Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Jul 2018, 23:42 (Ref:3837611)   #76
Compromised
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 619
Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apex must be magicians! How did they design this track to eliminate car noise, one of the reasons the original track can't be used full time. Big development as now all those tracks that are threatened by residential encroachment can breathe a sigh of relief - Apex have it sorted in regards to noise concerns!
Compromised is offline  
Quote
Old 1 Aug 2019, 03:58 (Ref:3920612)   #77
mtpanorama
Veteran
 
mtpanorama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
Posts: 2,474
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We got this in the mail today.



mtpanorama is offline  
__________________
I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Quote
Old 1 Aug 2019, 08:58 (Ref:3920628)   #78
spook
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 542
spook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only 7 days notice for the first Public Consultation Display - hmmm, That's tight !.
spook is offline  
__________________
If it is to be,
it is up to US.
The spook's ten most important two letter words.
Quote
Old 19 Aug 2019, 23:45 (Ref:3923455)   #79
275 GTB-4
Veteran
 
275 GTB-4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
Posts: 3,220
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
Apex must be magicians! How did they design this track to eliminate car noise, one of the reasons the original track can't be used full time. Big development as now all those tracks that are threatened by residential encroachment can breathe a sigh of relief - Apex have it sorted in regards to noise concerns!
I you look closely at the proposed track...you will notice grooves in the surface following the racing lines...where the Scalextric cars pick up their power!!
275 GTB-4 is offline  
__________________
The good old days sure seem like a long time ago!!
Quote
Old 22 Aug 2019, 04:39 (Ref:3923700)   #80
275 GTB-4
Veteran
 
275 GTB-4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
Posts: 3,220
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As proposed mudmap...
Attached Thumbnails
new-track-site-at-mount-panorama.jpg  
275 GTB-4 is offline  
__________________
The good old days sure seem like a long time ago!!
Quote
Old 27 Aug 2019, 07:40 (Ref:3924296)   #81
Axeman444
Veteran
 
Axeman444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Posts: 4,080
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
As proposed mudmap...
What's the purple line? Air Racing, Reno style??
Axeman444 is offline  
__________________
In the words of the Great Forrest Gump: I'm not a smart man, but at least I know where the Dog on the Tuckerbox is
Quote
Old 27 Aug 2019, 10:45 (Ref:3924311)   #82
Jerico
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
New Zealand
Posts: 505
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
What's the purple line? Air Racing, Reno style??
That's the housing development, that's where all the people are going to live who are going to have the place closed down in a few years. We knew there was a racetrack next to our new house, but know body said it would be noisy.
Jerico is offline  
Quote
Old 27 Aug 2019, 12:36 (Ref:3924328)   #83
Alan52
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location:
Glenmore Park
Posts: 940
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
That's the housing development, that's where all the people are going to live who are going to have the place closed down in a few years. We knew there was a racetrack next to our new house, but know body said it would be noisy.
There is already a big (and expensive for Bathurst) housing development a kilometre or so from the proposed new circuit.If you go along the exit road that comes out at the golf club you pass it.These lucky people will get all the circuit noise at their houses.The big development here has happened in the last 10 years.A lot of unhappy residents coming I guess.
Alan52 is offline  
Quote
Old 28 Aug 2019, 07:05 (Ref:3924448)   #84
mtpanorama
Veteran
 
mtpanorama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
Posts: 2,474
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
There is already a big (and expensive for Bathurst) housing development a kilometre or so from the proposed new circuit.If you go along the exit road that comes out at the golf club you pass it.These lucky people will get all the circuit noise at their houses.The big development here has happened in the last 10 years.A lot of unhappy residents coming I guess.
Except there is a mountain between the new circuit and this housing estate which should cut down a lot of the noise.
mtpanorama is offline  
__________________
I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Quote
Old 28 Aug 2019, 07:53 (Ref:3924452)   #85
Alan52
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location:
Glenmore Park
Posts: 940
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
Except there is a mountain between the new circuit and this housing estate which should cut down a lot of the noise.
It looked to me the new circuit is where the rifle range is/was.All that’s between that and the housing development is a small elevation which I wouldn’t call a hill let alone a mountain.
Alan52 is offline  
Quote
Old 28 Aug 2019, 08:24 (Ref:3924455)   #86
mayhem
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Posts: 3,064
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I still dont get where the money is coming from for this. It seems like a huge infrastructure cost setting up a completely different racetrack just a stones throw from the best track we have, including the best pit facilities in the country.
mayhem is offline  
__________________
The Jerk Store rang...
Quote
Old 28 Aug 2019, 08:42 (Ref:3924457)   #87
Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran
 
Tourer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Australia
Sideways
Posts: 2,980
Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
I still dont get where the money is coming from for this. It seems like a huge infrastructure cost setting up a completely different racetrack just a stones throw from the best track we have, including the best pit facilities in the country.
Money isn't there yet but the council's plan is to get the money from State and Federal Guv-mints.

I guess if NSW can find a lazy $3 Bill or so for a couple of football stadiums, the feeling is that funding can be achieved for the 2nd circuit.
Tourer is offline  
__________________
“We’re far from having too much horsepower…[m]y definition of too much horsepower is when all four wheels are spinning in every gear.” ― Mark Donohue
Quote
Old 28 Aug 2019, 21:24 (Ref:3924547)   #88
Compromised
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 619
Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
It looked to me the new circuit is where the rifle range is/was.All that’s between that and the housing development is a small elevation which I wouldn’t call a hill let alone a mountain.
Not to mention in certain situations/weather conditions I've anecdotally found noise to travel quite well up and over "hills"
Compromised is offline  
Quote
Old 1 Sep 2019, 00:43 (Ref:3925045)   #89
275 GTB-4
Veteran
 
275 GTB-4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
Posts: 3,220
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
Not to mention in certain situations/weather conditions I've anecdotally found noise to travel quite well up and over "hills"
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/04/...audio-ducting/
275 GTB-4 is offline  
__________________
The good old days sure seem like a long time ago!!
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
F1 car to lap Mount Panorama louonline Australasian Touring Cars. 138 1 Apr 2011 06:27
White Elephant Resort, Mount Panorama (merged x1) Russco Australasian Touring Cars. 34 10 Sep 2009 09:09
Mount Panorama Redevelopment (Merged) mayhem Australasian Touring Cars. 321 23 May 2004 00:58
Mount Panorama[ BATHURST] Circuit Pierre Australasian Touring Cars. 30 20 May 2004 10:23
Mount Panorama (the track) mtpanorama Australasian Touring Cars. 48 26 Jun 2001 02:12


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.