Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 Jul 2021, 06:59 (Ref:4063345)   #51
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
As one of the curses of modern racing is spec formulae I really do wish we didn't have single make races for E-Types and Minis . It is gimmickry and pointless - far better to see an E dicing with a Cobra or 26 R and a Mini hustling a Mustang or Cortina.

Looking forward to the prospect of a bevy of T70s in GT race though. If ever I wanted to show somebody who'd only seen BTCC what a proper racer looks and sounds like ....
Agreed but the car owners and the clubs like them. 50 E types at £1300 entry fee each is a big chunk of income. Minis seem less popular though - perhaps the novelty is wearing thin.

Given all the travel restrictions it is a splendid entry list overall. Best race has to be F2. Again.
Old 27 Jul 2021, 08:45 (Ref:4063366)   #52
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
Agreed but the car owners and the clubs like them. 50 E types at £1300 entry fee each is a big chunk of income. Minis seem less popular though - perhaps the novelty is wearing thin.

Given all the travel restrictions it is a splendid entry list overall. Best race has to be F2. Again.
does anyone have access to the HSCC entry lists? its the only ones i cant find
Old 27 Jul 2021, 11:07 (Ref:4063388)   #53
Mike Crow
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
does anyone have access to the HSCC entry lists? its the only ones i cant find
If you buy a programme voucher from Silverstone website you have access to all entries and previews on line. If you are going to buy a programme at the circuit anyway it is worth doing it in advance. Over 40 F2, 60 plus FJ and 35 for Thundersports. All looking good. I am far to old to get excited but I am like a 10 year old before Christmas.
Old 27 Jul 2021, 14:23 (Ref:4063423)   #54
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
If you buy a programme voucher from Silverstone website you have access to all entries and previews on line. If you are going to buy a programme at the circuit anyway it is worth doing it in advance. Over 40 F2, 60 plus FJ and 35 for Thundersports. All looking good. I am far to old to get excited but I am like a 10 year old before Christmas.
never too old!!!! i cant wait!
Old 27 Jul 2021, 14:37 (Ref:4063426)   #55
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Strange, this is the first event, other than Le Mans, for many years where I'm attending as a spectator. Will hopefully get to talk to a few racing mates though.

MGB will be parked in the centre for the weekend. Arriving Saturday morning.
Old 27 Jul 2021, 17:23 (Ref:4063443)   #56
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Part timer ! There at 7-30 Friday . Park MX5 on infield , then cars to see and people to talk to for 3 days of pure self indulgence .
Old 27 Jul 2021, 17:54 (Ref:4063450)   #57
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have to work on Friday.
Old 27 Jul 2021, 18:12 (Ref:4063452)   #58
Markwest
Rookie

Markwest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Mike I have purchased a programme voucher do you know how to access this online?
Old 27 Jul 2021, 18:54 (Ref:4063456)   #59
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I have to work on Friday.
Thought you had retired Peter.We are only running two cars so will head up early Thursday morning. Sure will seem strange not to see Mikes truck parked up in the paddock.I have my new parking spot now opposite the scrutineering bay in old paddock.Come and say hello ," you might even get a cup of tea". BTW just been told Oldtimer postponed to 2022.
Old 27 Jul 2021, 21:39 (Ref:4063480)   #60
Mike Crow
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markwest View Post
Hi Mike I have purchased a programme voucher do you know how to access this online?
You should get an email from silverstone with a link and the password
Old 28 Jul 2021, 09:01 (Ref:4063545)   #61
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
As one of the curses of modern racing is spec formulae I really do wish we didn't have single make races for E-Types and Minis . It is gimmickry and pointless - far better to see an E dicing with a Cobra or 26 R and a Mini hustling a Mustang or Cortina.

Looking forward to the prospect of a bevy of T70s in GT race though. If ever I wanted to show somebody who'd only seen BTCC what a proper racer looks and sounds like ....
I agree
Old 28 Jul 2021, 15:59 (Ref:4063621)   #62
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As you would expect nowadays, the Classic is being live streamed Fri/Sat/Sun.

https://www.youtube.com/c/silverstoneclassic
Old 28 Jul 2021, 17:10 (Ref:4063634)   #63
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Merci beaucoup, John, will have a go to.
"Nowadays" may be, but only from the cradle of motosport!
Old 30 Jul 2021, 06:26 (Ref:4063906)   #64
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
As you would expect nowadays, the Classic is being live streamed Fri/Sat/Sun.

https://www.youtube.com/c/silverstoneclassic
Direct link to the stream now available. (Link below)
Live from approx. 9:00am Friday UK Time

https://youtu.be/jolrz_K3Et8
Old 30 Jul 2021, 08:00 (Ref:4063924)   #65
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just turned the stream on and its looking mildly moist at Silverstone with the FJ's about to go out.
Old 30 Jul 2021, 08:11 (Ref:4063926)   #66
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Direct link to the stream now available. (Link below)
Live from approx. 9:00am Friday UK Time

https://youtu.be/jolrz_K3Et8
Thanks for the reminder, that's today sorted then
Old 30 Jul 2021, 08:16 (Ref:4063928)   #67
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Thanks for the reminder, that's today sorted then
I actually envy you. I’m sitting in Village B wrapped up like an alpine skiier, already wet from the 32 mile* hike from the car park and £10 down from a bitter coffee and limp toasted sandwich

* I may have exaggerated that bit.
Old 30 Jul 2021, 08:51 (Ref:4063932)   #68
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Awesome, we’re 20 mins behind after one session, thanks to some of the horde of Formula Jr cars spilling oil everywhere like over-excited puppies. Tomorrow 11 if them will crash at turn 1 and cause a massive delay as car parts are gathered and returned to their owners in numbered paper bags.
Old 30 Jul 2021, 08:56 (Ref:4063933)   #69
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just waiting another few minutes before putting Sky F1 on for FP1, whilst watching the Classic on my Laptop @ the same time.
At Santa Pod tomorrow & Sunday when I'll also watch Sillystone on my Laptop, the joys of science.
Oh and the Coffee's good.
Old 30 Jul 2021, 08:57 (Ref:4063934)   #70
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Old 30 Jul 2021, 10:44 (Ref:4063953)   #71
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
OOPS: Just started watching and thinking how slippery it looks when Roger Wills drops the Lotus XV into the gravel - but escapes!
Old 30 Jul 2021, 12:07 (Ref:4063965)   #72
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Good to see Lairy Canary out on track, looking as good as ever. Touring cars on now with the weather not helping. 10 minutes left in their session.
Old 30 Jul 2021, 12:15 (Ref:4063967)   #73
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
In fact the weather has got so bad the HTC qualy was red flagged with 5 minutes to go. A few aquaplaning cars fortunately no damage.
Old 30 Jul 2021, 17:05 (Ref:4064010)   #74
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Mega well done to everyone involved, especially the Marshals, Drivers & Mechanics not a nice day to be outside. The You Tube coverage has been superb, so a big well done to them as well, let's hope the weather is kinder tomorrow.
Old 30 Jul 2021, 18:57 (Ref:4064030)   #75
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Nice coverage. Thanks for the link EB.