Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 28 Oct 2020, 07:04 (Ref:4013479)   #2851
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
We have a funny torture here, Terence. Get a DT catalogue, meet heaven and see parts you couldn't even dream about and direct to hell when ordering. After seven unsuccessful attempts, fleabay, bank transfer, paypal, visa, pigeon, I gave up. And had to fight to get my money back. There's something rotten in this racing parts kingdom!
Old 28 Oct 2020, 08:43 (Ref:4013490)   #2852
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

L-G Sjöberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No problems with getting deliveries from Burton or Merlin here to Scandinavia in a short time (4 days with standard delivery, 1-2 days with express). Demon Tweeks is something completely different. Several weeks waiting, and when the shipment finally arrives, it has happened more than once that the contents was not what I had ordered, at least not all of it.
Old 28 Oct 2020, 09:13 (Ref:4013492)   #2853
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
So good to know I'm not alone. I see that sometimes they are nicknamed Demon Thieves on internet. Last time it took several months to have a c € 700 refund.
Old 28 Oct 2020, 09:26 (Ref:4013493)   #2854
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That's a massive shame. I always thought Demon Tweeks had a good reputation. I just wonder what's going on with them to cause this disappointing customer service
Old 28 Oct 2020, 10:54 (Ref:4013512)   #2855
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
That's a massive shame. I always thought Demon Tweeks had a good reputation. I just wonder what's going on with them to cause this disappointing customer service
Jason from Tweeks does sometimes read 10ths or one of his mates will report it to him, hopefully he can give an answer. Personally I never had any problem with them when I ordered from the UK.

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 28 Oct 2020 at 11:04.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 Oct 2020, 11:04 (Ref:4013514)   #2856
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Jason and everyone at Tweeks have always been very helpful to me. One day I will tell you about my last Crash hat purchase. Mrs Delta bought the hat and I bought one at the same time. It all got very confusing but Jason sorted it out. I also remember we were chatting at Portimao and he did not like the lining in my old helmet. Jason sent the lid back and had a new lining fitted FOC. Top Bloke. Not a bad driver either.
Old 28 Oct 2020, 12:33 (Ref:4013528)   #2857
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have always found DT good to deal with and very friendly on the couple of times I've been to their premises.
Old 28 Oct 2020, 12:44 (Ref:4013529)   #2858
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
We have a funny torture here, Terence. Get a DT catalogue, meet heaven and see parts you couldn't even dream about and direct to hell when ordering. After seven unsuccessful attempts, fleabay, bank transfer, paypal, visa, pigeon, I gave up. And had to fight to get my money back. There's something rotten in this racing parts kingdom!
I believe they have an outlet in Italy, if you go to the website you can choose the region. That may be better in the light of Brexit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-G Sjöberg View Post
No problems with getting deliveries from Burton or Merlin here to Scandinavia in a short time (4 days with standard delivery, 1-2 days with express). Demon Tweeks is something completely different. Several weeks waiting, and when the shipment finally arrives, it has happened more than once that the contents was not what I had ordered, at least not all of it.
Quote:
So good to know I'm not alone. I see that sometimes they are nicknamed Demon Thieves on internet. Last time it took several months to have a c € 700 refund.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Frankly I think it is minimal, they are a very popular source so bound to have occasional issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Jason from Tweeks does sometimes read 10ths or one of his mates will report it to him, hopefully he can give an answer. Personally I never had any problem with them when I ordered from the UK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Jason and everyone at Tweeks have always been very helpful to me. One day I will tell you about my last Crash hat purchase. Mrs Delta bought the hat and I bought one at the same time. It all got very confusing but Jason sorted it out. I also remember we were chatting at Portimao and he did not like the lining in my old helmet. Jason sent the lid back and had a new lining fitted FOC. Top Bloke. Not a bad driver either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
I have always found DT good to deal with and very friendly on the couple of times I've been to their premises.
Yup me too, Jason helps out whenever he can which is a good thing but generally I hear very few complaints about their service. I do sometimes hear complaints about the carriers they use, but that's a different issue.
Old 28 Oct 2020, 18:47 (Ref:4013593)   #2859
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

Well, I will stick to my statement that the Demon Tweeks delivery times are very long (maybe they have a strategy of keeping only a limited stock themselves and rely on their subsuppliers). As for refunds, I have only had one issue over the years. I once got a delivery which clearly was ordered by someone else, I returned it and got what I had ordered, but I gave up trying to be reimbursed for the return shipment cost. In the end I opted to try to boycott DT, although I have to admit that I now and then order some (non-critical) items from them.
Old 28 Oct 2020, 19:33 (Ref:4013601)   #2860
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I won't ever try to go through them and dont even pick up a catalogue when visiting a show. The temptation might be too strong to give them another chance!
Old 28 Oct 2020, 19:42 (Ref:4013602)   #2861
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post

I do remember you running the skid pan Max.Happy days.
Blimey that was so long ago I barely remember it myself!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 29 Oct 2020, 00:19 (Ref:4013645)   #2862
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Blimey that was so long ago I barely remember it myself!

weren't you still at the bank when we first met in 1985?
Old 29 Oct 2020, 07:40 (Ref:4013668)   #2863
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I left proper gainful employment in '84 I think. I would have been self-unemployed in 1985, but that's even longer ago and I can't remember. Maybe.

Old 29 Oct 2020, 09:17 (Ref:4013683)   #2864
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I won't ever try to go through them and dont even pick up a catalogue when visiting a show. The temptation might be too strong to give them another chance!
Quite agree,although I will say that DT used to be the best.
Thing I don't get though is the inflated postal
Charges.Merlin can send a half kilo package
and have it here in Germany in a max of four days for around £4or 5.Do other suppliers use an altogether different postal service other than Royal mail ??
Old 29 Oct 2020, 11:59 (Ref:4013709)   #2865
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Cant say about Royal mail, the main issues we have are mainly due to the poor service of the french correspondant! French are experts in big mess, ya no, always ready to give the lesson…*
Because you too use a Mk II Capri, I absolutely dont recommend the very special TCA sold by RD. The last pair lasted less than twenty minutes! Very special huh… Satisfied with the Maxtorq brake discs they supply tho.
Old 29 Oct 2020, 18:47 (Ref:4013767)   #2866
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
just for balance, for our French friends, I buy a bit from RRS. Believe it or not, even with shipping, their Motul 300V race oil is substantially cheaper than in UK. Also they have some very good prices on balaclavas and gloves etc. The service is good and delivery is pretty quick too.
Old 29 Oct 2020, 19:47 (Ref:4013774)   #2867
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You're right David, they have their own brand -just a label, they dont make anything- for gloves, balaclavas and FE for instance. They are the fourth specialized dealer on our market and claim to offer the best value for money.
I received a recommendation to use only Millers oils in my engines but the french subsidiary attitude is somewhat strange. I gave up using Motul and rely on Yacco Galaxie bought through Racing lubes website. I despair of finding a Tillet seats dealer here, this county is a desert…
Old 29 Oct 2020, 20:00 (Ref:4013776)   #2868
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
You're right David, they have their own brand -just a label, they dont make anything- for gloves, balaclavas and FE for instance. They are the fourth specialized dealer on our market and claim to offer the best value for money.
I received a recommendation to use only Millers oils in my engines but the french subsidiary attitude is somewhat strange. I gave up using Motul and rely on Yacco Galaxie bought through Racing lubes website. I despair of finding a Tillet seats dealer here, this county is a desert…
A desert?? It's more like the Amazon rain forest these days!!

I'm almost glad our little authoritarian midget has locked us up for a month!
Old 29 Oct 2020, 20:18 (Ref:4013778)   #2869
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ask Michèle a comprensive translation for "nabot Léon" you'll hear as NaBoleon… What they are hiding is a kind of yoyo game till Feb, lock down when the emergencies are full, semi lock down, then again and again. What is a pure shames they pointed out people from 60 to 80: "they must make room to the younger generations"! Et mon cul, c'est du poulet?!
Old 30 Oct 2020, 07:27 (Ref:4013847)   #2870
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Lighter note, this will be historic in few years: https://dynamic-kart-steering.myshop...SAAEgIPaPD_BwE
Same system as Merc use in F1 Max?
Old 30 Oct 2020, 18:58 (Ref:4013933)   #2871
midgetman
Veteran

Yes it's been all the chatter in forums. Derisory chatter. Especially at the price.....

The thing about karts and geometry is it changes all the time. The biggest effect is the big squishy part behind the wheel, and he/she is always shifting around to move the weight distribution in a corner.

Last edited by midgetman; 30 Oct 2020 at 19:07.
Old 31 Oct 2020, 01:50 (Ref:4013982)   #2872
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I've never ordered by mail from Demon Tweeks - they are only an hour or so away so its as easy to go there, and always been happy with the service. I know its grown to be a huge operation, the son of one of my Alfa mates is apparently responsible for compiling the catalogue and virtually goes into purdah for months at a stretch compiling it. Couriers of parts are very variable - in my experience, sending used Alfa parts around the world, Royal Mail are efficient but except for the smallest parcels, comparatively expensive. The usual suspects such as DHL, TNT, Hermes, Fedex, DPD etc can usually be sourced cheaper through a consolidator (I use parcel2go) and I've rarely had any issues (nor I think have my customers), although I only do small volumes of parts. I recently sent a climate control ECU to Miami and it arrived in 3 days - although tracking the routing is amusing, sometimes...in that case from my local shop to Preston, then Donington, then Munich, then Albany, then Philadelphia before Miami. Its impressive logistics!
Old 31 Oct 2020, 08:11 (Ref:4014002)   #2873
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I've never ordered by mail from Demon Tweeks - they are only an hour or so away so its as easy to go there, and always been happy with the service. I know its grown to be a huge operation, the son of one of my Alfa mates is apparently responsible for compiling the catalogue and virtually goes into purdah for months at a stretch compiling it. Couriers of parts are very variable - in my experience, sending used Alfa parts around the world, Royal Mail are efficient but except for the smallest parcels, comparatively expensive. The usual suspects such as DHL, TNT, Hermes, Fedex, DPD etc can usually be sourced cheaper through a consolidator (I use parcel2go) and I've rarely had any issues (nor I think have my customers), although I only do small volumes of parts. I recently sent a climate control ECU to Miami and it arrived in 3 days - although tracking the routing is amusing, sometimes...in that case from my local shop to Preston, then Donington, then Munich, then Albany, then Philadelphia before Miami. Its impressive logistics!
I was recently sent an antique clock from England via parcel2go. They simply popped it in the regular post, so of course the tracking was useless... It did eventually turn up, just not the way I expected.
Old 31 Oct 2020, 08:13 (Ref:4014004)   #2874
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I was recently sent an antique clock from England via parcel2go. They simply popped it in the regular post, so of course the tracking was useless... It did eventually turn up, just not the way I expected.
I have the same experience with Parcel2Go. Maybe the tracking only works in the UK?
Old 31 Oct 2020, 08:34 (Ref:4014008)   #2875
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-G Sjöberg View Post
I have the same experience with Parcel2Go. Maybe the tracking only works in the UK?
I suspect they keep tracking info vague for a purpose. They certainly don't do communication.
Closed Thread