3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Mar 2012, 13:11 (Ref:3043882)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Race : Australian GP

Rate the race...
Old 18 Mar 2012, 13:31 (Ref:3043892)   #2
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just above average for action. Intriguing at times but not too much real strategy from the top teams. The SC helped Red Bull massively. There were some entertaining battles further down the field but not much overtaking during the middle of the race. A nice set-up for the season to come though.

6 from me.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 16:05 (Ref:3043967)   #3
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty good race for a road coarse and for being the season opener. Lots of action, and anticipating the unknowns of who's car is good and who's isn't, tires, new drivers etc. I rate it an 8. I could think of many worse races which is another reason I rated it high.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 16:36 (Ref:3043982)   #4
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
very good race for me. so i scored it 8 also
Old 18 Mar 2012, 16:54 (Ref:3044004)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Some action here and there among the middle order but pretty dull up front.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 17:26 (Ref:3044027)   #6
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Very interesting first 10 or so laps, then it kinda lulled for most of the middle. Some interest at the end. Was an OK race. 7 from me.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 17:30 (Ref:3044031)   #7
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
7 - A decent enough race. It kept threatening to turn into a very good race, but it never quite happened.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 17:35 (Ref:3044037)   #8
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A 7. Decent enough race. Vettel did some good passing. Kimi was back to his old magic ways. Kobayashi provided entertainment as well.

A decent opening race.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 18:46 (Ref:3044081)   #9
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A strong 7 , good action even upto the last corner of the last lap.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 20:06 (Ref:3044139)   #10
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
A decent start to the season.. 6
Old 19 Mar 2012, 00:32 (Ref:3044315)   #11
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very exciting, lots happening: I gave it 9. Without the safety car, it might have been a 10.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 00:35 (Ref:3044318)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
6 for me also...
Old 19 Mar 2012, 01:11 (Ref:3044347)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
7 for me. But the potential is there for some really cracking racing at the next few venues.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 01:21 (Ref:3044352)   #14
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good start to the season and remained interesting despite it being a somewhat boring track. Bodes well for Malaysia this Sunday. 7
Old 19 Mar 2012, 12:32 (Ref:3044597)   #15
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I gave it a 9, which is normally something I would only dream about giving a race if there was lots of great drives, lots of action and plenty of scrapping.

Ah well there we are then!!
Old 19 Mar 2012, 12:46 (Ref:3044607)   #16
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
8 - bodes well for the rest of the season.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 10:20 (Ref:3045217)   #17
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
7, roll on Malaysia and a slightly more respectable breakfast time!
Old 20 Mar 2012, 10:47 (Ref:3045237)   #18
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went for 5, it was pretty average. I think it was spoiled a bit by the safety car coming out, it would have been interesting to see what Vettel and Webber could have done without the safety car helping them past Hamilton and Alonso respectively. It was very processional until the mess on the final lap as well.

Edit: wow, 5 is the lowest score? Surprised by that. What are you going to give genuinely exciting races?
Old 20 Mar 2012, 11:18 (Ref:3045255)   #19
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The race itself i give a 7 ,tight track tight racing little overtaking great finish. I haven't seen so many people at the GP since 2002 when Webber made his first appearance in F1, the off track entertainment was fantastic especially the Crusty Demons or the Orb of Death .i have to say the Melbourne GP corp. really got their act together this year.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 11:20 (Ref:3045259)   #20
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
This is my first post on this site. I must say I'm so surprised at how easily pleased some people are. This is reflected in the huge variation in scoring, some saying boring, some saying awesome.

I suppose it's all down to expectation levels.To some viewers the wait for the first race is like the wait for Xmas for little kids - the relief comes gushing out in hyperbole. To others, more cynical perhaps, it's the same

old let-down.

I always record it on Sky+, preferring the reliability (perceived?) of the BBC, but I had to fast-forward the last few laps. I've lost track of the number of times I've had to do that to prevent sleep over the years. I've tries to analyse what's wrong, and believe it to be a combination of the noise (really high revs means a sort of high bee-buzzing screech in my opinion), and the slot-car cornering.

Being able to see the drivers at work would really help, but the cars may as well be remote-controlled (some would say they are). I watch every race and about two or three each season are what I would call exciting.

I can't see how some of the rating scores can be justified.

By the way, how can the parked car on the finishing straight have justified a safety-car. It wasn't on the driving line.JB could've lost the race after that.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 11:46 (Ref:3045274)   #21
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 - no competitive lead changes after the start, to me that a bit boring and uncompetitive, and McLaren said they could have gone faster. Luckily the there were a few interesting fights throughout the field

lap chart
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/sport/champ...lap_chart.aspx
Old 20 Mar 2012, 14:00 (Ref:3045373)   #22
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Well, 6. I enjoyed Mclaren deposing Red Bull, I enjoyed Schumacher's competitiveness albeit it was not to last. It wasn't a classic but despite being knackered at the hour and suffering from a slightly somersaulting stomach, I was kept drawn to the race for the duration.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 14:41 (Ref:3045391)   #23
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
This is my first post on this site. I must say I'm so surprised at how easily pleased some people are. This is reflected in the huge variation in scoring, some saying boring, some saying awesome.
7 for me. i suppose everyone has their own scale but i base mine on my entertainment level in general and not in relation to other races. naturally i really like F1 so i enjoy myself more than average (a 5) so every race gets a bump from that if that makes any sense.

on that note though i remember giving Button's first win of 2009 in the Brawn either a 9 or 10 simply because it was something i had never seen before. i was riveted. now a few years on a Button win is somewhat more ordinary...and that might be the best compliment i can give him.
Old 21 Mar 2012, 23:37 (Ref:3046276)   #24
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!

I was tempted to give it an 8, but that would unrealistic for the race itself (it would more be a reflection of my happiness at the season starting again).

If it is a portent for the season, then I would say we are in pretty good shape.
Old 22 Mar 2012, 04:39 (Ref:3046350)   #25
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10. It's been a long winter.