Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Mar 2024, 16:01 (Ref:4203014)   #2551
TinTopGrumpy
Rookie

TinTopGrumpy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could backfire if the US does ban TikTok.
Old 27 Mar 2024, 16:09 (Ref:4203015)   #2552
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinTopGrumpy View Post
Glass half empty ?
Old 27 Mar 2024, 16:11 (Ref:4203017)   #2553
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
It's not hard to have four cars running across three drivers during a whole day test. Not unusual at all for one driver to be behind the wheel of multiple chassis on the same day.
Probably a bit harder to pay for the lease on the Hybrid and engine for a car that might not race
Old 27 Mar 2024, 16:14 (Ref:4203019)   #2554
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
BTCC is shown on US tv
Old 27 Mar 2024, 16:21 (Ref:4203021)   #2555
ACF_
Racer

ACF_ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
I agree, this can only be a good thing. Just wish they'd leave the streaming on after qualifying so we can watch the support races. They film them to show on the Sunday already anyway so it cant be that much work to stream it?
I've always thought the same. The last few years, they've done it on the final race weekend, so why not just do it all season?
Old 27 Mar 2024, 16:22 (Ref:4203022)   #2556
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a good move by the organisers. The more potential viewers, the better, especially if it allows people to watch worldwide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
I agree, this can only be a good thing. Just wish they'd leave the streaming on after qualifying so we can watch the support races. They film them to show on the Sunday already anyway so it cant be that much work to stream it?
Why do people still think this? Saturday races aren't shown on Sundays, except in cases where the title happens to be won on Saturday at the finale, and those races are streamed anyway.
Old 27 Mar 2024, 16:44 (Ref:4203024)   #2557
TinTopGrumpy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
BTCC is shown on US tv
Not live it isn't as far as I can tell from the number of people in the US who complain on YT videos.
Old 27 Mar 2024, 16:58 (Ref:4203026)   #2558
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, didn't see that coming! Good job BTCC, hopefully this proves really beneficial to the championship. For sure it's a big chance so happy to see they're doing something in this direction.
Old 27 Mar 2024, 17:44 (Ref:4203030)   #2559
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not live it isn't as far as I can tell from the number of people in the US who complain on YT videos.
The last contract was with MAV TV - which if you've ever watched the US version (Europe version on Samsung TV in UK) is awful. Most of the races were highlights months after the races, squeezed in between rootin' tootin' programmes abut hunting with your Yank Tank truck, some pretty decent dirt track oval racing and yokel rust to riches restoration shows. Or in other words not quite the place to change the image of 'rental car racing' as my Yankee family members would call it.....

Down the road, if it picks up on TikTok, then it will benefit drivers if they are looking for slightly different backer looking for more than hospitality and some ITV4 exposure - but I can't understand why ITV sport wouldn't (unless there's some strange contractual thing) also link it to Twitter and Facebook. As for YouTube (open it up international), I hope this year they put all the races on as an archive instead of the first half of the season, then the odd one. Sure, the numbers weren't brilliant, but tying all socials together would be a smart move.

I suspect Mr Halstead has a hand in the whole deal, which you can only give him credit for. At least he (along with Rowbo and one or two others0 is prepared to step up and push a little.

Just hope in the long term it doesn't turn BTCC drivers into F1 type divas, or become big enough that half the races are in Saudi/Bahrain/UAE.....
Old 27 Mar 2024, 18:14 (Ref:4203037)   #2560
Protonman
Rookie

Protonman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
First official test at Brands next week, currently 19 confirmed drivers (would be very surprised if HARD are there before Donington) so I reckon 18 on track for the two days.

I know it used to be written in the regs about drivers entering a couple of rounds in getting a weight penalty, I assume that's the case with hybrid too? But what I'd like to know, and some of you seem connected enough to answer, say Toyota or WSR sign a driver late on, say in time for round three, how much work will it take to take on extra engineering staff/hospitality stuff etc, and how long would it take to get operating the other car up to standard?
Will this be moment for Toyota to show its hand . If so 19 drivers without Hard . Been quiet on Rob Huff but at least he hasn’t denied any chance or more interestingly been seen seeking an overseas TCR drive which would be expected if giving up the BTCC dream .
Old 27 Mar 2024, 18:54 (Ref:4203041)   #2561
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Who watches Live TV these days?!
Old 27 Mar 2024, 19:27 (Ref:4203042)   #2562
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There have been numerous posts over the winter criticising the BTCC for being stuck in the dark ages only being on TV. So I applaud the organisers and ITV for going for this.
Old 27 Mar 2024, 20:01 (Ref:4203045)   #2563
TinTopGrumpy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Plenty of people and it's not like you could watch BTCC the same day in the USA.

99% of the sport I watch is live and everyone I know is the same.
Old 27 Mar 2024, 20:12 (Ref:4203048)   #2564
Pit Lane Lurker
Rookie

Pit Lane Lurker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Halstead also announcing crazy kart races at his livery launch with chances for the general public to get involved and also win a kart.

He might not be winning any races - but he’s certainly leading the way in the fan engagement stakes that’s for sure.

He deserves massive credit for everything he’s doing for this championship.
Old 27 Mar 2024, 20:51 (Ref:4203054)   #2565
Ant25
Racer

Ant25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I’m guessing no news on PMR 3rd driver?
Old 27 Mar 2024, 21:17 (Ref:4203057)   #2566
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant25 View Post
I’m guessing no news on PMR 3rd driver?
Assume there's no 3rd driver at PMR.
Old 27 Mar 2024, 21:30 (Ref:4203058)   #2567
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Plenty of people and it's not like you could watch BTCC the same day in the USA.

99% of the sport I watch is live and everyone I know is the same.
And with all respect I bet they are all nearer to 50 than 20. As the BBC has demonstrated this week the Live Tv model is withering to the on demand model
Old 27 Mar 2024, 22:08 (Ref:4203060)   #2568
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It depends.
For pre-recorded media, then on-demand platforms are becoming the norm.
For sport though, it is a different story. Most viewers want to watch live (either through a TV broadcast or streamed).
Old 27 Mar 2024, 22:34 (Ref:4203062)   #2569
CroftPilgrim
Racer

CroftPilgrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quite a lot of us!
Old 27 Mar 2024, 22:46 (Ref:4203065)   #2570
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroftPilgrim View Post
Quite a lot of us!

I think that we may all be surprised at the number of people who don't watch the live broadcast but watch later. There are a number of people on 10/10ths who, for a variety of reasons, don't watch motor racing live.

I am one of those; I record the Sunday broadcast and usually start watching about 1 1/2 hours after the programme goes out. This allows me to fast forward over the adverts and some of the guff that doesn't interest me. And I usually finish the end of the days racing at around the same time that the live broadcast ends. It also means that I can stop the recording to make lunch and eat it in peace without missing anything important.
Old 27 Mar 2024, 22:55 (Ref:4203066)   #2571
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lots of people watch live sports, especially streaming, and judging by my offspring they pay as much for football, NFL, F1 and Moto GP as we do for BTCC......

At least with this move the BTCC won't be flipping out trying to cut off streams like NASCAR does during races.

And all thanks to that Amazon stick and a little extra cash, while this mug is paying Sky and BT for the privelage.
Old 28 Mar 2024, 05:58 (Ref:4203087)   #2572
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I always make sure my Sunday is free whenever the BTCC is on.
Old 28 Mar 2024, 08:04 (Ref:4203099)   #2573
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Huff confirmed.
https://www.btcc.net/2024/03/28/form...zoo-racing-uk/
Old 28 Mar 2024, 08:07 (Ref:4203100)   #2574
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I think that we may all be surprised at the number of people who don't watch the live broadcast but watch later. There are a number of people on 10/10ths who, for a variety of reasons, don't watch motor racing live.

I am one of those; I record the Sunday broadcast and usually start watching about 1 1/2 hours after the programme goes out. This allows me to fast forward over the adverts and some of the guff that doesn't interest me. And I usually finish the end of the days racing at around the same time that the live broadcast ends. It also means that I can stop the recording to make lunch and eat it in peace without missing anything important.
Yep Mike, that is pretty well the way I tend to watch BTCC (and F1 - the only other motorsport I watch nowadays). I wouldn't have the time (or the clear conscience) to sit in front of the TV from 10:30 on a Sunday morning until 6:00 in the evening. I'm still working full time 5 days a week so anything that I want or need to do (including spending time with my family & friends) has to be done at the weekend.
Old 28 Mar 2024, 08:10 (Ref:4203102)   #2575
MarcusH26
Racer

MarcusH26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully Speedworks and Toyota have got the engine issues that blighted them last season sorted and they can have a proper tilt at the front , they've definitely got the driver lineup to be up there with Alliance and WSR.