Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Mar 2002, 03:42 (Ref:241311)   #1
Buzzbox
Rookie

Buzzbox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mini Cooper S and FIA Group 5, Appendix J

I'm interested in running a Group 5 Mini Cooper S in Vintage/Historic events in the USA. Need to find a car with racing history prior to 1970 that was run in that category. Any condition as long as it has legitimate paperwork or documentation. Also, I'd like to find whatever information that might be available regarding build specifications, who raced and with what modifications. Any help will be most appreciated.
Old 29 Mar 2002, 01:58 (Ref:246367)   #2
Buzzbox
Rookie

Buzzbox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm still looking for information on Group 5 Mini Coopers. Anyone happen to have a competition build sheet, "works" or otherwise. Thanks
Old 3 Apr 2002, 09:46 (Ref:250702)   #3
Frank de Jong
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
Frank de Jong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFrank de Jong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Buzzbox,

take a look at my site go.to/touringcars, 1969 section for (European) races in which group 5 mini's took part. And try a search with Google (www.google.com); there is a site somewhere containing works mini chassis numbers and owners.
Old 7 Jan 2008, 23:34 (Ref:2101533)   #4
Tommy Jagerwall
Rookie

Tommy Jagerwall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hallo,

At racecarsdirect.com you find what you are looking for. A
BMC Cooper "S" fullrace owned by me. Please contact me if you are interested. Won´t last long!

[Edit]Please do not post personal details on the forum. Please use ther PM facility[/Edit]

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 8 Jan 2008 at 02:45.
Old 8 Jan 2008, 01:12 (Ref:2101567)   #5
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!

I wonder if he's still looking, some 5+ years later?
Old 8 Jan 2008, 09:40 (Ref:2101688)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, does seem unlikely. Maybe Tommy didn't realise quite how old the thread was, when he dug it up! Welcome anyway, Tommy; since I'm not remotely cynical, I look forward to your future contributions to this forum.