Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2022 Repco Championship Series?
#2 Mobil 1 nti Nick Percat WAU Holden 1 4.55%
#3 CoolDrive Autoparts Tim Slade TBR Ford 0 0%
#4 SCT Logistics Jack Smith BJR Holden 0 0%
#5 TBC James Courtney Tickford Ford 0 0%
#6 Monster Energy Cameron Waters Tickford Ford 0 0%
#8 R&J Batteries Andre Heimgartner BJR Holden 0 0%
#9 Boost Mobile Will Brown Erebus Holden 2 9.09%
#10 Penrite Lee Holdsworth KGR Ford 0 0%
#11 Shell V-Power Anton De Pasquale DJR Ford 3 13.64%
#14 Middys Bryce Fullwood BJR Holden 0 0%
#17 Shell V-Power Will Davison DJR Ford 0 0%
#18 IRWIN Tools Mark Winterbottom T18 Holden 0 0%
#20 TBC Scott Pye T18 Holden 0 0%
#22 Coca Cola Chris Pither PremiAir Holden 0 0%
#25 Mobil 1 Optus Chaz Mostert WAU Holden 2 9.09%
#26 Penrite David Reynolds KGR Ford 0 0%
#34 Truck Assist Jack Le Brocq MSR Holden 0 0%
#35 Truck Assist Todd Hazelwood MSR Holden 1 4.55%
#55 Castrol Thomas Randle Tickford Ford 0 0%
#56 Tradie Jake Kostecki Tickford Ford 0 0%
#76 Subway Garry Jacobson PremiAir Holden 0 0%
#88 Red Bull Ampol Broc Feeney 888 Holden 0 0%
#96 Automotive Superstore Macauley Jones BJR Holden 0 0%
#97 Red Bull Ampol Shane van Gisbergen 888 Holden 13 59.09%
#99 Boost Mobile Brodie Kostecki Erebus Holden 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Feb 2022, 23:09 (Ref:4099682)   #376
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Please no. Can we have someone who can actually string a sentence together?
John Hindhaugh has made a career in motorsport commentary without ever forming a proper sentence.
Old 21 Feb 2022, 23:33 (Ref:4099684)   #377
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed. Just because Charli is moving on there is no need to step back to Riana.
Surely there is someone else capable..... and why does it need to be female? Always feels like some sort of quota, just pick the best person for the role.
Old 22 Feb 2022, 00:01 (Ref:4099685)   #378
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Charli was Skaife in his drag outfit.
Old 22 Feb 2022, 07:45 (Ref:4099710)   #379
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
I thought Charli was Skaife in his drag outfit.
What is Garry Rogers up to?

Or we could have Richard Wilkins son

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 22 Feb 2022, 16:55 (Ref:4099757)   #380
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Doesn't Garry Rogers do podcasts now or is that someone else? The coverage of the series is usually quite good anyway, so hope they maintain that this year
Old 22 Feb 2022, 18:32 (Ref:4099773)   #381
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Doesn't Garry Rogers do podcasts now or is that someone else?
Rogers team GRM run a fleet of cars in TCR, S5000 and Trans-Am
Old 22 Feb 2022, 19:01 (Ref:4099780)   #382
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Doesn't Garry Rogers do podcasts now or is that someone else? The coverage of the series is usually quite good anyway, so hope they maintain that this year
I think the reference to Garry Rogers was in response to Kingair's comment about Charli Robinson being Skaife in drag.... Garry Rogers has been known to throw a frock on at race meetings, as has Richard Wilkins (Aussie Breakfast TV presenter for those in Europe who have never heard of him) son been known to pop a frock on in public.

Supercars was a better place with Garry Rogers involved.

Old 23 Feb 2022, 02:34 (Ref:4099832)   #383
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who Will Win?

Now With Poll...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 23 Feb 2022, 10:34 (Ref:4099855)   #384
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I reckon this could be Percat's year
Old 23 Feb 2022, 23:03 (Ref:4099955)   #385
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm don't think so, he can grab a win or two and get a couple of podiums but no way he can be really well in the title fight. I'd say SVG will smash it again, honestly, I don't think anyone will really challenge him.
Old 24 Feb 2022, 00:39 (Ref:4099975)   #386
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As long as that Chinese driver Covid Wuhan doesn’t win.
Old 24 Feb 2022, 01:40 (Ref:4099977)   #387
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Percat and Chaz with wind in his sails is going to make for an extremely strong team this year.

The question really is going to be consistency, lots of people had speed to fight 888 last year, but 888 was more consistent than anybody else through the year so Shane won.
Old 24 Feb 2022, 10:02 (Ref:4100027)   #388
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exactly, there were races in which SVG was unable to win and other teams were stronger. But it was not consistently one team. If SVG and 888 can dominate some races and be consistently up there in other, it's enough to safely clinch titles, unless there's one team/driver as consistent as they are.
Old 24 Feb 2022, 13:18 (Ref:4100057)   #389
S griffin
Veteran

The problem is the others are catching up. SVG is still good, but can he hold on? Yet again his consistency will be key. I am sure someone can match 888 this year, maybe there will be a couple. I don't expect it to be as easy for 888/SVG this year
Old 24 Feb 2022, 15:35 (Ref:4100092)   #390
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
The problem is the others are catching up. SVG is still good, but can he hold on? Yet again his consistency will be key. I am sure someone can match 888 this year, maybe there will be a couple. I don't expect it to be as easy for 888/SVG this year
I hope you're right! Nothing better than a fierce title battle all year long
Old 24 Feb 2022, 20:48 (Ref:4100146)   #391
Kingair
Veteran

SVG, Anton, Chaz and with some luck Will Brown.

SVG same team different boss, but Mr Consistent should work around that.
The only drama is the new team mate, if Mr Feeney decides to tear up machinery at a high rate of knots- team maybe distracted.

Anton second year at DJR should be confident in both car and team.
Now is the time to shine Anton.

Chaz just keep up that Bathurst performance.

Will, might surprise us all second year in, might be another Ambrose!
Old 25 Feb 2022, 06:00 (Ref:4100173)   #392
S griffin
Veteran

I think we should see 3 or 4 drivers fighting for the championship. Just as long as one team doesn't get a break. Plus the rising starts like Anton and Percat will be fun to watch. Experience vs youth is always fun to watch
Old 25 Feb 2022, 06:16 (Ref:4100177)   #393
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think we should see 3 or 4 drivers fighting for the championship. Just as long as one team doesn't get a break. Plus the rising starts like Anton and Percat will be fun to watch. Experience vs youth is always fun to watch
Percat has been part of the Supercars furniture for over a decade now... first Bathurst in 2010 (also his first win) and full-time since 2014, with his first solo win in 2016. At age of well into his 30's he is not exactly a spring chicken. Admittedly this year is his best opportunity in terms of his ride, but I would class him, with well over 200 Supercars races under his belt, more in the experienced category than a rising star.

Just saying.
Old 26 Feb 2022, 10:37 (Ref:4100352)   #394
S griffin
Veteran

Yes, he has come a long way. He has only recently started to come of age, so if there's still a bit more to come from him, I reckon we could see it this year. Watch Percat go!
Old 26 Feb 2022, 11:59 (Ref:4100362)   #395
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
The Giz is going to slaughter them again! I hope he can go onto a works WEC drive or something soon?

A cut above imho.
Old 26 Feb 2022, 14:35 (Ref:4100399)   #396
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Yes, he has come a long way. He has only recently started to come of age, so if there's still a bit more to come from him, I reckon we could see it this year. Watch Percat go!
He has to best his teamate first. I really dont see that and Mostert to me is a dark horse chance.

I dont see anyone being able to beat SVG. As others have said he is a cut above the rest. Put that in arguably the best car and team and I think its Shane's to lose.
Old 28 Feb 2022, 04:57 (Ref:4100586)   #397
Mixer
Veteran

... Somehow Riana has returned.
Old 28 Feb 2022, 06:11 (Ref:4100588)   #398
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Good on her I reckon - don't mind her work and as she is part of the Supercars "family" really, nice to see her back "home".
Old 28 Feb 2022, 09:36 (Ref:4100605)   #399
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Agreed. Surely for anything non-Bathurst Larkham & Jones suffice in the pits.
Old 28 Feb 2022, 09:42 (Ref:4100610)   #400
S griffin
Veteran

The coverage should be as good as ever this year, glad they've got top quality people doing the broadcast