Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the day?
Button 59 42.45%
Vettel 3 2.16%
Hamilton 0 0%
Webber 0 0%
Alonso 16 11.51%
Kobayashi 7 5.04%
Raikkonen 14 10.07%
Perez 17 12.23%
Ricciardo 7 5.04%
di Resta 0 0%
Vergne 0 0%
Rosberg 0 0%
Maldonado 13 9.35%
Glock 0 0%
Pic 0 0%
Senna 0 0%
Massa 0 0%
Kovalainen 0 0%
Petrov 0 0%
Schumacher 1 0.72%
Grosjean 2 1.44%
Hulkenberg 0 0%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Mar 2012, 07:48 (Ref:3043716)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race : Australian GP

Who is your driver of the race?
Old 18 Mar 2012, 07:51 (Ref:3043720)   #2
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Alonso was pretty good getting the Ferrari home in 5th.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 07:56 (Ref:3043723)   #3
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I went for Alonso too.

Kobayashi and Perez both did really well. But will Sauber slip back as other teams gain ground? Sauber are such a good team. They consistently start seasons well.

Button was brilliant.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 08:02 (Ref:3043731)   #4
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!

Maldonado for 99.5% of the race....
Old 18 Mar 2012, 08:04 (Ref:3043735)   #5
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There were quite a few good drives. As much as I really don't rate him, on lap 57 I would have voted Maldonado but then he decided to needlessly stuff it into the wall.

Alonso drove very well to get more than should be possible out a dog of a car, but he always does that. So, my vote goes to Perez. He should've been 7th however, 22nd to 8th was a fantastic achievement after another mammoth stint on one set of tyres (just like last year).

Button and Raikonnen get honourable mentions too.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 08:06 (Ref:3043736)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Jenson because he is British.

What? It is the 'joke' that never dies.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 08:58 (Ref:3043759)   #7
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maldonado was a bit ragged at times (collision with Grosjean seemed unnecessary when Grosjean had left him plenty of space, and he ran wide at one point too).

I'd give it to Alonso. Hammered his teammate yesterday and today, and did well to hang onto his position at the end. It's nice to see him performing well in a crap car, but Ferrari really do need to give him a good car.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 09:13 (Ref:3043767)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Could have gone for Button, because he is British but went for Kimi. A good solid drive, after his lengthy sabbatical. I didn't see him put a wheel wrong.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 09:36 (Ref:3043780)   #9
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gotta go to Perez, wonderful work with the same strategy as last year. Button obviously was very good as well and Vettel too.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 09:37 (Ref:3043781)   #10
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good race, highlighted here by the variety of DOR.

Koby for me
Old 18 Mar 2012, 09:53 (Ref:3043792)   #11
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perez gutsy strategy and drive .
Old 18 Mar 2012, 10:38 (Ref:3043816)   #12
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Considering how highly I rate Hamilton, I'd have to give it to Button. It is difficult to believe that nobody put this man in a competitive car until 2009.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 10:40 (Ref:3043817)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alonso because he likes paella.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 10:42 (Ref:3043820)   #14
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Jenson because he is British.

What? It is the 'joke' that never dies.
I see a flaw in your logic sir.

Voting for Hamilton "because he is British" I can understand.

But backing the winner is a very un-British thing to do.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 10:42 (Ref:3043822)   #15
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Considering how highly I rate Hamilton, I'd have to give it to Button. It is difficult to believe that nobody put this man in a competitive car until 2009.
All those years of racing in not very competative cars have really honed his race craft. He is a very smooth driver and that combined with his uncanny sense of how to use the tyres is what makes him stand out.

It's very early days yet but I would like to see him win the title again.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 10:46 (Ref:3043826)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think what you have to remember as well with Button is he has had those chastening years. He has had the times where he surrendered to the flashy boats and celebrity circuit. He has had the seasons where he has been bettered by Fisichella and Barrichello. He is mature and the better for it and is an example to Hamilton, who is having the same issues and will come through.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 11:00 (Ref:3043833)   #17
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Was gutted when Maldonado stuffed it, and i thought he was a bit naughty on Grosjean. But as he didn't finish the race gonna have to give it Jenson. Peerless today!
Old 18 Mar 2012, 11:06 (Ref:3043835)   #18
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso for a good result in a doggy car , mentions for Button, Perez , Koby and the Iceman . I dont rate Maldonado that much but he impressed me today until he binned it !!!!
Old 18 Mar 2012, 11:13 (Ref:3043838)   #19
£123
Rookie

Antarctica
£123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crashonado drove brilliantly for most of the race, so he'll get my vote out of sympathy. Very underrated driver anyway. Outperformed Barrichello for most of last season and had a few really good drives in an otherwise really bad car. Didn't show in the points though due to some bad luck (Hamilton t-bone etc).
Old 18 Mar 2012, 11:41 (Ref:3043847)   #20
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
i've been captain obvious and voted for J Button - smooth, controlled, drove away from his team mate (& everyone else) and did it all with class. Very, very good way to start the season.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 12:07 (Ref:3043856)   #21
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kobiyashi for me - some good clean moves and some intelligent defending against Kimi (who gets an honourable mention). I'm another who would have gone for Maldonado up to the last lap.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 12:20 (Ref:3043862)   #22
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know the poll is to pick one driver. But, since I can express it this way in a thread, I'll display it using a Brownlow Medal count...

3 votes F.Alonso Ferrari
2 votes K.Raikkonen Lotus
1 vote J.Button Mclaren

Quote:
You can look at it that way. However, I thought, at the time and for a few years after, he was put in GP prematurely in the first place.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 12:28 (Ref:3043867)   #23
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
You can look at it that way. However, I thought, at the time and for a few years after, he was put in GP prematurely in the first place.
If he hadn't been given a shot in 2000, he'd have been knackered. He was all out of money after British F3 and had no backing to continue. If he hadn't impressed in the Prost test, and subsequently beat Junqueira to the Williams drive, he probably would never have reached F1.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 12:45 (Ref:3043871)   #24
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If he hadn't been given a shot in 2000, he'd have been knackered. He was all out of money after British F3 and had no backing to continue. If he hadn't impressed in the Prost test, and subsequently beat Junqueira to the Williams drive, he probably would never have reached F1.
This. The money wasn't there for a truly competitive BF3 drive in 1999 so he had to take the F1 drive. He would have been a fool not too. Anyway, I've always rated Button.

Raikonnen certainly looked very good for a driver who has been out of the fold for a while.

It's a shame that Schumacher went out so early. He has looked impressive so far through testing/practice/qualifying. Rosberg faded quite badly but Schumacher appears to be the better racer of the two anyway. I think a top 5 was certainly on the cards for him, probably behind Webber and ahead of Alonso. Thoughts?
Old 18 Mar 2012, 13:29 (Ref:3043890)   #25
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!