Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 May 2019, 15:17 (Ref:3904133)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why would anyone buy 24 empty cans for £30?
Old 16 May 2019, 15:18 (Ref:3904134)   #17
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Junior Member - The Great Bauble's SOF Club. Member #4
Old 16 May 2019, 15:24 (Ref:3904135)   #18
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
They'll probably become collectors items before long with the 'wrong' logo on them Peter. Look how much miss-printed bank notes sell for!
Old 16 May 2019, 16:19 (Ref:3904146)   #19
djinvicta
Subscriber
Veteran

Wales
French France
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
You couldn't make it up! Is Flavio involved!
Old 16 May 2019, 17:00 (Ref:3904153)   #20
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I saw someone drinking an actual can of actual Rich Energy energy drink at the Oulton Park British GT Meeting. Actually.

When asked what it was like, the answer was "a bit like Red Bull but different". Instructive.
Old 16 May 2019, 17:03 (Ref:3904154)   #21
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
ApexTurtle is a back marker
Oh dear, does that mean Red Bull is going to sue too?
Old 16 May 2019, 21:39 (Ref:3904218)   #22
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I saw someone drinking an actual can of actual Rich Energy energy drink at the Oulton Park British GT Meeting. Actually.

When asked what it was like, the answer was "a bit like Red Bull but different". Instructive.
I think this sentence covers almost every energy drink that is 'regular' flavour.
Old 16 May 2019, 21:54 (Ref:3904220)   #23
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
The link from the Rich Energy site to amazon has a 24 pack of 250ml cans for £30 !!!

Oh the seller... Rich Energy themselves.
I am generally curious as to the actual availability. Enough that I have considered ordering some. But... I don't think there is ANY way to get them in the US short of buying them from a European seller and shipping them to the US. They are not available via Amazon US and Rich Energy has a US specific website which says they are "taking pre-orders".

Given I don't like energy drinks anyhow and don't want to support whatever craziness is going on with Rich Energy, I am not likely to try any harder than I already have... to give it a try.

I however CAN get the Bob Ross Energy Drink in the US. Haas should look into them as a new sponsor.

Richard
Old 16 May 2019, 22:04 (Ref:3904222)   #24
Aysedasi
Retirement Club Member
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That looks utterly disgusting.....

Old 16 May 2019, 22:56 (Ref:3904227)   #25
Yuri G.
Rookie

Yuri G. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I follow this fascinating tale.

It seems that just today they updated the website and now you can buy the empty cans without going through amazon.
Old 17 May 2019, 02:16 (Ref:3904254)   #26
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post

I however CAN get the Bob Ross Energy Drink in the US. Haas should look into them as a new sponsor.

Richard
Is this actually a real thing? He’s the painter dude right?
Old 17 May 2019, 04:07 (Ref:3904264)   #27
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Is this actually a real thing? He’s the painter dude right?
Yeah, he is the laid back painter from US public broadcasting. The product is real, but I believe its only sold as a novelty drink. I stumbled upon it while looking for Rich Energy on Amazon.

Richard
Old 17 May 2019, 07:34 (Ref:3904285)   #28
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Yeah, he is the laid back painter from US public broadcasting. The product is real, but I believe its only sold as a novelty drink. I stumbled upon it while looking for Rich Energy on Amazon.

Richard
If you can get a couple of boxes of Eric Cartman's Cheesy Poofs, Sunday afternoon in front of the teev watching motorsport might just be complete!
Old 17 May 2019, 12:04 (Ref:3904327)   #29
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Amazon reviews:

9th November 2018
Vijay
2.0 out of 5 stars
Not A Great Mixer
9 November 2018
I was at a party and recommended this to my friend Claire as a mixer, as she was running low on Martini. Initially it looked good, but the taste was not good and there was a really funny smell - so she was totally left in the lurch and had nothing to offer her guests Robert & Esteban.

However, if you are American and more easy going, or perhaps you aren't too bothered about how it smells or things like due diligence then this is probably the energy drink for you.

---------

0 out of 5 stars
Totally Real Taste
15 May 2019

Very impressed when I tried his. I was at a private Rich Energy pool party (see photo) when a bearded man offered me a can, one of he said, 90 million he was trying to offload on the cheap, something about an old logo. I drank it with some charming Americans from some sort of motorsport team who said they'd arrived to pick up a cheque or something. It must be jolly expensive in some places as someone called Roman who was at the party said he reckoned based on sales and their marketing spend, it's worth about £350,000 for every can they've sold. It did have a slightly bitter aftertaste for some of the guests, and there was a strong smell I couldn't identify from it, perhaps waffle mixed with manure - what some people would call massive b*llsh*t. Still it must be okay as apparently it's been presented to some judges recently. The party was only spoilt by some ruffians who turned up on mountain bikes claiming someone had stolen their horns. Funny old world.
Old 17 May 2019, 21:14 (Ref:3904400)   #30
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Interview by Peter Windsor of William Storey (Rich Energy)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n31uqHOOj7E

My take is that Storey talks about everything about the logo except for the fact that their logo is beyond "similar" to that of Whyte Bikes. And that any rational individual would say it was clearly copied.

His basic take... Who is Whyte Bikes? Nobody has heard of them, so we couldn't have copied their logo. That Rich Energy is the victim here and that everyone is out to get them.

Richard