Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

ALGARVE CLASSIC FESTIVAL
Calendar: Historic Racing
Mike Bell
Race Official

1 Nov 2019 to 3 Nov 2019 07:30 to 18:00
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

A week later than previous years, but hopefully still sunny..... Will include I.H.E, MRL, U2TC, Pre Ď63, FJ and GTSCC grids.

Old 27 May 2019, 18:09 (Ref:3906363)   #16
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Is it possible that the organiser of one of the Portuguese events that posted on here a couple of years ago may be able to point you in the right direction. Afraid I cannot remember his name at the moment, but he did seem to be ever so helpful at the time.
Guess Diogo Ferrao is who youíre thinking of. He organises this event now and runs the Iberian Historic Endurance series, so obviously Iíll be talking to him as well.

You never know, there may be a tenther down there with a villa and plenty of space.....
Old 27 May 2019, 20:23 (Ref:3906378)   #17
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Guess Diogo Ferrao is who you’re thinking of. He organises this event now and runs the Iberian Historic Endurance series, so obviously I’ll be talking to him as well.

You never know, there may be a tenther down there with a villa and plenty of space.....

Yes, that's the fella!

It's almost amusing about the villa. One of my biggest regrets is that I was seriously contemplating a huge 10 bedroom villa not that far from Portimao that was situated on an excellent golf course. It had been repossessed by the lenders after the owner, who I was led to believe was a rather shady character with an unhealthy penchant for gambling, and the property was going oh so cheap. An added bonus for me was that it also had it's own private runway, so I could have popped down there whenever the fancy took me. And the attached hanger - each house had one - would have been more than big enough to accommodate your artic!

Mind you, back then in the late 70s and 80s, we went away every summer with friends and all our children, and every year my friend Alan and I would go through the ritual of looking at properties overseas. We nearly bought in Cyprus, Corfu and the Algarve, just to name a few.

But I was a fool not to have bought that villa on the golf course, although the thought that his creditors (and I am not talking about the bank, here) might be making further calls on the house seeking their money, didn't exactly fill my heart with joy. Especially after we found a number of bullet holes in the external structure!
Old 27 May 2019, 20:37 (Ref:3906381)   #18
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Mike, youíve let me (and no doubt many others) down by not buying that villa!
Old 27 May 2019, 21:11 (Ref:3906385)   #19
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Mike, youíve let me (and no doubt many others) down by not buying that villa!

Story of my life, Mike!
Old 23 Jul 2019, 05:33 (Ref:3918952)   #20
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
I'm looking for contact details for (I think) 'Algarve Racing Services', who have a race shop at the AIA and are run by a Brit. A brief search brings up nothing, but no doubt there are many on here cleverer than me.....
Old 23 Jul 2019, 08:20 (Ref:3918964)   #21
gary396
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm looking for contact details for (I think) 'Algarve Racing Services', who have a race shop at the AIA and are run by a Brit. A brief search brings up nothing, but no doubt there are many on here cleverer than me.....
Mike, there's a Facebook page under that name created in 2010 but no posts on it so probably not in use. You could try messaging them through that but a long shot.

A search on Twitter showed a post by someone called Phil Egginton who appears to be based in Portugal referring to a Steve Worrad of Algarve Racing Services. But again that appears to be in 2010 - as follows:

Steve Worrad of Algarve Racing Services driving the Rodrive Ginetta G50 during the first Open GT race at AIA 13th... http://fb.me/AZb8iSK

That link doesn't appear to work.

Maybe a couple of names in there to work with but perhaps a bit dated?
Old 23 Jul 2019, 10:46 (Ref:3918983)   #22
Malcolm Smith
Racer

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=gary396;3918964]Mike, there's a Facebook page under that name created in 2010 but no posts on it so probably not in use. You could try messaging them through that but a long shot.

A search on Twitter showed a post by someone called Phil Egginton who appears to be based in Portugal referring to a Steve Worrad of Algarve Racing Services. But again that appears to be in 2010 - as follows:

Steve Worrad of Algarve Racing Services driving the Rodrive Ginetta G50 during the first Open GT race at AIA 13th... http://fb.me/AZb8iSK

That link doesn't appear to work.

Maybe a couple of names in there to work with but perhaps a bit dated?

Steve Worrad UK:

[/http://www.motorsport-items.com/swr
Old 23 Jul 2019, 12:14 (Ref:3918993)   #23
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Thanks guys, youíve come up with exactly same as me! I know Phil Egginton as he is an ex Morgan racer and has been at the meeting in some previous years. Probably best to try and contact him.....
Old 23 Jul 2019, 18:24 (Ref:3919050)   #24
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Hmm,

Anyone looked at Ferry crossings for this one?
Britney has now got the winter timetables up on their website. Nothing from Bilbao in Nov, and awkward timing from Santander! 1800 Monday likely not possible to make with a truck unless can leave the circuit by early pm. Next boat Wednesday, and itís not one of the better ones.....
Old 23 Jul 2019, 18:27 (Ref:3919052)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes I spotted that too.
Old 2 Aug 2019, 07:47 (Ref:3920777)   #26
Rikki Cann
Subscriber
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a link to this race meet as I would like to take my car but as its not an fia car I was wondering if there was anywhere in the race programme for it to race ?
Old 2 Aug 2019, 08:13 (Ref:3920780)   #27
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not sure but you can try info@raceready.pt. This series runs for all types of historic cars but not sure they are all FIA.
Old 2 Aug 2019, 10:00 (Ref:3920792)   #28
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Cann View Post
Is there a link to this race meet as I would like to take my car but as its not an fia car I was wondering if there was anywhere in the race programme for it to race ?
Maybe the Iberian Historic Endurance seriew.The guys who run the 3hr at Spa I think.
Old 2 Aug 2019, 10:08 (Ref:3920795)   #29
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Er................
Old 2 Aug 2019, 10:33 (Ref:3920797)   #30
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just realised I mentioned the same series.