Old 24 Mar 2012, 21:47 (Ref:3047675)   #51
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
I'm hoping one of our Aussie friends can help me out here - I've just arrived in Sydney and right now I'm not 100% certain if it's Sunday or July, however can someone tell me when and where (and if, I guess) in terms of channels I'll be be able to watch the race live?

Thanks in advance
Live, it will be on One, 6.30pm or you can catch a replay on ch 10 about 11.00pm
Old 24 Mar 2012, 23:04 (Ref:3047691)   #52
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
He's certainly shared some of the credit for it and rightly so but its not solely down to his own intuition IMO. I remember Oz 2010 where he apparently made the call to go onto dry tyres early and the BBC and others made out he made the call completely on his own. It turned out in the following days his engineer had suggested a 3 lap window for dry tyres and Button had chosen that very same lap as he recieved the message. As I say he deserves credit but not solely.
Indeed, but Jenson just seems to "know" when the time is right. Lewis must be given the same information, but it either doesn't work for him or he doesn't make the right call.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 01:09 (Ref:3047719)   #53
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke g28 View Post
A damn shame we didnt have MSC and LH on the front row
I think that Hamilton probably thinks that Schumacher is just fine where he is.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 01:51 (Ref:3047723)   #54
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest View Post
Any way, it will be interesting to see whether Mercedes-Benz is capable of maintaining their positions.
Is it possible that the Mercedes performs above its pace in qualifying, because it gains more from the F-duct-DRS-wing-thing? In quali, you can use DRS whenever you like, hence more gain from the wing that isn't there in the race.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 07:38 (Ref:3047741)   #55
Pigboy5
Rookie

Australia
Pigboy5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi

Hi,im a newie here but some might know me from my jtv channel which i did the Aussie GP and V8's from,i agree with Dead Eye,i think they need to bin the idea of DRS available all track during practice and qualifying,just practice it in the DRS zone,but as usuall i fear it will be stopped if anything bad happens ,like a huge crash.Do you also think the loss of the blown diffuser has brought Red bull back to the pack in all round performance?Looks like Red Bull have dropped down a peg or 2 in the pecking order.Go mark webber in Malaysia.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 07:44 (Ref:3047743)   #56
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like its going to rain. Should make it interesting
Old 25 Mar 2012, 07:52 (Ref:3047746)   #57
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome Pigboy5.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 07:58 (Ref:3047747)   #58
SilverSpeed
Racer

Australia
Australia
SilverSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lol ONE/Ten in Australian picked up the BBC commentary feed by mistake instead of the Sky Sports feed....whoops.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 08:00 (Ref:3047748)   #59
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are you all having trouble with the chat?
http://tiny.cc/tenthschat
Old 25 Mar 2012, 08:12 (Ref:3047750)   #60
SilverSpeed
Racer

Australia
Australia
SilverSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
I'm hoping one of our Aussie friends can help me out here - I've just arrived in Sydney and right now I'm not 100% certain if it's Sunday or July, however can someone tell me when and where (and if, I guess) in terms of channels I'll be be able to watch the race live?

Thanks in advance

Sorry for our ****weak coverage.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 08:13 (Ref:3047751)   #61
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think Alonso saw Hulkenberg coming there in the pitlane, because he seemed to get released into his path. Maybe it was just well judged by Ferrari.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 08:19 (Ref:3047753)   #62
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Red flags then the Safety Car. Bit of confusion?
Old 25 Mar 2012, 08:23 (Ref:3047754)   #63
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Now red flags?
Old 25 Mar 2012, 08:24 (Ref:3047755)   #64
Bernard Bram
Racer

Bernard Bram has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Pussies, all of them. just tell race control to FRO and race!
Old 25 Mar 2012, 08:27 (Ref:3047756)   #65
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone having problem with the chat
Old 25 Mar 2012, 08:29 (Ref:3047757)   #66
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Catingaround should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ujoint View Post
anyone having problem with the chat
yep
Old 25 Mar 2012, 08:30 (Ref:3047758)   #67
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Quick, someone wake Cougar
Old 25 Mar 2012, 08:31 (Ref:3047759)   #68
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
When you see the problem, you need to enter #motorsport into channel.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 08:32 (Ref:3047760)   #69
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
When you see the problem, you need to enter #motorsport into channel.
thanks, but I think it's down
Old 25 Mar 2012, 08:34 (Ref:3047761)   #70
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Indeed, but Jenson just seems to "know" when the time is right. Lewis must be given the same information, but it either doesn't work for him or he doesn't make the right call.
Alot of luck has to be applied to any call I think. Lewis has had some equally impressive wins in the wet in the past and personally I don't think its a worry for him.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 08:35 (Ref:3047762)   #71
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
bummer for Vettel having to go to inters at the start, would have been fun to see the tires play out
Old 25 Mar 2012, 08:38 (Ref:3047765)   #72
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Someone slid wide. Better stop this madness!
Old 25 Mar 2012, 08:41 (Ref:3047768)   #73
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks for the reply on chat. appears the main server is out. here is a stream link for race enjoy. http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/1...main-race.html

by the way it is only raining rain not fire and stone. get back in them cars and drive.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 08:41 (Ref:3047769)   #74
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Often Jenson is behind when he makes the calls, so perhaps there is usually less for him to lose. Not doubting, obviously his experience is a big help too. But making tyre calls when leading must be the hardest thing in the world at times because it can ruin everything.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 08:42 (Ref:3047771)   #75
prestonsau
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane, Australia /China
prestonsau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Live Timing online

Last race we were working at F1 Melbourne, and I tried to get the app updated on my Blackberry and they wanted AU$20 and the reviews were very negative.

This week we are in Tasmania just finished the Longford Revival - a magic event, and can't even get live timing on the laptop. 'major sever error or some such'

Not happy, any suggestions? Speed? Will try F1live.

Blue Flag meaning: There's a race going on an you're not in it!