Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Oct 2017, 00:14 (Ref:3774763)   #2356
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
31st October 2017, 2021 engine rules to be revealed.

Well gentlemen, I guess we will see what Liberty Media and Ross Brawn are prepared to do about F1s problems on the 31st October.

Probably push the decision 6 months or a year down the road and keep on going like the head protection canopy/halo implementation.

Hope they don't! Leadership would be good.
Old 18 Oct 2017, 06:22 (Ref:3774796)   #2357
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Replace F1 cars with F2 cars....problem solved.
Old 18 Oct 2017, 08:34 (Ref:3774814)   #2358
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Loughborough
Greem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm just reading the Adam Parr & Ross Brawn book "Total Competition: Lessons in Strategy from Formula One". If I'm reading Ross's words correctly (for those who don't know, the book is written as a transcript of a number of discussions between Parr & Brawn) then he'll be doing what he's always done - observing, gathering info/intelligence, trying to understand the problem *and* those of the 'competition' - before launching anything.

The interesting bit for me here is what 'competition' is when it comes to engines. I don't think it's bikes, or powerboats, or rockets. It's far more likely to be Brawn taking the wide and long view in terms of what's happening socially, politically, and technologically.

It could be that there's little change, but I have a tiny expectation that something radical could be on the cards.
Old 18 Oct 2017, 12:14 (Ref:3774837)   #2359
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
Well Ross I trust to do the right and get the competition closer and the racing better
Old 18 Oct 2017, 14:49 (Ref:3774867)   #2360
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Bernie concurs: They haven't done anything
well they did hand Bernie his walking papers and that aint nothing!

and, as far as i can recall, we did also see one of the biggest multi team deals ever transpire this season.

i cant help but think how this would have played out if BE was still in charge.

as it stands currently, my thoughts about the Mclaren/STR/RB/Honda/Renault/driver swap negotiations resulted in a Win-Win for all parties involved.

granted i havent heard/read anything about Liberty taking any direct hand in any of this but maybe the hands off approach was the missing ingredient.

i have a hard time imagining any negotiation that involves BE ending with a Win-Win for all parties. his style lead to one clear winner and many clear losers.

to see otherwise occur this season was a pretty significant change in F1 imo.
Old 31 Oct 2017, 08:20 (Ref:3777723)   #2361
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We are shortly due to see an outline of Liberty's plans for F1 in the future primarily the rules for 2021 and beyond.
It looks like there will be some mechanism to control budgets and that we will get engines similar to now but without the cost of the current hybrid that sounds better.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/132766
Old 31 Oct 2017, 21:03 (Ref:3777836)   #2362
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
Good old nothing again.

https://www.pitpass.com/60602/Propos...rmula-revealed

Drop MGU-H, propose a committee and more bureaucracy.

Same old same old.

Well done, NOT!
Old 31 Oct 2017, 21:05 (Ref:3777837)   #2363
wnut
Veteran

Look familiar? Post #2 of this thread 10 th December 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
A working group will be established to finalise the regulations governing the cost-cap regulations.This group, which will include representatives of the FIA and of the commercial rights holder, as well as F1 team members, will be tasked to finalise these regulations by the end of June 2014.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111798

I would love to be a fly on the wall at these meetings and going on past form I expect this will run and run.........
Old 1 Nov 2017, 04:58 (Ref:3777908)   #2364
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shame their dropping the exhaust regen, I thought it neat how it reduced lag.

Drivers control the energy release? I see the attraction, but I hope they can just use what the collect whenever rather than a limited number or time of push to pass opportunities.

3000 more revs is good.
Old 1 Nov 2017, 06:47 (Ref:3777916)   #2365
Taxi645
Racer

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Improvement for the people who want more noise. Lag they can perhaps address in others ways.

I'm interested in the weight implications of the proposed change. Probably somebody will do a technical estimate on one of the sites the comming days. Thank god they skipped 4wd.

If they could get the aero-following problem addressed by 2021 than I would rather just see a gas pedal than tactical deployment. Is more pure to me. Or just make it available on tracks like Hungary and Monaco.
Old 1 Nov 2017, 08:37 (Ref:3777939)   #2366
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If I've read it correctly, yesterday's meeting was just to flesh out further thoughts on the 2021 PUs, and the meeting was therefore also attended by engine suppliers from outside current F1.

There is another meeting to be held on 7th November to discuss other areas of the 2021 cars, and other regulations.
Old 1 Nov 2017, 09:21 (Ref:3777951)   #2367
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd prefer it if the amount of KERS energy was based upon how much harvesting they can do. They could then let the drivers deploy it at their discretion. In other words if a driver can handle a car with a more aggressive regen profile, then they should be "rewarded" for that with potentially higher amounts of KERS energy to deploy. As I understand it, the cars which have the higher harvesting are trickier to drive, mainly on the brakes.
Old 1 Nov 2017, 09:26 (Ref:3777953)   #2368
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Acording to Joe Saward, it seems that other proposals are to change the income share allocation to teams making them equal plus benefits from results/wcc standings and interestingly some of the overall income will go to a development budget, not technical but race/event development so F1 can go to the places it wants to race, not just the highest bidder as before.
Old 2 Nov 2017, 16:03 (Ref:3778219)   #2369
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like the squabbling has started already...Neither Renault, Mercedes or Ferrari like the proposed engine regs and Ferrari mentioning the possibility of using their veto. Libery Media welcome to F1, getting agreement from this lot 'aint going to be as easy as they thought...and that's before they get to changing the revenue share distribution...

I bet BE has a wry smile, wherever he is now.
Old 2 Nov 2017, 20:37 (Ref:3778245)   #2370
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Looks like the squabbling has started already...Neither Renault, Mercedes or Ferrari like the proposed engine regs and Ferrari mentioning the possibility of using their veto. Libery Media welcome to F1, getting agreement from this lot 'aint going to be as easy as they thought...and that's before they get to changing the revenue share distribution...

I bet BE has a wry smile, wherever he is now.

I think that Bernie took the blame for a lot of things that were not his fault, the technical regulations pertaining to F1 being one of them!

Liberty's only real hope is to go and do a deal with the FIA and force it on the asylum's inmates, expecting the teams to agree on anything that decreases their slice of the pie is just unrealistic.