Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Feb 2018, 04:49 (Ref:3800161)   #91
peckstar
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2004
Cayman Islands
Posts: 16,040
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post

Class racing is about big cars and little cars, managing traffic with the slower cars etc etc
I think you just made that up.

Thast not the definition of Class racing at all. It just happens to be what sometimes happens. its not what class racing is, Ist possible to have two classes that a similar speeds.
peckstar is offline  
Quote
Old 10 Feb 2018, 05:14 (Ref:3800165)   #92
one five five
Veteran
 
one five five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,594
one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
It just happens to be what sometimes happens.
In the history of motor racing, I would say it's what has happened the majority of the time.

You are contriving classes if you have the same specification of cars split up and expect anyone to take that as "class racing".
one five five is offline  
Quote
Old 10 Feb 2018, 05:26 (Ref:3800173)   #93
peckstar
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2004
Cayman Islands
Posts: 16,040
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
In the history of motor racing, I would say it's what has happened the majority of the time.
But its not what class racing is. Class racing is not about big cars and little cars. Nor is it about managing traffic with "slower cars"

It is quite possible to have two classes that travel at similar times.

For instance last years (2017) the Class B and the invitational class had almost the same time. managing traffic was nothing to do with it. even this year it was pretty close, but it was not about managing traffic
peckstar is offline  
Quote
Old 10 Feb 2018, 22:51 (Ref:3800371)   #94
one five five
Veteran
 
one five five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,594
one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
For instance last years (2017) the Class B and the invitational class had almost the same time. managing traffic was nothing to do with it. even this year it was pretty close, but it was not about managing traffic
And the Class B and Invitational cars were completely different specifications of cars.

Did you even watch the race? Did you see what the Daytona or the Viper was doing to the Class B Porsche's on the straights? Did you see what the Class B Porsche's were doing to the Daytona and the Viper across the top? PLENTY of traffic management in all that.
one five five is offline  
Quote
Old 11 Feb 2018, 01:22 (Ref:3800390)   #95
peckstar
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2004
Cayman Islands
Posts: 16,040
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
And the Class B and Invitational cars were completely different specifications of cars.

Did you even watch the race? Did you see what the Daytona or the Viper was doing to the Class B Porsche's on the straights? Did you see what the Class B Porsche's were doing to the Daytona and the Viper across the top? PLENTY of traffic management in all that.
yep. whats your point?

and really, the class B porsche spent the bulk of the race looking backwards in case a daytona came up behind it. the difference in both places was minimal.

Please stop making stuff up
peckstar is offline  
Quote
Old 11 Feb 2018, 01:34 (Ref:3800391)   #96
Ospi
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 521
Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Multi class racing is great and the drivers enjoy the challenge of dealing with the slower cars and vice versa. Glad it's not going anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Ospi is offline  
Quote
Old 11 Feb 2018, 01:39 (Ref:3800393)   #97
MaskedRacer
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,382
MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry guys but the novelty of the 12 hours of Bathurst has worn off in my mind. With so many safety car periods, the race has become somewhat of a joke. Unless the organizers find ideas to cut the safety car periods by at least half. This event is going to become minor league. Teams won't want to ship their cars over to Australia only to see them get smashed up. I would put this race in the same category as the Macau FIA GT world cup race. Is the risk worth it anymore?
MaskedRacer is offline  
Quote
Old 11 Feb 2018, 01:48 (Ref:3800397)   #98
peckstar
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2004
Cayman Islands
Posts: 16,040
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
Multi class racing is great and the drivers enjoy the challenge of dealing with the slower cars and vice versa. Glad it's not going anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
No one is suggesting we get rid of multi class racing. Just getting rid of one of the classes, like we have got rid of other classes in recent years.

I didnt hear one driver in a GT3 cars announce that they enjoyed dealing with the slower cars. the common response was "the traffic makes it difficult, but it something you have to deal with". No one at all said" i enjoy passing the same car every 6 laps" (last year it was every 5 laps, not one person or poster has said they missed having the slower cars)

Because of that im suggesting you dont actually care and will make no difference to your interest. However it might reduce safety cars thus causing less people to become jaded like masked racer has mentioned
peckstar is offline  
Quote
Old 11 Feb 2018, 01:56 (Ref:3800401)   #99
Ospi
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 521
Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
No one is suggesting we get rid of multi class racing. Just getting rid of one of the classes, like we have got rid of other classes in recent years.

I didnt hear one driver in a GT3 cars announce that they enjoyed dealing with the slower cars. the common response was "the traffic makes it difficult, but it something you have to deal with". No one at all said" i enjoy passing the same car every 6 laps" (last year it was every 5 laps, not one person or poster has said they missed having the slower cars)

Because of that im suggesting you dont actually care and will make no difference to your interest. However it might reduce safety cars thus causing less people to become jaded like masked racer has mentioned
Since I engineer in blancpain Asia which has gt3 and GT4 and Asian Le man's which until this season had the slower CN cars, so I have a pretty good idea of driver opinions of the slower machinery from both sides of the story.

The teams have no interest in limiting the amount of cars of either class and I've noticed dealt with a driver who would prefer reducing the variety, because they're endurance drivers and it's part and parcel of endurance racing.
Ospi is offline  
Quote
Old 11 Feb 2018, 02:15 (Ref:3800405)   #100
peckstar
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2004
Cayman Islands
Posts: 16,040
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
Since I engineer in blancpain Asia which has gt3 and GT4 and Asian Le man's which until this season had the slower CN cars, so I have a pretty good idea of driver opinions of the slower machinery from both sides of the story.

The teams have no interest in limiting the amount of cars of either class and I've noticed dealt with a driver who would prefer reducing the variety, because they're endurance drivers and it's part and parcel of endurance racing.
so why did Asian Le Mans get rid of the slower CN cars then? Well apart from they werent showing up anyway!

Happy for you to provide a quote.

Watched Asian Le Mans, no Gt4 there, why is that?
peckstar is offline  
Quote
Old 11 Feb 2018, 02:20 (Ref:3800406)   #101
Ospi
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 521
Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
so why did Asian Le Mans get rid of the slower CN cars then? Well apart from they werent showing up anyway!

Happy for you to provide a quote.

Watched Asian Le Mans, no Gt4 there, why is that?
They didn't, there were simply no teams interested in running CN. Aco was also open to GT4 but again lack of team interest. Unfortunately the series is on the decline due to the increased success of blancpain Asia and that's the reason for the lack of variety, not due to the aco being against their involvement.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Ospi is offline  
Quote
Old 11 Feb 2018, 02:49 (Ref:3800408)   #102
D.R.T.
Veteran
 
D.R.T.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location:
Sydeny
Posts: 8,864
D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
Multi class racing is great and the drivers enjoy the challenge of dealing with the slower cars and vice versa. Glad it's not going anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
And that's it despite the flat earthers in this thread - multi class racing & GT4 aren't going anywhere in the foreseeable future as per John Casey statement last year.
D.R.T. is offline  
Quote
Old 11 Feb 2018, 02:55 (Ref:3800409)   #103
peckstar
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2004
Cayman Islands
Posts: 16,040
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
And that's it despite the flat earthers in this thread - multi class racing & GT4 aren't going anywhere in the foreseeable future as per John Casey statement last year.
I guess i will say it for the 66th time, No one is suggesting get rid of Multi class racing

What was his statement? he made a lot of statements last year

and just to be clear a flat earther would be someone who doesnt like change in the series and wants things to go back to how they were. So a flat earther would want to keep GT4 (and also Production cars you used the exact same arguments in previous years about production cars and other classes as you are now using about Gt4)

Last edited by peckstar; 11 Feb 2018 at 03:07.
peckstar is offline  
Quote
Old 11 Feb 2018, 06:10 (Ref:3800424)   #104
one five five
Veteran
 
one five five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,594
one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Sorry guys but the novelty of the 12 hours of Bathurst has worn off in my mind. With so many safety car periods, the race has become somewhat of a joke. Unless the organizers find ideas to cut the safety car periods by at least half. This event is going to become minor league. Teams won't want to ship their cars over to Australia only to see them get smashed up. I would put this race in the same category as the Macau FIA GT world cup race. Is the risk worth it anymore?
Australian motor racing has never shown any interest in trying to limit the amount of safety cars. They aren't about to start either, the modern Bathurst enduro's are built on the final sprint to the finish from the last safety car, the 12hr as much as the 1000 in recent years (going back to 2014)
one five five is offline  
Quote
Old 11 Feb 2018, 08:30 (Ref:3800447)   #105
peckstar
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2004
Cayman Islands
Posts: 16,040
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Australian motor racing has never shown any interest in trying to limit the amount of safety cars. They aren't about to start either, the modern Bathurst enduro's are built on the final sprint to the finish from the last safety car, the 12hr as much as the 1000 in recent years (going back to 2014)
More falsehoods. there is no intention or goal to have yellow flags Its more a consequence of the way things have turned out as drivers go for the prestige of winning.

The bathurst 1000 in 2012 ran 3 hours to the finish, the last two years the race has been almost half over (by laps) before the first safety car. almost every years the 1000 has an average faster lap that 12 hour because of less safety cars and then usally less average laps under safety cars.

For instance even though the 1000 was ran on wets often 30 seconds a lap of qualifying pace it completed 161 laps quicker than the 12 hour did which was run in the dry (7hr11min compared 7hr18min) Clearly there is no interest in having prolonged periods of safety cars in the 1000. I can see no evidence its the goal of the 12 hour promoters ever (although Clearly many fans on here dont care)

To deny there isnt a safety car issue in the 12 hour is to put ones head in the sand

2017 Bathurst 1000 6 Safety cars for ten laps 7 Hours 11
2018 Bathurst 12 hour 17 Safety cars for 47 laps. 12 hours

Last edited by peckstar; 11 Feb 2018 at 08:36.
peckstar is offline  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 hour: Feb 3-5 Reload Sportscar & GT Racing 1581 16 Feb 2017 01:36
2016 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour: 4-7 February GTRMagic Sportscar & GT Racing 2193 14 Apr 2016 20:34
2015 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour: 6-8 February GTRMagic Sportscar & GT Racing 2723 15 Jun 2015 05:12
2014 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour: 7-9 February (Merged) GTRMagic Australasian Touring Cars. 2303 8 Mar 2014 05:50
2013 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour: 8-10 February racer69 Australasian Touring Cars. 1512 11 Mar 2013 10:07


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.