Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which is your team of the race?
McLaren-Mercedes 24 46.15%
Red Bull Racing-Renault 0 0%
Sauber-Ferrari 20 38.46%
Ferrari 0 0%
Lotus-Renault 2 3.85%
STR-Ferrari 0 0%
Force India-Mercedes 0 0%
Mercedes 1 1.92%
Williams-Renault 3 5.77%
Marussia-Cosworth 2 3.85%
Caterham-Renault 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Mar 2012, 16:04 (Ref:3043966)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team of the race: Australian Grand Prix

A new poll, which is your team of the race?

In the same way as the driver of the race poll can take account of factors such as good comebacks after adversity or the overall most credible performance, you can vote likewise here. You don't just have to consider the sum of the two drivers' performances, but can evaluate the overall team performance, including strategy and pace of the car. As with the driver of the race poll, the criteria are yours.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 16:34 (Ref:3043981)   #2
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mclaren

Car had brilliant pace
supreme pit work with the double stop, unfortunately the safety car prevented the team potentially earning a 1-2 finish.

Honourable mention to Sauber though
Old 18 Mar 2012, 16:38 (Ref:3043986)   #3
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
McLaren, nothing short of superb !
Old 18 Mar 2012, 16:49 (Ref:3043997)   #4
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sauber got the honours for me
Old 18 Mar 2012, 16:55 (Ref:3044005)   #5
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As much as McLaren were excellent today, I had to give it to Sauber, a great weekend all round for the plucky Swiss team.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 17:07 (Ref:3044015)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
McLaren.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 17:32 (Ref:3044034)   #7
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
McLaren - Would've cruised to a comfortable one-two were it not for a badly-timed SC.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 17:33 (Ref:3044035)   #8
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
McLaren. Got qualifying 1-2. Only just missed out on a 1-2 in the race and they did a superb 'one after another' pitstop. They seemed very strong.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3044112)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was thinking it might be Mercedes, but boy did they have a bad race. Flattered to deceive.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 20:29 (Ref:3044169)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
HRT, for actually getting two containers worth of bits and pieces into a car-like shape, running them, and only being 1 second off the 107% rule....

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 18 Mar 2012, 21:11 (Ref:3044185)   #11
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll go with Marussia, no testing to speak of, they kept their noses clean and brought both cars home in one of their best ever race results. This result for them could be vital by the end of the season.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 23:35 (Ref:3044283)   #12
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I went for Sauber, because with more humble resources than many, they consistently start seasons well. Plus, as with last year, they can make tyres last a long time, an awesome skill. I'd love to see them finally keep up the momentum throughout the year, but they always seem to slip back.

9-8 McLaren to Sauber at the moment.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 00:12 (Ref:3044299)   #13
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
McLaren. The McLaren/Button tyre strategy was brilliant and we've seen this before. Who is ever coordinating this with Button, Whitmarsh should just let them get on with it as it has and does produce results.

The car itself is interesting, in that it doesn't have the ugly stepped nose, which most teams have adopted.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 00:57 (Ref:3044338)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Aren't we missing one ???

McLaren, no doubt.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 01:07 (Ref:3044343)   #15
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

GTRMagic went for them, but they weren't in the race itself so I didn't put them in.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 01:08 (Ref:3044344)   #16
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
McLaren. But Lotus are in there somewhere, and if they should show something similar in Malaysia, then I might be voting for another team next time.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 01:41 (Ref:3044361)   #17
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

It's taken me all weekend, but when someone mentions Lotus, I now finally think of the artists formally known as Renault, Benetton and Toleman.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 09:47 (Ref:3044493)   #18
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went for Sauber. Solid points for both drivers
Old 19 Mar 2012, 10:01 (Ref:3044505)   #19
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Really surprised i'm the only one who went for Williams, tbh!

Selby
Old 19 Mar 2012, 10:06 (Ref:3044510)   #20
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Sauber - given their resources it was an impressive start to the season for them. McLaren obviously very good too, good to see Williams looking in better shape as well. Ferrari and Mercedes seem to have polar opposite problems - Ferrari couldn't get the car to work in qualifying and Mercedes were terrible in the race. (at least one Ferrari was good in the race - what the hell happened to Felipe?). Lotus look to have a useful car too, the midfield scraps look like they'll be tight all year with a whole bunch on a similar pace.

The Force India didn't seem as good as I thought it would be and the Caterham didn't seem to have closed up into the midfield. Kudos to marussia for the double finish - pretty good considering how little running they've done. HRT? Oh dear. It's no good turning up with an Airfix kit chaps.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 10:09 (Ref:3044512)   #21
Hesketh
Racer

Hesketh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sauber, hop Schwyz, hop hop!
Old 19 Mar 2012, 10:11 (Ref:3044514)   #22
Jordan 199
Rookie

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Jordan 199 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McLaren - they seem to have turned things up a notch, and hopefully their battle with Red Bull will be on more of an equal footing. They were a safety car away from a 1-2 which would have been something.

Honourable mention for Sauber though. Qualifying made them look a bit like a lost cause but the midfield is so very very close at the moment. A great points haul - Perez did a great job, and Kobayashi looked back to his old self.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 12:50 (Ref:3044611)   #23
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
McLaren for obvious reasons.
Sauber impressed too.
Williams look like they have built a decent car at last, and I hope that I will be able to vote for them at some point in the near future and Lotus will be worth keeping an eye on.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 14:15 (Ref:3044659)   #24
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Really surprised i'm the only one who went for Williams, tbh!
I wonder whether it's a flash in the pan points-wise. Still, at least they don't seem to have a recalcitrant car this time round.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 14:20 (Ref:3044663)   #25
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
I'll go with Marussia, no testing to speak of, they kept their noses clean and brought both cars home in one of their best ever race results. This result for them could be vital by the end of the season.
this. it was the first time it ran on 2012 spec tyres and there were no major gremlins the whole weekend. excellent effort by charles pic - no testing in the new car, just thrown in the deep end and not only did he finish, he kept it on the track as well.

once they've worked it out a bit more could they even trouble caterham? (ngl, typed lotus there...)