCC with his tap to pass when going in to a corner, destabilising the car in front.
Old 14 Apr 2024, 15:56 (Ref:4204945)   #22
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I only watched the F3 as we were involved with couple of cars . Both did well . Just went on You Tube and watched on my phone. Brilliant coverage . I do like Ed Foster . Well done .
Old 14 Apr 2024, 16:21 (Ref:4204948)   #23
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post

I see that Sheddon has maintained his driving style from the BTCC and is using it in the Mustang; trying to get past fellow competitors by whacking them in the back if they are in his way. He was probably one of the worst in the BTCC with his tap to pass when going in to a corner, destabilising the car in front.
I'm afraid you're exactly right, quite frankly he should have been black flagged fo some of those moves in the the Ken miles race.
Old 14 Apr 2024, 16:33 (Ref:4204949)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
He's been made a House Captain. I recall a few years ago he was one of the drivers on a "restricted" list.

The event has changed, I felt quite lonely wandering the paddock couldn't find a familiar face outside Tiff and Jamie Chadwick. When it first started we had people I raced with like Skid Scarborough, Mark Fowler, Jim Morris etc. Now the event is filled with professional teams. Still a great spectacle but not what it was.
Old 14 Apr 2024, 17:20 (Ref:4204959)   #25
Speedy norm
Racer

Speedy norm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am afraid they pander to a new audience. Commentators appear to think it is acceptable behaviour and the terminology, push to pass. Box. p1, turn 1 all makes me switch off. Last revival meeting, the commentators were obsessed with Jenson Button and it appears long term supporters of historics are being pushed out.