Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 4 Jan 2007, 17:06 (Ref:1806355)   #26
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They may have a website with information on there? When I joined 7oaks I downloaded application form and sent it in.

If not there must be contact details for someone connected with it somewhere (not sure where you found info?) and sure if you gave them a call they'd be able to help.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 17:38 (Ref:1806388)   #27
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.rhyldmc.co.uk

theres contact info on there and on the first link I posted
Old 4 Jan 2007, 17:39 (Ref:1806390)   #28
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Try here....http://www.msauk.org/site/cms/conten...bSearch%2Easpx

If it's the wrong club or the link doesn't work go to msauk.org and select Clubs from the list on the left.

Get on and do it!

Edited to add....damn must type faster...
Old 4 Jan 2007, 17:40 (Ref:1806393)   #29
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you actually go direct to here you can apply online DJ - may just need to check rates though as says the rates on there are up to 31.12.06.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 18:23 (Ref:1806444)   #30
minifox
Racer

England
milton keynes
minifox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HI,
i thought id post in here as im going through a similiar process only im 15 and have been now doing this for 2 years,

i started because my family are in motorsport which was a great help but i thought i would share what i did in the hope it would help:

when i was in year 8 i had a science teacher called barry pomfret who was my dads friend from a long time ago i got talking to him and asked about helping at silverstone as it is very close to me. at first he wasnt too keen on the idea as i was only young but eventually he gave in and took me to a race and let me watch and clean bodywork and wheels which is
essentually what u will have to start with. this is important because he races alot at silverstone which is close. my advice with this is that you when you can drive or when you can get there is find out when oulton park have a locally run race meeeting or a race meeting that runs alot there. go to it and ask the teams about a hand especially the one man shows who turn up and race and run thereselves as they are the ones who need help i started with no experience no tools no nothing just my willing enthusiastic self. i was lucky in that after a while i began to get payed and that was a big bonus but i really didnt mind doing it with or without pay as i love the sport.

when you do find a person expect the worse jobs such as cleaning the wheels or the bodywork but when they are happy you can do the work it will become more obvious and you will gain trust.

im now 15 and through contacts i help fred goddard racing occasionally when they are testing or at silverstone with a variety of cars and was lucky to be allowed to do my work experience there,

my situations was slightly different to you but speaking from someone who is still in this process i think that if you went along to a local club meeting and asked the people if they needed a hand for free they will be happy to accept if need. but you have to remember that you are a stranger so they may not be happy straight away so you may have to persist in the process but always be kind ad respectfull and show them how much the raicng means to you. any jobs they do give you do it with a smile on your face and they will be glad you are there and you will gain there trust

as for your further education as im not at that position i would not knwo what is best for you

so theres my 2 pence/pages worth of advice info and everything else iv thrown in

sorry if there is spelling mistakes or gramma problems but i hope it will help you out an i wish you the best of luck

thanks alot

lewis
Old 4 Jan 2007, 19:03 (Ref:1806482)   #31
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good post and good advice minifox.
Old 7 Jan 2007, 19:47 (Ref:1809023)   #32
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there has been a major change in my circumstances, i dont just badly want a job in motorsport now, i basically need a job were ever.

allow me to explain.

today i went into work to find out some birk changed my shift's (again) without notifying me, and to make matters even worse i am on a temporary contract in next which is NOT going to be renewed in 4 weeks time , when , the contract expires.

at this present time i am officialy in a state of panic, i may have to sell my peugeot 106 which i have only had for 3 months, and that means the £1,650 i spent on insurance will be gone.

you guys and gals on here have really helped me and, i honestly believe i could get a job in motorsport whether im paid or not, i thank all of you for helping me and being kind and courteous.

thank you all
Old 7 Jan 2007, 19:51 (Ref:1809028)   #33
Suze
Veteran

England
Sorry to hear that but maybe not a bad thing as you didn't seem completely happy there...

I know absolutely nothing at all about Old Colwyn, where it is (bar Wales!) etc but suggest even applying for job in local supermarket etc may be a good idea? There's normally quite a few PT jobs around and you may have one over others as you already have some work experience.

In the meantime keep looking out for what you can do paid or unpaid in motorsport and hope that gets you somewhere too!
Old 7 Jan 2007, 19:57 (Ref:1809038)   #34
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
today i went into work to find out some birk changed my shift's (again) without notifying me, and to make matters even worse i am on a temporary contract in next which is NOT going to be renewed in 4 weeks time , when , the contract expires.
There is always Blockbusters, but wherever you apply for a job please try and improve your grammar, punctuation and use of capital letters.