Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Nov 2018, 07:55 (Ref:3861299)   #126
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Position Vacant at Tripple 888
Spin doctor:

to make Tripple 888 great again.

https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...k-in-incident/

https://www.supercars.com/videos/cha...won-that-race/

https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...r-online-calm/

Please apply and tell us how not to be seen like a bunch of .............................
Old 6 Nov 2018, 07:56 (Ref:3861300)   #127
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I don't understand why people get so mad about an outcome to a sporting event.

I don't feel any poorer for how the NZ event played out, in any way, shape, or form. There are bigger things in life to worry about, than how a catagory goes about its racing.
Who's getting mad? I'm not. But discussing whether motorsport officials screwed up does interest me, and whether the rules are tight enough not to require "discretion" is also of interest. What does annoy me is when "interpretations" are made incorrectly, and then become the benchmark. Doesn't the sport benefit if this crap is sorted out?
Old 6 Nov 2018, 07:58 (Ref:3861302)   #128
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
What stops you from telling the official EVERY time before a pitstop that the clutch us dicky and might spin the wheels when in the air?
Exactly, and that's the problem with "discretion" over and above what the rule states. There are a few here who can't see that though.
Old 6 Nov 2018, 08:10 (Ref:3861304)   #129
f351c
Rookie

f351c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Telemetry?

Also, there's nothing to be gained from it, regardless.
No advantage to be gained from it? Let's not forget that this whole rule was introduced as part of a crackdown on low fuel consumption tunes when FPR had gained an advantage in the area and there was good reason to stop an expensive arms race developing.

The entire rule was written preciseley to stop the practise of spinning the wheels as the cars were dropped.

1/4 of a turn which is then stopped while the car is still in the air might be tolerable. The only reason the wheels stopped when they did on #97 was because the car hit the deck.
Old 6 Nov 2018, 08:10 (Ref:3861305)   #130
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Is every single pitstop by every team filmed?.
Old 6 Nov 2018, 08:19 (Ref:3861306)   #131
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Did you not watch the TV coverage? It usually is if you are a championship contender.
Old 6 Nov 2018, 08:24 (Ref:3861309)   #132
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 6 Nov 2018, 08:52 (Ref:3861313)   #133
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Who's getting mad? I'm not. But discussing whether motorsport officials screwed up does interest me, and whether the rules are tight enough not to require "discretion" is also of interest. What does annoy me is when "interpretations" are made incorrectly, and then become the benchmark. Doesn't the sport benefit if this crap is sorted out?
It's their sandpit.

They can do what they like with it.
Old 6 Nov 2018, 09:16 (Ref:3861315)   #134
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All of the team managers complaining, ie Ryan Story can debate rules. Ryan Story is a board member. However they are all conspicuously silent when the rules benefit them. I notice Barry Ryan didn't complain in Adelaide....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 6 Nov 2018, 17:33 (Ref:3861396)   #135
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
All of the team managers complaining, ie Ryan Story can debate rules. Ryan Story is a board member. However they are all conspicuously silent when the rules benefit them. I notice Barry Ryan didn't complain in Adelaide....

Or the first time at Bathurst…….
Old 6 Nov 2018, 20:51 (Ref:3861449)   #136
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Also, there's nothing to be gained from it, regardless.
You mean other than the tenth it takes for brain to realise car is on ground and you can release the clutch and hit the loud pedal? Which could mean getting out of the lane in front of someone?

Isn't this a game of tenths? The field is covered by tenths? Mssrs Skaife and Crompton seem to think so.
Old 6 Nov 2018, 21:10 (Ref:3861457)   #137
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anybody who does it will be brought in front of stewards, telemetry viewed, loud pedal rather obvious.

Old 7 Nov 2018, 05:58 (Ref:3861541)   #138
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So if we let the stewards know the brakes are a bit dodgy, we can speed into the entry of pitlane too? Who gives a rat's if his clutch was buggered? Stiff! The rules are the rules, surely?
Old 7 Nov 2018, 06:02 (Ref:3861542)   #139
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
So if we let the stewards know the brakes are a bit dodgy, we can speed into the entry of pitlane too? Who gives a rat's if his clutch was buggered? Stiff! The rules are the rules, surely?
There's no discretion in that rule other than a measuring tolerance, which only the Stewards know.

Also if your brakes are dodgy you should probably get a meatball.... Speaking of which I guess I am feeding the troll.
Old 9 Nov 2018, 08:19 (Ref:3861930)   #140
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
DJRTP Never Expected To Win Protest

Vexatious Protest? Will they be sanctioned by VASA?

888 Is Not Amused!!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 9 Nov 2018, 09:22 (Ref:3861937)   #141
Mixer
Veteran

Second time DJRTP protest something, don't like the result and then want to try the officials by media.
Old 9 Nov 2018, 19:57 (Ref:3862046)   #142
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not the first team to lodge a protest and use the media to push the result. Phillip island 2006 springs to mind.

Old 11 Nov 2018, 23:30 (Ref:3862619)   #143
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
DJRTP Never Expected To Win Protest

Vexatious Protest? Will they be sanctioned by VASA?

888 Is Not Amused!!
Dutto does appear to like to be less than exact when making pronouncements like this but what exactly should have warranted a disqualification or a drive through???