Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 24 May 2010, 20:40 (Ref:2697456)   #26
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had the same email - this was the first official / any correspondence I'd had since volunteering so guessing others are in the same boat?
Old 24 May 2010, 20:44 (Ref:2697460)   #27
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Scillitoe View Post
Stick in there boys and girls. I am sure that it will be a great event.
I hope so - I am looking forward to it, and Dad is about as excited as a small kid on his first trip to the Candy Store! CP was where he first got into Motorsport.

See some of you on the Saturday for setup, and the rest of you on the Sunday.
Old 25 May 2010, 08:30 (Ref:2697666)   #28
NICK ALLISON
Racer

England
london
NICK ALLISON should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still not received anything by e- mail or post .
Old 25 May 2010, 08:33 (Ref:2697669)   #29
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
PM me your email address and I can forward the email and you can get in touch with Chris. I suspect the passes were sent second class so you won't have had them yet if they were sent yesterday, but at least you can get in touch with Chris and ensure you're on the list.

[edit] I've also just emailed the Chief Marshal and a couple of organisers with your name [presuming it's the same as your username?] and can pass your details on if you want to PM me those.
Old 25 May 2010, 18:01 (Ref:2698052)   #30
Suze
Veteran

England
Nick, I've just had an email from Chris the Chief Marshal - he's said passes were sent to you yesterday and you were on the email list yesterday - could the email have got caught in a spam / junk filter or something? Anyway, he has confirmed he has you down.
Old 26 May 2010, 12:31 (Ref:2698515)   #31
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tickets, paperwork, etc, arrived here this lunchtime. Unable to help with the set-up on Saturday as I have commitments at Brands Hatch that day. Looking forward to Sunday and Monday, and meeting up with a few 10Tenthers. Just hope the weather forecast proves to be wrong (as it was for the recent Motors TV event at Mallory Park).
Old 26 May 2010, 16:39 (Ref:2698682)   #32
NICK ALLISON
Racer

England
london
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
Nick, I've just had an email from Chris the Chief Marshal - he's said passes were sent to you yesterday and you were on the email list yesterday - could the email have got caught in a spam / junk filter or something? Anyway, he has confirmed he has you down.
Thanks.
Old 26 May 2010, 22:53 (Ref:2698905)   #33
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Postman been here as well. No information about what time on the Saturday to help with setting up, I will contact chris as well, but can anyone let me know.?
Old 27 May 2010, 07:31 (Ref:2699040)   #34
Suze
Veteran

England
I heard earlier this week it was from 9am, but they were still waiting on confirmation of when some of the equipment would arrive hence the TBC. As soon as I know I will post here.

Be good to meet some fellow tenthers and put faces to names...I'm competing on Sunday, helping Saturday and Monday [and car on the 7oaks club stand]. My car is a red Micra, with my name on the side [bit of a giveaway] and Ten Tenths stickers....
Old 30 May 2010, 21:13 (Ref:2701326)   #35
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
What a great day it was today. 500 timed runs and the whole thing went very smoothly. Looking forward to tomorrow when we get the same thing all over again.

Hopefully with the addition of some orange cones and a chequered flag the finish should be abit easier to spot. Some people seemed to miss it today and go past me very quickly indeed ( at least until they spotted the slow-down chicane round the corner!!)

suze, I did see you driving. Was going to come and say hi, but you werent around when I was in the paddock in the morning.
Old 31 May 2010, 20:40 (Ref:2702037)   #36
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to 7Oaks & DMC for putting on a brilliant event. Lovely setting and atmosphere. Thanks to all the drivers for the entertainment. Thanks to all on Post 5 (North Tower Bend) for putting up with me both days. Hope very much it will be possible to run event again in 2011 and then in future years.
Old 31 May 2010, 21:36 (Ref:2702090)   #37
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks to all the marshals for coming out - it was a great weekend.

Steam Ship ( Lotus no.72 on Sunday / Honda No. 78 Today)
Old 1 Jun 2010, 08:20 (Ref:2702343)   #38
Tal Aras
Racer

United Kingdom
Slough
Tal Aras should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I said over the radio at the end, some of the drivers slowed down and asked me to pass on their thanks to all the workers. Almost all the rest waved at us and gave us thumbs up. Fair to say a lot of very happy drivers.
Old 1 Jun 2010, 15:45 (Ref:2702584)   #39
Stoowert
Veteran

Zimbabwe
Caterham, Surrey
Stoowert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can I add my thanks to 7 Oaks & District for a superb event. So laid back and run ihey even managed to have the chestnuts and rhodododrens in bloom! Just the smell of Castrol "Ahhhhh" was enough for me. Thanks to all on Post 3 and especially Tim for the copy of Motor Sport...Roll on Brooklands this Saturday, then Crystal Palace (the solvent one!) next year....
Old 1 Jun 2010, 17:53 (Ref:2702674)   #40
NICK ALLISON
Racer

England
london
Cracking couple of days in nice surroundings and for me only 12 minutes travelling time .Thanks Chris and Sean for your company on Post 1 .Thanks to the commentary team based at Post 1, they gave numerous mentions about the marshals and officials ( most of it complimentary and clean !) and lots of "plugs " for the BMMC.
Old 1 Jun 2010, 19:58 (Ref:2702761)   #41
Simon Morris
Racer

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Simon Morris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a great couple of days as the token northerner on post 4 then finish line.
Glad the Sierra driver was ok after he gave us a scare, though he wasn't the 1st one to try.

Excellent event put together by 7oaks and Bromley CC etc.
Great bunch of marshals, both Brands regulars and the 7oaks volunteers.
Only down side was the southern brooms not being made strong enough to be used by a northern brute like me (big paul will know what I mean).

Glad I made the trip down and hope this event can happen again
Old 2 Jun 2010, 08:58 (Ref:2703030)   #42
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quick opportunity for me to learn from the weekend. This one is aimed at those with the radios...

When I called in the Sierra on it's roof after the finish, was the call clear? informative? relevant? Anything I could learn for when that happens again?

That is really only the 2nd or 3rd time I have been given a radio on a post, so keen to learn where I can.

In fact thinking about it, the 1st time I had a radio, I had a big incident, and now this - you don;t think there is a link do you?

Cheers,
David
Old 3 Jun 2010, 06:39 (Ref:2703627)   #43
andyelcomb
Rookie

andyelcomb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi David,

Firstly I'll admit to not hearing the call at first as I was away from the startline area when that happened, so can't answer your question personally. However, I would say that if Control heard you, understood you and you got an immediate response over the radio and the facilities were scrambled quickly, then your call must have been good!

Our grateful thanks for coming along at the weekend - despite your apparent potential Jonah qualities - and we hope that you'll be back next year when we hope to entertain you again.

Best regards,
Andy (CP CoC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
Quick opportunity for me to learn from the weekend. This one is aimed at those with the radios...

When I called in the Sierra on it's roof after the finish, was the call clear? informative? relevant? Anything I could learn for when that happens again?

That is really only the 2nd or 3rd time I have been given a radio on a post, so keen to learn where I can.

In fact thinking about it, the 1st time I had a radio, I had a big incident, and now this - you don;t think there is a link do you?

Cheers,
David
Old 3 Jun 2010, 21:04 (Ref:2704160)   #44
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyelcomb View Post
Our grateful thanks for coming along at the weekend - despite your apparent potential Jonah qualities - and we hope that you'll be back next year when we hope to entertain you again.

Best regards,
Andy (CP CoC)
Definitely going to leave a space in the calendar for next year's event. I thoroughly enjoyed. Congrats to you and the rest of the team for making everything run just so smoothly.