Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 31 May 2008, 06:02 (Ref:2215718)   #1
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Multi Quote

Searched and not too sure this has come up before.

Maybe it's just me, but is there an easy wat to multi quote?

On another forum, I've seena function that allowers users to quote several things at once, thought it might be a good idea.

Another thing, is htis forum software vBulletin?

Thanks in advance.
Old 31 May 2008, 08:27 (Ref:2215766)   #2
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Multi-quote is in the pipeline - it's in an upgraded version of vBulletin that we've not moved onto as yet.

It is our intention to upgrade at some point, but as I'm sure you must appreciate, it's not something that can't be done without planning, time, etc etc - so we just need to get all our ducks in a row first

In the interim to multi-quote, I'm afraid it's a case of copying & pasting!
Old 31 May 2008, 12:50 (Ref:2215901)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo
Another thing, is htis forum software vBulletin?
Well at the bottom of my page it says "vB code is on" so I assume its V Bulletin.
Old 31 May 2008, 20:42 (Ref:2216129)   #4
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And at the very bottom of the page it says: "Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4"

Regards

Jim
Old 31 May 2008, 23:28 (Ref:2216186)   #5
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp
Multi-quote is in the pipeline - it's in an upgraded version of vBulletin that we've not moved onto as yet.

It is our intention to upgrade at some point, but as I'm sure you must appreciate, it's not something that can't be done without planning, time, etc etc - so we just need to get all our ducks in a row first

In the interim to multi-quote, I'm afraid it's a case of copying & pasting!
Ah well, thanks then!
Old 5 Jun 2008, 09:32 (Ref:2220311)   #6
DJJ
Racer

DJJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW
And at the very bottom of the page it says: "Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4"

Regards

Jim
And you would realise it's not an up to date version of it........ or would you?
Old 5 Jun 2008, 10:09 (Ref:2220328)   #7
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is our intention to upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin in the near future.

Given the size of Tenths we would be taking an upgrade window of several hours to complete this.

Weekends would be my personal preference as during the week I have a "real" job but it's finding a weekend now when there isn't a major motorsport event and one where I'm not on a rescue unit or marshaling somewhere.

There are also some other software dependencies that we are in the process of resolving.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 11:09 (Ref:2220385)   #8
Ultimo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
It is our intention to upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin in the near future.

Given the size of Tenths we would be taking an upgrade window of several hours to complete this.

Weekends would be my personal preference as during the week I have a "real" job but it's finding a weekend now when there isn't a major motorsport event and one where I'm not on a rescue unit or marshaling somewhere.

There are also some other software dependencies that we are in the process of resolving.
What other new features can we expect if you don't mind me asking?
Old 5 Jun 2008, 11:44 (Ref:2220412)   #9
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo
What other new features can we expect if you don't mind me asking?
There are many new features available we have still to decide exactly which ones to implement so things on this list may change. We may also implement certain features for subscriber users only or for users with a certain minimum number of posts.
  • MultiQuote, which also includes links back to the post being quoted from.
  • Thread tagging and tag cloud searching.
  • "NewsBots" which will start threads for discussion based on news items from partner news sites.
  • Support for Bookmark sites such as Digg / del.icio.us etc.
  • More detailed user profile pages.
  • Customisation on user profile pages.
  • Social Networking, with the ability for users to create social groups which have their own group discussion area.
  • Attachment re-sizing. If people upload an image that would break the maximum allowed dimensions then the image will be resized to fit the max dimensions.
  • Attachment viewing can use a "lightbox" approach rather than a new window/tab.
  • A new blog system with tighter integration to user profiles.
  • User photo albums, again with better integration to the user profile.
There are also a number of new features on the management side.