Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jul 2021, 06:38 (Ref:4062615)   #2526
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry, Peter has been faster than me!
Old 22 Jul 2021, 07:00 (Ref:4062616)   #2527
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not often you can say that!
Old 22 Jul 2021, 13:41 (Ref:4062683)   #2528
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Old 22 Jul 2021, 19:16 (Ref:4062741)   #2529
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks that's all new to me. Amazing what this forum can do.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 22 Jul 2021, 20:23 (Ref:4062749)   #2530
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
There you go my friend: https://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/1331002...0AAOSw6vhdGZSm
Old 22 Jul 2021, 23:00 (Ref:4062767)   #2531
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You know, now I think hard I have a very distant memory of "septant" from years ago. I was an avid reader of Tintin in its original language, maybe that's where I recall it from.

Old 24 Jul 2021, 10:41 (Ref:4062968)   #2532
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Track limit infringements?Yes of course that's no problem for British F3 drivers(Until the get to Spa that is)
Had the task of helping a 16yr old learn Spa last Thursday,I think the kerbs were magnetic as he was naturally drawn to every one!
I then suggested that a road going BMW 240i was absolutely no comparison to what he would be driving today and that no doubt the Belgian CoC wouldn't take any excuses for allowing the car to be completely over the limit line.He explained the Series allowed you to go over as long as the inside wheels didn't go over as well.FIA say absolutely no wheels over,boy could be in for a dissapointing day.
Old 24 Jul 2021, 16:35 (Ref:4062992)   #2533
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
FIA say absolutely no wheels over,boy could be in for a dissapointing day.
Ha yes? Serious?
Old 24 Jul 2021, 18:22 (Ref:4063005)   #2534
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes very.Brit F3 organisers say its OK,FIA say its not?
Laughable isn't it.Fastest top 11 drivers yesterday had their times disallowed.Sounds like F3 will be a better viewing than F1.?
Old 25 Jul 2021, 07:20 (Ref:4063046)   #2535
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Agreed! Fully agreed. I think the youngsters in F3 should not be allowed to watch F1.
What is confusing is during the briefings here you're shown that two wheels on the kerbs are allowed unless the two others are still on the track. Hence the discrepancy between the marshals reports and the drivers. Sometimes…
Old 25 Jul 2021, 08:35 (Ref:4063052)   #2536
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Totally goes against track limit meaning.Its the BRDC F3 who allow such poor driving standards,unbelievable!!
So now exceeded track limits and the excuse will be ,Well,Hamilton does it all of the time,same as Brit F3,so why can't I?
Answer being,IT IS NOT PROPER DRIVING STANDARDS,The track limit is there for a reason and that reason is non negotiable.
Old 25 Jul 2021, 09:02 (Ref:4063053)   #2537
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Totally goes against track limit meaning.Its the BRDC F3 who allow such poor driving standards,unbelievable!!
So now exceeded track limits and the excuse will be ,Well,Hamilton does it all of the time,same as Brit F3,so why can't I?
Answer being,IT IS NOT PROPER DRIVING STANDARDS,The track limit is there for a reason and that reason is non negotiable.
Totally agree .
A lot of tracks used to have " Mini Rumble Strips " as the kerbs , which would unsettle the car and make it a good idea to keep within the limits .
It might cost a little bit of money , but would be self regulating and cut out any arguments .
Old 25 Jul 2021, 09:52 (Ref:4063064)   #2538
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The frustrating thing is that at “club level” they seem to enforce it more than at the so called higher end of the sport…surely this should be something that is enforced at every level AND at every corner?
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 25 Jul 2021, 10:22 (Ref:4063068)   #2539
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It makers Clerking very difficult because you always hear 'well they do that in ........'
Old 25 Jul 2021, 10:41 (Ref:4063073)   #2540
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
It makers Clerking very difficult because you always hear 'well they do that in ........'
Have you clerked at Whilton Mill yet? That's a challenge with big run offs for corporate that tend to be taken advantage of by the MSUK heroes.

Old 25 Jul 2021, 14:02 (Ref:4063102)   #2541
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Would have loved to have been in Race Control Dave.Dave Scott in one corner and the Belgian guy in the other.
But its making a mockery of the rules and regulations.Its also very surprising in a BRDC championship.Bit like one rule for those who respect limits and another for those who don't.
Odd thing is that on Friday 11 fastest times were disallowed because of track line infringements??
Old 25 Jul 2021, 14:13 (Ref:4063104)   #2542
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Have you clerked at Whilton Mill yet? That's a challenge with big run offs for corporate that tend to be taken advantage of by the MSUK heroes.

No, I only Clerk @ Race/ Hillclimb/Sprints but regularly visit Whilton Mill as the MSUK Steward, the problem there is the Blue Book says that the circuit has to be defined by white lines, no white lines, no exceeding track limits, happens @ GYG as well.
Old 25 Jul 2021, 19:30 (Ref:4063128)   #2543
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Odd thing is that on Friday 11 fastest times were disallowed because of track line infringements??
I dunno how they play the game there but before your fastest time is disallowed here you've been warned at least twice via the flag+your car#. Not a surprise then!
Old 27 Jul 2021, 06:38 (Ref:4063341)   #2544
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
ell,Hamilton does it all of the time,same as Brit F3,so why can't I?
If they use that excuse, and get away with it, I think we shall soon see a few more people being put into hospital. The Verstappen incident was no accident but a carefully planned way of eliminating a rival.
Old 27 Jul 2021, 07:03 (Ref:4063347)   #2545
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
If they use that excuse, and get away with it, I think we shall soon see a few more people being put into hospital. The Verstappen incident was no accident but a carefully planned way of eliminating a rival.
Totally disagree, is this a Bauble wind up?
Old 27 Jul 2021, 07:15 (Ref:4063348)   #2546
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Can't agree with that Bob.

Whatever else you think of him, I have always considered Hamilton to be a clean & fair driver. Cannot say that for Verstappen - he does come from a rather thuggish line & seems to have inherited all the traits!
Old 27 Jul 2021, 07:19 (Ref:4063349)   #2547
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sorry, Bauble, not a chance.
Old 27 Jul 2021, 07:24 (Ref:4063350)   #2548
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh qawd, let's not have that discussion here as well.
Old 27 Jul 2021, 08:07 (Ref:4063352)   #2549
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Oh qawd, let's not have that discussion here as well.
This....

Old 27 Jul 2021, 08:14 (Ref:4063356)   #2550
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gratuitous provocation methinks… If Bob wants to keep this thread historical, what about Senna vs Prost?
I'm far away…