Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Sep 2018, 05:43 (Ref:3849778)   #26
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Typical dead end thinking, why do you think the numbers have dropped so far, because the tracks are CR*P and people do not want to go there to experience the lack of facilities.
what facilities would you like? Tell me

Are we talking spectator numbers or competitor numbers?
Old 13 Sep 2018, 05:44 (Ref:3849779)   #27
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook View Post
With your extensive motorsport and business experience, can you tell us what is the average cost per spectator to cover setup costs - catering, security, parking, Police, toilets, garbage collection and disposal & ticketing ?. Just a ballpark figure will do for this discussion.
I won't even oblige that with a response - stupid question
Old 13 Sep 2018, 07:23 (Ref:3849786)   #28
spook
Veteran

spook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The question was for Casper, not you Trevor - just trying to paint a picture for Casper for those "hidden costs" to service spectators before you start to make a dollar. We have very similar histories in Australian motorsport over decades.
Old 13 Sep 2018, 08:27 (Ref:3849800)   #29
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So much negativity is really good for the sport, no wonder it is leaping ahead in huge numbers all of a sudden. Witness this proclamation form Trevor the business wizard

>The ONLY event that attracts crowd are Supercars and maybe that idiotic 'burnout' competition<

You have identified two money spinning things and then say because it is idiotic (according to you) you would not allow one to be a big money earner. Top marks for that. Just because it does not appeal to you burnouts can't be allowed to contribute to a circuits income, excellent thinking. Carry on.
Old 13 Sep 2018, 17:53 (Ref:3849918)   #30
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
I have been a deputy clerk of course for a weekend 'performance car' event (read burnout competition). I was the manager on site for 7 years where another 'performance car' event was held so I reckon I can talk with a little more authority than you.

I applaud tracks for taking these events on, I have no issue with the event itself, however I have a huge issue with the competitors, I have been race officiating since around 2001 and there is NO other event from Supercars to truck racing to motorbike racing to club level events even drift competitions and nowhere do you have so much trouble with the competitors like you do at 'performance car' events, it is like they want you to shut down the event with their poor behaviour so that they have no where to go. I will call the event stupid if I want coz I have lived through them - you?
Old 13 Sep 2018, 21:29 (Ref:3849957)   #31
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
maybe this discussion should be here - https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153217
Old 14 Sep 2018, 05:45 (Ref:3850005)   #32
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, been to a burn out competition or two and I survived the experience. SMP seem to run time attack and roll racing without the sky falling in, good money in those and the market is just starting to develop on roll racing. The person who builds a track dedicated to drifting is going to get killed in the rush. It is called developing the market.

I have been at Wakefield for speed off the street days and seen people ejected from those more than once as well and that is what you would call mainstream motorsport. A well built spectator friendly track will take all those disciplines and put them into one facility including a kart track, put good facilities in for families where mum and the kids can go along etc. How many wives have killed motorsport careers because they hate going to the track which is dirty, nowhere to allow the kids to play etc. Short term thinking is the name of the game and always has been. I tried to buy a track a long time ago, it was going broke at high speed, the owner couldn't see it so he no longer has a track and I missed out as well.

Motorsport has moved on, it is no longer a circuit used strictly for car racing in the form we knew it, the new games are drifting, roll racing, time attack, burnouts and corporate track hire. Anyone who doesn't get that is blind to the facts.
Old 14 Sep 2018, 07:17 (Ref:3850015)   #33
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is "roll racing"? Serious questions, never heard of that before.
Old 14 Sep 2018, 07:27 (Ref:3850018)   #34
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
What is "roll racing"? Serious questions, never heard of that before.
Drag racing with a slow rolling start, so less stress on drivelines. Generally done at circuits although I believe that Sydney Dragway have done a bit of it too.
Old 14 Sep 2018, 08:11 (Ref:3850023)   #35
spook
Veteran

spook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JAFA851 - Rolling start Drag Racing over short distances less than 1/4mile.

Casper, you should head out to QR - all those forms of motorsport are conducted there - but not the flood of spectators you expected.
Old 14 Sep 2018, 20:26 (Ref:3850164)   #36
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Yep, been to a burn out competition or two and I survived the experience. SMP seem to run time attack and roll racing without the sky falling in, good money in those and the market is just starting to develop on roll racing. The person who builds a track dedicated to drifting is going to get killed in the rush. It is called developing the market.

I have been at Wakefield for speed off the street days and seen people ejected from those more than once as well and that is what you would call mainstream motorsport. A well built spectator friendly track will take all those disciplines and put them into one facility including a kart track, put good facilities in for families where mum and the kids can go along etc. How many wives have killed motorsport careers because they hate going to the track which is dirty, nowhere to allow the kids to play etc. Short term thinking is the name of the game and always has been. I tried to buy a track a long time ago, it was going broke at high speed, the owner couldn't see it so he no longer has a track and I missed out as well.

Motorsport has moved on, it is no longer a circuit used strictly for car racing in the form we knew it, the new games are drifting, roll racing, time attack, burnouts and corporate track hire. Anyone who doesn't get that is blind to the facts.
Ever been to Winton? It caters for all those and even has a grassed area