Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 1 Jul 2020, 15:04 (Ref:3984920)   #1
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Poultry 24 Hours of [discussing covid at the Weathertech 240 at] Daytona

Race week! We've all seen the major story lines, teams sitting out, health & safety procedures, etc. I hoping that as a spectator from home, the on track product won't differ too much.

Truncated schedule sees first on track session Friday evening, and the race ending a little over 24 hours later.

Schedule Link

Weather - Hot. Humid. Rain.

Timing

I feel like I'm going to have to relearn how I like watching races. (This computer goes here, cord here, timing screen there, etc.)

Drinking Game Rules:
- Mention of first time back racing/we're back racing/good to be back racing - take a drink
- Mention of coronavirus safety protocols - take a drink
- Mention of coronavirus safety protocols during a pit stop - finish your drink
- Mention of fan attendance limit - take a drink

Bonus:
- Mention of Multimatic officially running Mazda - take a drink
- Mazda still blows up - finish the bottle
Old 1 Jul 2020, 18:40 (Ref:3984972)   #2
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Well I'm not into drinking but if I am home on Saturday evening I will follow the race for sure. More likely now since the morons in my city cancelled fireworks everywhere. GTD grid should provide a chance for someone who has never won before or has not won often to take it this time. Which in this case is almost everyone accept for Turner BMW or Shank Acura. I don't think anybody else on the grid has multiple wins in the past year or two. Will pick the McLaren to win in a shocker.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 19:07 (Ref:3984982)   #3
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
More likely now since the morons in my city cancelled fireworks everywhere
Why morons?
Old 1 Jul 2020, 22:35 (Ref:3985016)   #4
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Why morons?
don't feed the want to be against common sense and logic troll
Old 1 Jul 2020, 22:40 (Ref:3985018)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Let's keep it to motorsport, or how to watch and enjoy this race, rather than straying into the whys and wherefores of COVID responses. There is a general thread to discuss that if you need that - let's not derail this one before it has even got going.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 22:43 (Ref:3985019)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's all getting going this weekend. Lots of motorsport IMSA, Indycar/NASCAR double header, F1. Crikey.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 00:02 (Ref:3985023)   #7
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Found myself texting Mrs. seanyb - IMSA race this weekend...Q at 2pm, race at 6pm. Oh and F1 Q at 9am...And F1 race next day.

Really hoping that this is start back to regular racing programing.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 01:54 (Ref:3985025)   #8
GriffM3
Racer

United States
Houston, TX
GriffM3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Found myself texting Mrs. seanyb - IMSA race this weekend...Q at 2pm, race at 6pm. Oh and F1 Q at 9am...And F1 race next day.

Hell yes it’s great to be back to racing...Go BMW Mpower boys in the land barge!
Old 2 Jul 2020, 12:52 (Ref:3985102)   #9
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It's all getting going this weekend. Lots of motorsport IMSA, Indycar/NASCAR double header, F1. Crikey.
Really is quite the racing filled weekend!

Quote:

And what does Mrs seanyB type in return? Mrs. JoeB don't give 2 F's about racing so i have to sneak it in. No telling her in advance because she will try to plan something for me to do out of spite. I just sit down to watch and ignoring the family once the flag drops!
Old 2 Jul 2020, 14:22 (Ref:3985124)   #10
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

And what does Mrs seanyB type in return? Mrs. JoeB don't give 2 F's about racing so i have to sneak it in. No telling her in advance because she will try to plan something for me to do out of spite. I just sit down to watch and ignoring the family once the flag drops!
So you're a fan of the Asian rounds where she can't, in theory, plan anything at 2am?
Old 2 Jul 2020, 17:16 (Ref:3985144)   #11
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

Oh she's the freaking best. Really happy to let me do almost anything race/car related. For example this post was made from the hospital, followed by several hours of bonding time in front of the laptop watching the race.

She really only gets concerned once atlfalconsfan gets involved, but luckily he's leaving the state.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 18:02 (Ref:3985148)   #12
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:

She really only gets concerned once atlfalconsfan gets involved, but luckily he's leaving the state.
And taking my big ass TV with me.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 18:07 (Ref:3985150)   #13
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Oh she's the freaking best. Really happy to let me do almost anything race/car related. For example this post was made from the hospital, followed by several hours of bonding time in front of the laptop watching the race.

ha! I remember that!

So this race is at 6pm local if i'm reading the IMSA site correctly.

The race is on NBCSN or whatever other pay versions they have of the service.
I gotta figure out how this racing thing works again too. Am I risking the NBC announcers? hooking rlm up to tv soundsystem? might do a trial run with Indycars earlier in the day.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 18:23 (Ref:3985156)   #14
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, for the not so bright guys here in the UK .....
What time is kick off UK time?
First bit of serious racing in months and I really do want to watch it live rather than see the results and then watch the highlights.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 19:44 (Ref:3985172)   #15
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands99 View Post
So, for the not so bright guys here in the UK .....
What time is kick off UK time?
First bit of serious racing in months and I really do want to watch it live rather than see the results and then watch the highlights.
You guys are +5 hours East Coast time, right? So that would be 23:00 your time.
Old 3 Jul 2020, 12:42 (Ref:3985293)   #16
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Felipe Nasr to miss race after testing positive for COVID-19. More here.
Old 3 Jul 2020, 13:02 (Ref:3985297)   #17
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Felipe Nasr to miss race after testing positive for COVID-19. More here.
Smart move by Nasr to get tested before heading to the track. I didn't recall Chaves running with the team a couple years ago, but glad they got somebody with experience to step in.
Old 3 Jul 2020, 13:51 (Ref:3985308)   #18
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
You guys are +5 hours East Coast time, right? So that would be 23:00 your time.
What timezone is Daytona in? Is that UTC/GMT -4 ?
(I think so, but confirmation would be nice)

I'm in UTC+2 (Brussels), so that would be a midnight start for me
Old 3 Jul 2020, 14:11 (Ref:3985309)   #19
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
What timezone is Daytona in? Is that UTC/GMT -4 ?
(I think so, but confirmation would be nice)

I'm in UTC+2 (Brussels), so that would be a midnight start for me
Daytona is on Eastern time and yes, GMT -4.

5 hour gap with the UK, so 11pm start time.
Old 3 Jul 2020, 15:00 (Ref:3985323)   #20
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
This offer should still work, NBC IMSA Trackpass for 1 year & for free:

https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/imsa-offer
Promo code: MICHELINIMSA

No autorenew and doesn't even ask for payment info.

Only available in US, but I don't think it shows anything IMSA.com doesn't show (and has NBC comms when possible) and you'd need a VPN anyway.
Old 3 Jul 2020, 17:13 (Ref:3985355)   #21
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Saturday tripleheader:

* 12 pm: IndyCar (NBC)
* 3 pm: Nascar Xfinity (NBC)
* 6 pm: IMSA WeatherTech (NBCSN)
Old 3 Jul 2020, 17:39 (Ref:3985362)   #22
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post

Only available in US, but I don't think it shows anything IMSA.com doesn't show (and has NBC comms when possible) and you'd need a VPN anyway.
It worked for me, zero payment info needed and could use a throw away email if desired, didn't need to confirm the account.
Old 3 Jul 2020, 18:20 (Ref:3985375)   #23
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:

Thank you Deggis. Thank you Michelin. Should buy their tires next time you have a flat and need to replace.
Old 3 Jul 2020, 18:24 (Ref:3985376)   #24
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Love seeing the haulers on the banks! Ok it was the apron, but close enough!

https://twitter.com/IMSA/status/1279...179544582?s=19
Old 3 Jul 2020, 20:07 (Ref:3985390)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:

You are legend. Thanks.