Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jan 2010, 10:57 (Ref:2619020)   #601
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Last year Gio and Turkington were sewn up with works and pseudo works teams with very big budgets before the season began... I would be very surprised if they can create similar berths for themselves this year.
It still looked to be a very bleak 2009 season, even as far as till the first event. Then people like Plato, Jackson, and Thompson, even new talant like Nash, showed up and made the season pure fireworks.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 16:57 (Ref:2620426)   #602
emicen
Rookie

Scotland
Glasgow
emicen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
There's an audio interview with Philip Glew from the Autosport Show where he quotes a ballpark figure of 600K to run one car for a season. Obviously there are a lot of variables involved - what make of car you are running, how often you rebuild the engine, how many mechanics you have, what hospitality you want, etc.
Don't forget how often Matt Neal's in your general vacinity...
Old 27 Jan 2010, 19:19 (Ref:2620510)   #603
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but matt wont have the vectra this year that has bumpers that are more in common with an ORCI car than a S2000 one
Old 27 Jan 2010, 23:52 (Ref:2620683)   #604
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
true, but his bump and grind technique was honed in the Integra.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 16:10 (Ref:2621091)   #605
mickeyc
Rookie

mickeyc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very much rumour as not sure of the source but Dynamics selling Civics? Building new make/spec cars?

http://www.btcccrazy.co.uk/2010/01/2...o-sell-civics/
Old 28 Jan 2010, 16:16 (Ref:2621094)   #606
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone on the official forum said that they are being advertised in this weeks Autosport.

I seem to remember them being up for sale this time last year too, although I could very well be imagining that - did they only ever build 3 cars? I had the impression there might be 5 or so
Old 28 Jan 2010, 17:08 (Ref:2621126)   #607
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
Someone on the official forum said that they are being advertised in this weeks Autosport.

I seem to remember them being up for sale this time last year too, although I could very well be imagining that - did they only ever build 3 cars? I had the impression there might be 5 or so
If they're the original shells, they'll be pretty tired after three years on the trot... one of which was as the berth of Captain Crash himself.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 18:11 (Ref:2621162)   #608
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyc View Post
Very much rumour as not sure of the source but Dynamics selling Civics?
3 cars advertised in this week's Autosport as for sale or lease. Same as Dynamics do every year.

Usual case of someone making 2 + 2 = 5
Old 28 Jan 2010, 18:17 (Ref:2621166)   #609
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
If they're the original shells, they'll be pretty tired after three years on the trot... one of which was as the berth of Captain Crash himself.
Pardon me Davyboy, Captain Crash?

:Shrugola:
Old 28 Jan 2010, 18:50 (Ref:2621187)   #610
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually thinking about it, one was pretty much destroyed in the huge crash at Brands a couple of years ago - to the point where the rollcage had cracked. Dunno if they ever bothered to repair it or just wrote it off...
Old 28 Jan 2010, 19:22 (Ref:2621211)   #611
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dynamics have built one new Civic over the winter period.

So I can't see them dropping the car yet..
Old 28 Jan 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2621214)   #612
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From the outside, it looks a horrible car to drive. Very twitchy looking. James Thompson worked wonders to drag that car into positions it didn't belong in.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 19:31 (Ref:2621222)   #613
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was! Apparently a complete redesign of the rear end was needed..
Old 28 Jan 2010, 20:50 (Ref:2621280)   #614
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
3 cars advertised in this week's Autosport as for sale or lease. Same as Dynamics do every year.

Usual case of someone making 2 + 2 = 5
I find some of the news stories and the links that are made quite tedious on some sites..
Old 28 Jan 2010, 21:00 (Ref:2621289)   #615
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
I find some of the news stories and the links that are made quite tedious on some sites..
What would we do if we didn't have something to gossip about...
Old 28 Jan 2010, 22:53 (Ref:2621334)   #616
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's gossip then there is "I seen Matt Neal in Halfords. This must mean they are sponsoring Dynamics again surely"

Old 29 Jan 2010, 09:23 (Ref:2621524)   #617
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
I find some of the spellings of peoples names quite tedious. Calling Mr Palmer, Jonathan and Jonathon in the same article annoys me, incidently something that has happened with Mr Adam in the past too, but then again I am a bit of a pedant
Old 29 Jan 2010, 21:15 (Ref:2621968)   #618
kezza7
Racer

England
Retford
kezza7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4357

i have no recollection of Alan Blencowe, but best of luck to him!
Old 29 Jan 2010, 21:28 (Ref:2621974)   #619
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza7 View Post

Ya he used to drive a production Alfa 156 when the classes were split and did some one make stuff as well. He's a decent enough peddler... I spent some time with him at Thruxton about 8-10 years ago and he was fairly handy behind the wheel. It'd be nice to see him back again.
Old 30 Jan 2010, 11:12 (Ref:2622190)   #620
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TD cars

TD built a new car last year which sheddon/tommo/herbert used. i think that must be 5 cars including the 1 that was destroyed at brands
Old 30 Jan 2010, 15:17 (Ref:2622291)   #621
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza7 View Post

Shame about no Martyn at Techspeed, but I think Blencowe should step up to the job alright. Be better than Alan Morrison no doubt! :P
Old 31 Jan 2010, 19:53 (Ref:2623114)   #622
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just read about Bamboo possibly moving up to WTCC and Harry Vaulkhard looking at other BTCC teams.

http://frontofthegrid.weebly.com/2/p...adventure.html

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4362
Old 31 Jan 2010, 21:39 (Ref:2623237)   #623
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Just read about Bamboo possibly moving up to WTCC and Harry Vaulkhard looking at other BTCC teams.

http://frontofthegrid.weebly.com/2/p...adventure.html

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4362
How wierd... I had thought that Bamboo was an AKA for Harry Vaulkhard's father's wallet. You live and learn as they say.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 21:59 (Ref:2623256)   #624
Oulton1983
Rookie

England
Liverpool
Oulton1983 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

haha So did I
Old 31 Jan 2010, 22:19 (Ref:2623268)   #625
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
How wierd... I had thought that Bamboo was an AKA for Harry Vaulkhard's father's wallet. You live and learn as they say.
You were correct the first time; Vaulkhards dad is a financial partner in Bamboo.

Vaulkhard is just trying to pretend he's actually 'wanted' by other teams or that he has options (that don't include daddy's cheque book).

The other 3 Lacetti drivers in the BTCC last year showed that Vaulkhard just hasn't got it. Anytime he was in a decent position he did a dumb move or made a mistake and finished nowhere. He did the same at the ETCC event.

He added nothing to the BTCC, so won't be any great loss to that series.
Closed Thread