Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 10 Sep 2007, 18:07 (Ref:2008701)   #26
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great race, great result. He's always been the guy who could never catch a break but he's won a major title at last!
Old 10 Sep 2007, 19:41 (Ref:2008784)   #27
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
J-C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a fabulous finish that was - 2 laps, winner takes all - the way all championships should be settled; it was probably the best bit of racing I've seen all year. Big congratulations to Dario and commiserations to Dixon who gave it everything. And best of luck to Dario for whatever he chooses to do next.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 21:28 (Ref:2008862)   #28
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastically dramatic finish to one of the most exciting series closes I've followed in a loong time. Congratulations to Dario, and well fought Scott Dixon.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 21:50 (Ref:2008886)   #29
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Congrats Dario, a shame for Scott, but then he does already have a title under his belt.

I thought that Ashley Judd was a bit harsh (on Danica) when she said that Dario had no help as Tony was on a different stratergy. I'm not too sure what Danica was supposed to do? She was in a no win situation. She seemed faster than Dario, and obviously wanted her first win, but at the same time wasn't prepared to pass.
Old 11 Sep 2007, 00:23 (Ref:2008960)   #30
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
I thought that Ashley Judd was a bit harsh (on Danica) when she said that Dario had no help as Tony was on a different stratergy.
I think Ashley was watching a diffrent race
Quote:
"You saw the Penskes work so well and the Target guys work so well, and my sweet little husband was just out there with the bloody sharks," Judd said after the season-finale at Chicagoland Speedway. "They just sharked him all day. And he never gave up hope. He just hung in there and ... was in a great position. And I know that this is not very sportsmanlike, but they've got to get the 23 car (Duno) off the track. It's very dangerous. I'm tired of holding my tongue. When a car's 10 miles (an hour) off the pace, it's not appropriate for it to be racing. People's lives are at stake."
http://www6.autonet.ca/Motorsports/S...483016-ap.html

The Target guys work well?, I thought Wheldon was out there battling with his teammate
Old 11 Sep 2007, 15:16 (Ref:2009394)   #31
Michael Edick
Racer

United States
Pine Grove, CA
Michael Edick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
check out Robin Miller's comments on Speed...

gives credit where credit is due, and makes no apologies for calling it as he sees it...classic Miller...

http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/40138/
Old 11 Sep 2007, 17:09 (Ref:2009491)   #32
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think Ashley was being scathing at all towards Dario's teammates. The fact is, he had little help until the last 50 or so laps, whereas Dan was up there with Scott all day.

I suppose it's how you interpret it really.
Old 11 Sep 2007, 20:31 (Ref:2009690)   #33
Raz0rRacing
Rookie

Raz0rRacing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get in Dario!

Congratulations!
Old 11 Sep 2007, 20:35 (Ref:2009694)   #34
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
I don't think Ashley was being scathing at all towards Dario's teammates. The fact is, he had little help until the last 50 or so laps, whereas Dan was up there with Scott all day.

I suppose it's how you interpret it really.
It was just in response to the Dario gets help all the time comments from the last few weeks.
Old 12 Sep 2007, 09:34 (Ref:2009999)   #35
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Plus, TK had the puncture early on, Marco was nowhere to be seen and Danica was running better on a lower line which Dario couldn't run - Dario just couldn't take advantage of that.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 20:37 (Ref:2011863)   #36
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
Plus, TK had the puncture early on, Marco was nowhere to be seen and Danica was running better on a lower line which Dario couldn't run - Dario just couldn't take advantage of that.
Dario was saving fuel and not racing the front as he knew it was between him and Scott for the title and the fuel. Which was the case. Danica was screaming on the radio, Michael was furiious she passed him...I'm not saying it was right or wrong but Dario was not racing that day as such. He had the car in terms of pace as he won the pole but it was about being in the shape to win in the last stint which was the case which was why he wasn't so racy all day.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 23:31 (Ref:2012068)   #37
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Sometimes I wonder if people were watching the same race I was...

So Danica was screaming? When? About What? Michael was furious? When" (at Sonoma??) About what? Pitting Marco at just the right time to run into Dario?

I mean, no offense, but you wouldn't happen to have a link or perhaps a specific quote or something?

Seriously, Dario was running a high line. Danica's car was better low. They asked her NOT to run side-by-side with Dario as it was affecting both of their lap times. Per the announcers, Dario was also complaining that the car was not handling as good as it had in qualifying...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 14 Sep 2007, 02:04 (Ref:2012168)   #38
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
He had the car in terms of pace as he won the pole
I disagree, he was running about 2 seconds back from the pack, i.e, not in the draft, he only caught up when the front runners had a particular problem getting past a backmarker.
Old 14 Sep 2007, 12:27 (Ref:2012643)   #39
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
Sometimes I wonder if people were watching the same race I was...

So Danica was screaming? When? About What? Michael was furious? When" (at Sonoma??) About what? Pitting Marco at just the right time to run into Dario?

I mean, no offense, but you wouldn't happen to have a link or perhaps a specific quote or something?
Oh come on. If you watched the race you would have heard Danica shouting and screaming on the radio when she passed Dario and stayed behind him. We also saw Michael annoyed she passed him and the international commentators of Gary Lee and Larry Rice said that. If you didn't see or hear that, that isn't my problem.
Old 14 Sep 2007, 12:28 (Ref:2012650)   #40
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
I disagree, he was running about 2 seconds back from the pack, i.e, not in the draft, he only caught up when the front runners had a particular problem getting past a backmarker.
He did slip back a bit but that was because the penskes and ganassis were drafting each other and Dario missed the draft and fell back '2 seconds'. He could have won anyway that day, but he was saving fuel. To win a race, you must finish the whole distance, not his fault Scott didn't save enough fuel.
Old 15 Sep 2007, 11:11 (Ref:2013518)   #41
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
The Penskes walked by him one at a time at the start of the race with nary a draft to help them.

He had a top 5 car for sure, but not an obvious race winner.
Old 15 Sep 2007, 12:03 (Ref:2013556)   #42
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to Dario, i was so pleased to see him finally get a championship to his name.

he drove the race perfect, he new he had to save fuel, and still had some in reserve at the end, no he didnt run out of fuel on the line, he stopped the car on the main straight having done another lap, then got restarted and drove into the pits, dixon ran at the front and used more fuel, he ran out.

dario was quick, at the end when it mattered he was on it, and even if dixon did make the last turn, i personally think with the draft he gained he may have pull off the mopve anyway to take the championship.

a great driver, who has deserved much more in his career, WELL DONE!!!