Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 Aug 2005, 02:02 (Ref:1368688)   #101
jross427
Racer

jross427 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and sometimes the ACO dosent make good calls, this is a list of cars i would like to be in the 24 hours of le mans, im going by compititiveness, not anything else, and i got another list when im done updating, and i wish they had more pit stalls, so they could have more cars!!!!
Old 1 Aug 2005, 02:12 (Ref:1368689)   #102
jross427
Racer

LMP1
2x Courage Competition C70 Judd
2x Pescarolo Sport Pescarolo C60 judd
2x Dyson Lola B06/01 AER V8
1x Joest Audi R10
1x Miracle C70 AER V8 or maybe Elan
1x ??????? Riley Cosworth
1x Intersport Lola B06/01 AER V8
1x Champion Audi R10
1x Lister Lmp1 06 (the new car)
1x Nasamax ???????? ????????

LMP2
2x Rollcentre Radical Nissan
2x Paul Belmondo Courage C65 AER
1x Factory Radical SR-9 AER
1x Penske Porsche RS Spyder
1x BK Motorsport Courage C65 Mazda
1x Intersport Lola B05/40 AER
1x Horag Lista Motor Racing Lola B05/40 Judd
1x Chamberline-Synenrgy Lola B05/40 AER
1x RML Lola B05/40 Judd
1x Noel Del Bello Courage C65 CG V8 (Mecachrome)
1x Kruse Courage C65 Judd
1x Binnie Motorsports Lola B05/40 Nicholson-McLaren V8

GT1
2x Chevorlet Racing C-6R
1x Graham Nash Saleen S7R
1x BMS Scuderia Italia Aston Martin DBR9
1x Flying Lizard Aston Martin DBR9
1x JMB Ferrari 575
1x Dubai GT Team Aston Martin DBR9
1x Acemco Saleen S7R
1x Japan Lamborghini Owners Club Lamborghini Murcielogo R-GT

GT2
2x LNT TVR 400R
2x Panoz Motorsports Panoz Esparante GT-LM
1x Racesport Peninsula TVR Tuscan T400R
1x GruppeM Porsche
1x Flying Lizard Porsche
1x Cirtek Racing Ferrari 360 Modena
1x Scuderia Ecosse Ferrari 360 Modena
1x Spyker Squadren Spyker C8 Spyder
1x T2M Motorsport Porsche
1x Peterson White Lightning Porsche
1x Alex Job Racing Porsche
1x RML Nissan 350 Z
please post whats wrong with this list
Old 1 Aug 2005, 10:03 (Ref:1368921)   #103
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
LMP1
2x Courage Competition C70 Judd or maybe Elan
2x Dyson Lola B06/01 AER V8 Never showed before so I have no faith in them comming
1x Joest Audi R10 Nice thought
1x Champion Audi R10

LMP2
2x Rollcentre Radical Nissan AER
2x Paul Belmondo Courage C65 Ford
2x Radical SR-9 AER Team Goh
1x Penske Porsche RS Spyder Maybe , maybe not
1x BK Motorsport Courage C65 Mazda
1x Intersport Lola B05/40 AER
1x Horag Lista Motor Racing Lola B05/40 Judd
1x Chamberline-Synenrgy Lola B05/40 AER
1x RML Lola B05/40 Judd
1x Noel Del Bello Courage C65 CG V8 (Mecachrome)
1x Kruse Courage C65 Judd
1x Binnie Motorsports Lola B05/40 Nicholson-McLaren V8

GT1
2x Chevorlet Racing C-6R
1x Graham Nash Saleen S7R Talk of another chassis
1x BMS Scuderia Italia Aston Martin DBR9
1x Flying Lizard Aston Martin DBR9 2007
1x JMB Ferrari 575
1x Dubai GT Team Aston Martin DBR9
1x Acemco Saleen S7R
1x Japan Lamborghini Owners Club Lamborghini Murcielogo R-GT
1x Konrad Motorsport Saleen S7R
GT2
2x LNT TVR 400R
2x Panoz Motorsports Panoz Esparante GT-LM
1x Racesport Peninsula TVR Tuscan T400R
1x GruppeM Porsche
1x Flying Lizard Porsche
1x Cirtek Racing Ferrari 360 Modena
1x Scuderia Ecosse Ferrari 360 Modena
1x Spyker Squadren Spyker C8 Spyder
1x T2M Motorsport Porsche
1x Peterson White Lightning Porsche
1x Alex Job Racing Porsche
1x RML Nissan 350 Z
please post whats wrong with this list
Old 1 Aug 2005, 10:33 (Ref:1368963)   #104
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2x LNT TVR 400R - Doubt this, maybe 1 car at the most.

1x Konrad Motorsport Saleen S7R, 1x Acemco Saleen S7R, 1x Graham Nash Saleen S7R. Unless one PQ's via race wins the ACO won't invite a Saleen IMHO.

1x Flying Lizard Aston Martin DBR9 - Not next year
1x Dubai GT Team Aston Martin DBR9 - the team does not exist yet does it?

Could add some private CR5 Vettes and extra 550's or 575's.
1 x Russian age DBR9

LMP 2 has too many Radicials, I would think only Rollcentre will be there with one maybe 2, and at least one WR will be there!

LMP1, much depends on Audis plans for next year, If the R10 races I would expect a 2 car team from them, could be run by Joest, and 1 car entered from the USA.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 11:24 (Ref:1369031)   #105
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jross427
LMP1
2x Courage Competition C70 Judd
2x Dyson Lola B06/01 AER V8
1x Joest Audi R10
1x Champion Audi R10
Were's Racing for Holland?
Old 1 Aug 2005, 13:44 (Ref:1369176)   #106
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
2x LNT TVR 400R - Doubt this, maybe 1 car at the most.
I read in Autosport that LNT have wishes to enter 2 cars in LMES and 2 cars in FIA GT next year - I don't have my copy of the magazine to hand but it did say something along the lines of them owning 4 cars - unless the ACO limits them to a single car, why would they field only one?
Old 1 Aug 2005, 14:08 (Ref:1369198)   #107
F308 MAN
Rookie

Isle of Man
the Isle of Man
F308 MAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greetings from the Isle of Man.
New "contributor" seeks like minded Le Mans fans.
Cheers, d
ps ... how do i apply an avatar to my profile ?
Old 1 Aug 2005, 14:49 (Ref:1369244)   #108
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome. You'll need to wait until your... is it 100 posts you can do that from? I forgotten now! It's in the forum rules and regs pages I do believe.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 15:33 (Ref:1369294)   #109
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
I read in Autosport that LNT have wishes to enter 2 cars in LMES and 2 cars in FIA GT next year - I don't have my copy of the magazine to hand but it did say something along the lines of them owning 4 cars - unless the ACO limits them to a single car, why would they field only one?
They may want to field 2 cars but would the ACO let them. Most GT2 teams have to get by with a single entry, i don't see why LNT should be any different.
(LNT may have 4 cars, I expect they need 4 to keep 2 running using the others as donor cars )
Old 1 Aug 2005, 19:22 (Ref:1369535)   #110
jross427
Racer

im going on the entry list of the ACO 13 lmp1's 13 lmp2's 9 GT1's and 14 GT2's at last years race, so i tried to fallow the same criteria. Graham Nash is thinking about the DBR9, but might run the Saleen in the ALMS cause of the new rules break, Dubai, said there going to race multiple races around the world, in all the racing endurace le mans series with a DBR9, havent heard Anything from Konrad, yea, i posted my list on the ALMS 2006 saying Prodrive DBR9's. if Penske Dominates the late races, why wont he go to Le Mans? Dyson has already ordered that Combination from both compinies. there will be a factory Radical effort change Dyson to one entry and add a RFH Car, dont know what it is off hand. the take off a LNT and add a Flying Lizard Porsche
Old 2 Aug 2005, 22:08 (Ref:1370601)   #111
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Le Mans 2006.....

Hi all.

I am looking to go to the Le Mans 24 hours next year, as well as the Brit GP, but am totally clueless as to, well, everything really.

Such as how much it will cost!

Can it be done as a Page & Moy style tour thingy but incorporating the qualifying as well?

Where is it best to order tickets.

I need to know everything basically, as I will be starting to prepare fairly soon hopefully!

The vagueness of this thread shows how clueless I am about it all really......

Le Mans is one of those events I just have to go to though, it looks marvellous I have to say.....

Therefore your help would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Old 2 Aug 2005, 23:58 (Ref:1370664)   #112
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well knowlesy, always glad to see an F1 fan supporting sportscar racing. Glad to have you in this forum!

Wish I could give you some insight, but I have never been. Hope to make the trip someday though. Next year's race is looking to be a good one. Hope you enjoy it. And I know my fellow forum members will be able to give you the scoop.
Old 3 Aug 2005, 07:53 (Ref:1370809)   #113
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
knowlesy

Well the most important thing is that you are going to Le Mans, the greatest race in the world.

Cost: probably cheaper than going to the British GP. Depending on how you go, where you stay etc. £200-£300ish.

Page & Moy style with qualifying: Don't think so, all the tours tend to be for the race only. Having done this for 3 years, I wouldn't recommend it for anything other than the absolute minimum. Going overnight Friday means you are knackered before the race even begins.

Where is it best to order tickets: Someone else can hopefully help with this, I camp at Arnage where you can just pull up and get a permit.

Another option is to talk to people here or in other forums and join a regular group going down, saves a lot of hassle the first time. If you want to leave it late, there are always people selling tickets and needing people to join groups in the weeks leading up to the race. I think ferry crossings book up early though - again others will be able to better advise you on that.

And however much planning you do, you will be packing the car at the last moment, forget your suncream and have the best weekend ever!

See you there
Old 3 Aug 2005, 08:33 (Ref:1370835)   #114
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't worry about race tickets - there's no maximum capacity on such a large circuit so you can pick them up at the door.

Camping permits and grandstand passes on the other hand are like gold-dust. Start thinking about getting them now, and even now may be a bit late. Personally, I've never felt deprived by not having a grandstand seat. There are ample great places to view from without splashing out. As Allon says, there are ways and means of finding accommodation without arranging it in advance, but best to hook up with old-timers who will show you the ropes.

In all seriousness though, it's extraordinary value for money if you are used to F1 prices! Ferry crossing will be anything from £90 to £200, depending on your port of departure and your chosen operator (I get my best prices travelling at stupid-o'clock via SeaFrance).

Race ticket about £50, camping about £15, car pass £15 and budget for fuel for a 1000 mile round-trip and groceries when you get there.

Go on - you know it makes sense!
Old 3 Aug 2005, 11:46 (Ref:1371005)   #115
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Start your search HERE at the Club Arnage web site. You will find travel information as well as maps and directions from several points in the UK at the "Tickets/Travel" link.

PM for more specific information.
Old 3 Aug 2005, 12:41 (Ref:1371059)   #116
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
my only tip is save some money by not going to the british gp afterwards....it'll all seem rather pointless and boring after le mans.

your idea for getting there for qualifying is good though...thursday night is one of my favourite parts of the week, plus you'll get to go to the drivers parade on friday in the town centre.
Old 3 Aug 2005, 13:52 (Ref:1371114)   #117
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1979 was my first Le Mans and first GP.

I've been to every Le Mans (except one) since and no other GPs...

Le Mans is fantastic. An organised trip might well be a good way to do your first one (it was mine), especially as you can really drink in the atmopshere (if you get my drift ) and sleep on the way home.

If you do decide to travel down for the race on your own, get there Friday (or earlier) and you can sleep in your car (or a small tent, only) in Garage Rouge, which is pretty close to the circuit (couple of minutes walk), but far enough that you get some sleep (if you can tear yourself away). You can buy tickets (as others have said) on the gate for all the days (your race ticket covers practice, too, if you are up to a full week of it).

We paid £36 for our Dover-Calais crossing (on the Friday) this year, but you use a lot more petrol versus the more expensive Portsmouth-Normandy routes.

Cheers
Old 3 Aug 2005, 14:16 (Ref:1371126)   #118
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Once you've done Le Mans, you realise just how redundant GPs are.......
Old 3 Aug 2005, 17:35 (Ref:1371265)   #119
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now merged with the main LM 2006 thread.
Old 3 Aug 2005, 18:45 (Ref:1371311)   #120
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
I've never been to either Le Mans nor a Grand Prix - I'm planning on visiting Silverstone for the Formula 1 test day in mid-september, just to say I've seen the cars. But I couldn't care less if I never went to a grand prix in my life. However, if I don't make it to Le Mans in the next couple of years I'll be devastated!
Old 10 Aug 2005, 07:57 (Ref:1378713)   #121
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
However, if I don't make it to Le Mans in the next couple of years I'll be devastated!
I went for my first time in 1989 and said I would go every second year ..... so far ive been going every year cept 2 , 1 cuz of work and 1 cuz of a crap grid 1992 , only 29 starters i think . This year I was working in Africa and they didnt want me to leave , for Le Mans , so I quit !!! I got a better job now

So long as I can manage , I will never miss my annual pilgrimage
Old 16 Aug 2005, 12:03 (Ref:1383550)   #122
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
Bentley Beermon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi everyone don't know if this is the best thread for this request but we are desperatley looking for 4 (four) camping tickets for the Houx any help would be greatfully recieved. I have tried Just Tickets.
Old 16 Aug 2005, 13:36 (Ref:1383637)   #123
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F308 MAN
Greetings from the Isle of Man.
New "contributor" seeks like minded Le Mans fans.
Cheers, d
ps ... how do i apply an avatar to my profile ?
afternoon Dave!
Old 16 Aug 2005, 16:31 (Ref:1383799)   #124
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F308 MAN
how do i apply an avatar to my profile ?
A late - but better than never - welcome

Create a 100x100 jpg (max 97 Ko) on your computer, and upload it in your profile in following the procedure, that's all !

Last edited by Fab; 17 Aug 2005 at 14:41.
Old 17 Aug 2005, 14:23 (Ref:1384681)   #125
Spiteful
Racer

Belgium
Spiteful should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ahh so rookies can have avatars now... *grin*

Edit: no they don't apparently... or am I missing something?