Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

SILVERSTONE CLASSIC
Calendar: Historic Racing
Mike Bell
Race Official

26 Jul 2019 to 28 Jul 2019 07:30 to 18:00
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

With Historic F1, F2, F3, 4 MRL grids, HGPCA, Pre Ď63 GT, Masters grids, wall to wall classic car displays, evening live music, funfair, and lots of other stuff as well.....

Now established as THE big one. And no need to dress up in period clothes.....

Old 1 Aug 2019, 18:31 (Ref:3920702)   #346
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A couple of batches from Saturday evening, first the pre war cars:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1936.jpg   IMG_1944.jpg   IMG_1947.jpg  

IMG_1951.jpg   IMG_2004.jpg   IMG_2089.jpg  

Old 1 Aug 2019, 18:33 (Ref:3920703)   #347
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and an attempt at shooting the endurance cars, not shot manual for some time and itshows:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2460.jpg   IMG_2424.jpg   IMG_2456.jpg  

IMG_2488.jpg   IMG_2482.jpg   IMG_2516.jpg  

Old 1 Aug 2019, 21:01 (Ref:3920728)   #348
dwh43scale
Racer

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwh38/albums

Slowly getting there ... F1 Saturday race in the rain - really photogenic (though maybe not so nice to drive in) and Masters Historic Sports Cars albums now on Flickr.
Old 2 Aug 2019, 07:09 (Ref:3920779)   #349
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Festival is the best thing in UK Historic racing!
Certain things get to you like car parking for teams but itís not that big deal
Not impressed with the Pre War Race set up
Letting specials in with real cars does not work from an owners point of view and should have two podiums .The finish between the real cars where PBE beat Mr Birch on the line was really good
Itís not a deal breaker but a third of the cars were specials so they are needed for financial reasons.
The Pre 63 race is very good but needs more entrants.
We were pleased that our knackered old driver managed to win the 356 set to!
A great weekend for my second race meeting of year
Next and last one will be Spa!
Back to LMC next year.
Old 2 Aug 2019, 09:38 (Ref:3920799)   #350
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Certain things get to you like car parking for teams but itís not that big deal
Not impressed with the Pre War Race set up
Letting specials in with real cars does not work from an owners point of view and should have two podiums .The finish between the real cars where PBE beat Mr Birch on the line was really good
Itís not a deal breaker but a third of the cars were specials so they are needed for financial reasons.
The Pre 63 race is very good but needs more entrants.
We were pleased that our knackered old driver managed to win the 356 set to!
A great weekend for my second race meeting of year
Next and last one will be Spa!
Back to LMC next year.
Did look a bit odd having nearly lookalike GP cars in the same race as normal road cars.The speed difference was frightening.I don't mind having Specials such as the Bentley that won overall.From a spectators POV they look incredible and sound just as good.

Makes the Pre War grid one of the best.Variety you won't find anywhere else.
Old 2 Aug 2019, 11:47 (Ref:3920819)   #351
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post

This. In fact I've been saying it for years from the spectator/trader POV.

Historic racing is all about the cars, even the FIA agrees and access to the cars at SC is truly spectacular. MiniMM arrived early this year, and spent time in the pits well before the teams turned up just *being* there. No extra passes, no fancy dress. The teams get into it too, talking with the fans all day.

My favourite race meeting.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 2 Aug 2019, 19:57 (Ref:3920866)   #352
brands
Veteran

Touring car race on Sunday morning, some taken from the Luffield grandstand and others from the terrace. Saturdays gallery is now online here https://motorsportintheuk.co.uk/p398100681 for those that can't sleep.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3125.jpg   IMG_3139.jpg   IMG_3457.jpg  

IMG_3162.jpg   IMG_3225.jpg   IMG_3508.jpg  

Old 2 Aug 2019, 20:10 (Ref:3920869)   #353
brands
Veteran

Historic F1:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3603.jpg   IMG_3612.jpg   IMG_3614.jpg  

IMG_3658.jpg   IMG_3655.jpg   IMG_3639.jpg  

Old 2 Aug 2019, 21:28 (Ref:3920877)   #354
brands
Veteran

Final batch from me, pre '66 GT cars. Unable to get a tenths team photo
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3778.jpg   IMG_3882.jpg   IMG_3852.jpg  

IMG_3928.jpg   IMG_3814.jpg   IMG_4021.jpg  

Old 3 Aug 2019, 05:01 (Ref:3920918)   #355
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for these. All very good pics including those manual pics.
Old 14 Aug 2019, 17:07 (Ref:3922744)   #356
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Seems the races are on the Silverstone Classic YouTube channel....

https://m.youtube.com/user/SilverstoneClassicTV/videos

And if you want a quicker roundup, ITV4 Sunday eve after the BTCC coverage is finished.

https://www.silverstoneclassic.com/

Last edited by Mike Bell; 14 Aug 2019 at 18:18. Reason: Typo
Old 15 Aug 2019, 21:29 (Ref:3922905)   #357
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Seems the races are on the Silverstone Classic YouTube channel....

https://m.youtube.com/user/SilverstoneClassicTV/videos

And if you want a quicker roundup, ITV4 Sunday eve after the BTCC coverage is finished.

https://www.silverstoneclassic.com/
Loved watching the HTCC, Minis, F1,2 &3 and Thundersports on the YT channel!!
Old 16 Aug 2019, 05:08 (Ref:3922929)   #358
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Loved watching the HTCC, Minis, F1,2 &3 and Thundersports on the YT channel!!
I watched the pre Ď66 GT race and the commentary to start with was terrible! Mainly due to the fact that the two commentators didnít have a list of which driver was starting each car. Did see several shots of a certain white MGB, which at one point seemed to be facing the wrong way......
Old 16 Aug 2019, 05:21 (Ref:3922931)   #359
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ooh you can be so cruel. Will have to watch that. I still don't understand what exactly happened but I think I may have just got a little too far wide out of Becketts. The Vbox doesn't show me any faster or slower at the point of spinning.
Old 16 Aug 2019, 08:37 (Ref:3922948)   #360
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fantastic photos ,thanks. Not sure if that is me or Robert on three wheels. Anyone seen the proposed date for next year. They are talking about first weekend in August. Problems already for us as this will class with Copenhagen.