Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Jul 2018, 11:33 (Ref:3840310)   #326
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Fair point and I imagine another illustration for Liberty that teams are more moitvated by self interest than in F1 overall.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 11:39 (Ref:3840311)   #327
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Disappointing that three teams are (for now) taking that view. Rather lowering themselves to the level they’re basically accusing Ferrari and Mercedes of reaching.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 13:38 (Ref:3840339)   #328
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Shame really, we can't afford to lose another team, we need more teams if anything not less
Old 31 Jul 2018, 14:08 (Ref:3840347)   #329
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I tend to think that the transition of ownership and survival of FI will work out. And that the teams currently making it difficult will, in the end, allow it to go through. But they are looking to extract "something" from either Liberty Media and/or the larger teams who are backing the deal.

Richard
Old 31 Jul 2018, 14:31 (Ref:3840351)   #330
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I tend to think that the transition of ownership and survival of FI will work out. And that the teams currently making it difficult will, in the end, allow it to go through. But they are looking to extract "something" from either Liberty Media and/or the larger teams who are backing the deal.

Richard

Agreed, another horse trading opportunity...
Old 31 Jul 2018, 15:23 (Ref:3840361)   #331
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
horse trading is typically par for the course in F1. same trap Bernie found himself in...well he probably created these situations more then he found himself in them.

hopefully Liberty will be able to find a better way but i doubt it.

but if it keeps a team like Force India on the grid i suppose the ends justify the means.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 19:53 (Ref:3840444)   #332
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i think everyone on this forum is hoping force india survive as if f1 keeps losing teams it's importance in motor racing will diminish very quickly
Old 31 Jul 2018, 20:35 (Ref:3840456)   #333
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i think everyone on this forum is hoping force india survive as if f1 keeps losing teams it's importance in motor racing will diminish very quickly
As a Brabham fan from the olden days I would much rather see Williams and McLaren go bust, now that would be fun
Old 31 Jul 2018, 20:53 (Ref:3840464)   #334
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by loon View Post
As a Brabham fan from the olden days I would much rather see Williams and McLaren go bust, now that would be fun
Strange that any f1 fan would want that, as a brabham fan why would you want to see teams from that period disappear with the likelyhood that F1 would also be much closer to collapsing.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 21:04 (Ref:3840471)   #335
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I find that a bizarre comment, to be honest....... What would be 'fun' about it?
Old 31 Jul 2018, 21:32 (Ref:3840484)   #336
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I find that a bizarre comment, to be honest....... What would be 'fun' about it?
Where is your sense of drama? to arise from the darkness and wield the rapier of vengeance one last time and smote the enemies of old !!! you must have never loved
Old 31 Jul 2018, 21:45 (Ref:3840489)   #337
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm not saying I want it to happen. But I can see that it would be something that could add to the drama and narrative of the F1 story.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 22:00 (Ref:3840498)   #338
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mclaren and Williams folding???

i can live without that drama.

Quote:
Where is your sense of drama? to arise from the darkness and wield the rapier of vengeance one last time and smote the enemies of old !!! you must have never loved
that was funny though!
Old 31 Jul 2018, 23:32 (Ref:3840516)   #339
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I'm not saying I want it to happen. But I can see that it would be something that could add to the drama and narrative of the F1 story.
I would recommend a book for drama and narrative, something that doesn't involve eliminating the jobs of hundreds of people for your personal enjoyment.
Old 1 Aug 2018, 00:06 (Ref:3840517)   #340
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
I would recommend a book for drama and narrative, something that doesn't involve eliminating the jobs of hundreds of people for your personal enjoyment.
Ah, the updated won't someone think of the children argument. Sorry but I'm not going to cure every decision made by what will happen to people. Should I shop at the small local store and support 3 or the big box store and support 25-30? Your argument falls apart when you actually think because no matter what people are going to lose jobs, it's an unsustainable model and life is change
Old 1 Aug 2018, 00:14 (Ref:3840518)   #341
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now we really do have drama.
Old 1 Aug 2018, 00:25 (Ref:3840519)   #342
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Anyone who wants to see a plucky team like Force India fold just to spice things up a bit is both daft and solipsistic. And best ignored.
Old 1 Aug 2018, 03:29 (Ref:3840532)   #343
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Anyone who wants to see a plucky team like Force India fold just to spice things up a bit is both daft and solipsistic. And best ignored.
Massive kudos for the use of 'solipsistic'!
Old 1 Aug 2018, 04:49 (Ref:3840536)   #344
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Massive kudos for the use of 'solipsistic'!
+1 to that.
Old 1 Aug 2018, 11:31 (Ref:3840584)   #345
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After having read some informed comments and observations from elsewhere by people who do this stuff as part of their job it would not surprise me if FI has been utilised for some fraudulent activities which have yet to see the light of day and if that were to be the case then there is a lot more to come. I have no solid grounds to say that this has occurred but the individuals involved don't have the cleanest reputations in this world. It is only a gut feeling on my part and nothing I have read indicates any more funny stuff for want of better words than has been revealed but I reckon it will become more complicated than it already is before it is all wrapped up.
Old 1 Aug 2018, 13:31 (Ref:3840620)   #346
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 needs Force India and smaller teams in General.
Old 1 Aug 2018, 15:47 (Ref:3840663)   #347
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There is absolutely nothing humorous about a F1 team going to the wall. This has to be one of the most distasteful comments I have read reading the demise of one of the most resourceful teams on the grid. Clearly there is a lack of understanding in making such a flippant remark concerning the endeavours of the Force India team and the potential devastation to individuals which would ensue.
Given their meagre budget Force India have performed spectacularly well whilst obviously operating under severe restraints and in my view they are of the same ilk that existed when the likes of Wiliams and McLaren first came on the scene and yes I am old enough to remember.
Old 1 Aug 2018, 16:26 (Ref:3840670)   #348
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
It doesn’t do to be too po-faced, but, yes, this was a remarkably crass comment which I *hope* was intended to be humorous.
Old 1 Aug 2018, 16:45 (Ref:3840683)   #349
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Indeed. Losing McLaren and Williams won't bring back Brabham. Instead loads of people will be looking for a new job....
Old 1 Aug 2018, 16:53 (Ref:3840691)   #350
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
It doesn’t do to be too po-faced, but, yes, this was a remarkably crass comment which I *hope* was intended to be humorous.
May be an over reaction on my part but there is nothing humorous about redundancy or being laid off.
Perhaps people should chose their words more carefully.

Tags
diageo, force india, formula 1