Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Jan 2008, 10:12 (Ref:2102437)   #1
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport International Show

It would be nice if all those of you who I have been reading in this Forum came and introduced yourselves at the show - so I know who you are and can put names to faces! (I can usually put cars to names, but not faces!)

CSCC is on stand CM24 in Hall 10 - with the best coffee in the show!
Old 9 Jan 2008, 17:45 (Ref:2102745)   #2
Kyle Tilley
Rookie

Kyle Tilley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'll come say hello as Dad and I are planning on doing a few of the round in our MG. Can i give you our registration form on the day? (Friday)

Kyle
Old 9 Jan 2008, 18:02 (Ref:2102753)   #3
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
Sure - Richard and Ros will be there as well to take registrations etc
Old 9 Jan 2008, 18:36 (Ref:2102770)   #4
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See you there Sarah,get the kettle on.
Old 9 Jan 2008, 19:16 (Ref:2102810)   #5
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be there on Saturday......keep the kettle warm
Old 9 Jan 2008, 21:15 (Ref:2102910)   #6
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Sarah,

Steve Adams and I will be there on Friday; 2 black coffees please!
Old 9 Jan 2008, 22:00 (Ref:2102953)   #7
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there on friday & if you want someone to help man the stand for an hour I'll happily help out.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 07:52 (Ref:2103178)   #8
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have always found the Autosport one disappointing whereas the Stoneliegh one is great so I will give it a miss
Old 10 Jan 2008, 08:26 (Ref:2103197)   #9
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
I have always found the Autosport one disappointing whereas the Stoneliegh one is great so I will give it a miss
My sentiment entirly Simon,I have to go though!!
Old 10 Jan 2008, 08:30 (Ref:2103201)   #10
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ahh well that is the difference between a pro and a hobbyist ;o)
Old 10 Jan 2008, 08:42 (Ref:2103216)   #11
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I have to go for work, tomorrow and Sat . . . will probably do Stonleigh as well, but with a few extra layers on, twas brass monkeys last year!
Old 10 Jan 2008, 08:45 (Ref:2103218)   #12
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
I have to go for work, tomorrow and Sat . . . will probably do Stonleigh as well, but with a few extra layers on, twas brass monkeys last year!
Perhaps we could all meet up at Stoneleigh then ?
Old 10 Jan 2008, 08:54 (Ref:2103232)   #13
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
are you not autosprouting Fri/Sat ?

I'm staying in Sunny Solihull, my duck derriered boss spat chips when I suggested a hotel might be £100 a night!
Old 10 Jan 2008, 09:29 (Ref:2103251)   #14
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gales in the Channel & eight quid(!) to park at the NEC so certainly won't be at Autosports but shall look forward to Stoneleigh instead.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 12:11 (Ref:2103394)   #15
NiG_21
Racer

United Kingdom
Shepperton, Middlesex
NiG_21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there too on Sat... with the missus, on the CSCC stand... as FC co-ordinators... please come and say hello... wouldn't want to be lonely...
Old 10 Jan 2008, 12:58 (Ref:2103442)   #16
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm ambling around Autosports Friday trying to look as if I'm doing something (can claim it back against tax then) and I've got a stand at Stoneleigh.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 17:12 (Ref:2103603)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Tch! Whatever happened to enthusiasm?
Old 10 Jan 2008, 20:14 (Ref:2103725)   #18
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
It seemed like only last year at the show today,but it was good meeting up with the rest of the gang, Torquewrench did not have the kettle on and then started badgering me to sign up! it's just not on!!
Old 10 Jan 2008, 23:45 (Ref:2103871)   #19
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't go, got to work for a living at the moment!!

Got a call from a GM employee asking me if I was there as there was a Vauxhall Magnum on display (like I own every bloody Vauxhall just because of my Dad!!).

If any of you are there please can you take a picture of the Magnum and send it to me just so that I know what I'm missing as obviously none of the other cars there are worth seeing.....
Old 11 Jan 2008, 10:03 (Ref:2104090)   #20
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Coy's has one,we were looking around it [we being Whizzo and myself},not toooo sure if it is what it look's like though!
Old 11 Jan 2008, 10:13 (Ref:2104097)   #21
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gregor

Don't worry too much about the Magnum....it's one you've seen before and indeed quite recently!

It's on the BTCC 50th Anniversary stand in Hall 20

-A
Old 11 Jan 2008, 16:34 (Ref:2104314)   #22
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by relativtortoise
Gregor

Don't worry too much about the Magnum....it's one you've seen before and indeed quite recently!

-A
You are quite right,it was not on Coy's,I seemed to be on thier stand forever yesterday!.It is not the car that Tony rolled though.
Old 12 Jan 2008, 00:31 (Ref:2104522)   #23
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by relativtortoise
Gregor

-A
Cheers - I assume AG?
Old 12 Jan 2008, 09:09 (Ref:2104613)   #24
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
It seemed like only last year at the show today,but it was good meeting up with the rest of the gang, Torquewrench did not have the kettle on and then started badgering me to sign up! it's just not on!!
Torquewench was too busy listening to your racing tales, and the rest of the "staff" were doing their job as well! If you;d asked for a cuppa you could have had one!
Old 12 Jan 2008, 17:04 (Ref:2104807)   #25
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
You could have interupted,Oh well,there's always next year