Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Aug 2004, 08:16 (Ref:1057892)   #1
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One make series................................

Monaro for the Thunder Dome.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 6 Aug 2004, 09:04 (Ref:1057934)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are they alligator-proof??

No other one make series of recent times has captured the crowd's imagination, what makes the proponents of this series think it will be any better, or indeed financially viable without some generous competitor patrons?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 Aug 2004, 10:01 (Ref:1057989)   #3
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are the details or a web link?
Old 6 Aug 2004, 10:20 (Ref:1058010)   #4
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The details are that Bob Jane is firing up the Dome with various classes of racing.

Drag racing will also make a comeback. There will be some new crash barrier testing in the next couple of weeks with ANDRA approval.

Bob wants this up and running asap with press releases due in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited by retro; 6 Aug 2004 at 10:20.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 6 Aug 2004, 10:22 (Ref:1058015)   #5
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Ha Ha Ha....Incredible. He has lost all credibility with the former NASCAR drivers and fans..now he is trying something else.
I believe he was also involved in the Future Racers fiasco.
Old 6 Aug 2004, 23:18 (Ref:1058890)   #6
Harves
Racer

Tonga
Melbourne
Harves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Being a tin top nation, IMO there is room for an affordable one make series but it must offer decent prize money and not be run by some one trying to fleece competitors.
Old 7 Aug 2004, 00:19 (Ref:1058918)   #7
grumblebum
Rookie

grumblebum should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Harves
Being a tin top nation, IMO there is room for an affordable one make series but it must offer decent prize money and not be run by some one trying to fleece competitors.
Fleecing competitors is all right, they should know what they are walking into when they sign up for the category.

What annoys me more than that is the fleecing of trade suppliers, being asked to offer previously unobtainable lines of credit to someone who offers little credibility to their product.

These people are successful at dodging financial bullets, as they lurch from one cash flow crisis to another, dragging the name of their class (sic!) with them, annoying circuit owners and trade suppliers alike.

Now if Holden gets one of these off the ground, will it be so that Denny Mooney can win the series as a driver, I mean thats what is keeping the Lotus series afloat isnt it?
Old 7 Aug 2004, 13:30 (Ref:1059307)   #8
Dirk
Veteran

Dirk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Robert Ryan

I believe he was also involved in the Future Racers fiasco.
I believe you are way, way, wrong! And I also believe that when you have as much passion for the sport than you can criticize.
Old 8 Aug 2004, 02:01 (Ref:1059772)   #9
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dirk
I believe you are way, way, wrong! And I also believe that when you have as much passion for the sport than you can criticize.
It was the FUTURE TOURERS fiasco that he was involved in.
Old 8 Aug 2004, 03:50 (Ref:1059812)   #10
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Dirk, I am not doing the criticizing as much as reflecting attitudes of quite a few people who have dealt with him.
Old 8 Aug 2004, 04:00 (Ref:1059816)   #11
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Oh , I forgot Bob had a hand in the "Futureracers" fiasco as well. Got to hand it to him, everything he has touched has eventually turned to mud.Bit of a worry with his Bathurst sponsorship!
http://www.qrda.asn.au/shedtalk/newsarticle.asp?id=627

Last edited by Robert Ryan; 8 Aug 2004 at 04:01.
Old 8 Aug 2004, 04:14 (Ref:1059823)   #12
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Robert

Bob Jane lent Sports Sedan the name Tranzams for this year. Is that the reasons why Sports Sedans national series has struggled some what this year.

Sorry about the dig, but blaming Bob Jane on the Future Racers and Future Tourer Fiasco is drawing a long bow. I suppose you would lose credibility with NASCAR drivers when you stop paying for all their expenses.

Anyway isn't the one make Monaro formula the brainchild of John Crennan from 12 months ago.
Old 8 Aug 2004, 04:21 (Ref:1059826)   #13
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Matthew, I think they had to add weight to the cars so they had some sort of parity with the ex-TraNZam cars, that is why the lack of numbers.
Matthew , Bob has been involved with a lot of new concepts, but has never properly made them work. I think that and his personality, has not made him popular with a lot of people.

Last edited by Robert Ryan; 8 Aug 2004 at 04:22.
Old 8 Aug 2004, 12:04 (Ref:1060064)   #14
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:
Originally posted by Matthew Ronke
Hi Robert

Bob Jane lent Sports Sedan the name Tranzams for this year. Is that the reasons why Sports Sedans national series has struggled some what this year.

Sorry about the dig, but blaming Bob Jane on the Future Racers and Future Tourer Fiasco is drawing a long bow. I suppose you would lose credibility with NASCAR drivers when you stop paying for all their expenses.

Anyway isn't the one make Monaro formula the brainchild of John Crennan from 12 months ago.
I am not sure how reliable (disclaimer) this info is but I am told a Monaro is/has been built.

Last edited by retro; 8 Aug 2004 at 12:05.

Old 8 Aug 2004, 14:48 (Ref:1060150)   #15
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Robert Ryan
Matthew, I think they had to add weight to the cars so they had some sort of parity with the ex-TraNZam cars, that is why the lack of numbers.
Matthew , Bob has been involved with a lot of new concepts, but has never properly made them work. I think that and his personality, has not made him popular with a lot of people.
How involved has Bob been in alot of the concepts though, or did he just publicly pronounce his support for a number of them and offer his circuit etc....
Old 9 Aug 2004, 02:28 (Ref:1060612)   #16
Dirk
Veteran

Dirk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
spot on racer 69
Old 9 Aug 2004, 03:12 (Ref:1060625)   #17
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Racer 69 a fair bit. He has come up with some good ideas, but he never finishes off. He has backed other ideas, how much is anyones guess
Old 9 Aug 2004, 04:11 (Ref:1060644)   #18
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Bob has bought some of the old F1 barriers for Calder/Adelaide. This is either for the drag racing or curcuit racing (I don't know).

This tyre barrier thing he has come up with won't fly with the drag boys.

Old 23 Aug 2004, 01:57 (Ref:1074759)   #19
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
from another forum - I was told a Monaro had been built but I wasn't sure

Old 23 Aug 2004, 07:28 (Ref:1074873)   #20
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am aware of a few Fastrack Racing Monaros that were planned for drive day rentals, dont know if they were finished, Anyone, Anyone, Fry, Fry, Bueller, Bueller????
Old 27 Aug 2004, 13:25 (Ref:1079163)   #21
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess the other post answered my question
Old 27 Aug 2004, 14:56 (Ref:1079224)   #22
Thunder1
Racer

Thunder1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thunderdome

Well guys i was out at Calder Park this week the grass is cut in the infield of the dome the weeds in the grandstands are all gone the fencing and signage is getting a fresh coat of paint.

There is alot of talk about Thunderdome its is happening just watch all the previous racers come back many have realized that it is not always greener over the fence.

here is another link about it

http://www.holdenmotorsport.com/?a191O&2y8X&pVM&v8u

Thunder1
Old 29 Aug 2004, 03:57 (Ref:1080327)   #23
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Robert,
it seems you are not a Bob Jane fan - I know he has put the odd nose out of joint but he has done more for motorsport in Aus than anyone else over the past 50 years. But one man can not carry the very many who want someone else to bankroll their sport. I will be back at the Thunderdome when next it fires.
Old 29 Aug 2004, 04:09 (Ref:1080329)   #24
spa-eau rouge
Racer

spa-eau rouge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
will they be australian built or canadian built, they can and will be available from both....
Old 29 Aug 2004, 07:51 (Ref:1080399)   #25
Thunder1
Racer

Thunder1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cavvy
I will be there too at the Thunderdome when next it fires. And it will go big

spa-eau rouge they will be Australian built cars

Thunder1