Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Oct 2005, 13:18 (Ref:1427267)   #1
Tf105
Rookie

Barbados
Tf105 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Japanese 1-2

Toyota & Honda.. front row of the grid to hometown teams and one team actually owns the circuit... can either of them pull off the victory

the tf105b takes a likeing to Ralf.. makes you wonder why they aint use it earlier and it also shows future promise for ralf's form.. he finally gets a car he didn't complain about and he's sitting on Pole and beign the base of theie 2006 car... gotta Wonder how things gonna look next year...we gonna see Ralf ahead of Trulli now?

Button and Bar, I give the advantage to them... beaing honda circuit I generally would assume they have amast a whole lot of info about the circuit... things like how it is wet, how fast it dries etc.... they should know every corner better than anyone...

How would it look if soon there is 2 Japanese GPs Fuji (Toyota) and Suzuka (Honda)
Old 8 Oct 2005, 13:19 (Ref:1427268)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is the best chance for Honda or Toyota to get a race win.

Lets hope one of them can do it.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 13:21 (Ref:1427269)   #3
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wouldn't mind Ralf wining Toyota' first race although there is a chance he will mess up, but on his good consistent days he is as good as Michael.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 13:23 (Ref:1427270)   #4
Nado
Racer

Australia
Melbourne VIC
Nado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If a Japanese car wins, I hope it's either Ralf or Sato. I'd like Button to sweat for at least another year
Old 8 Oct 2005, 13:35 (Ref:1427283)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I'd like something other than a Mclaren or Renault to win as well.If it's a wet race it could happen.If it's dry probably not,but watching the best cars come through the field will at least be interesting in itself.

Perhaps JV could!...............er,maybe not.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 13:39 (Ref:1427286)   #6
Tf105
Rookie

Barbados
Let's not hope Ralf/Toyota makes the wrong tire decision this time....
Old 8 Oct 2005, 13:42 (Ref:1427289)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tf105
Let's not hope Ralf/Toyota makes the wrong tire decision this time....
You mean they'll remember to put some on.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 13:49 (Ref:1427294)   #8
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm going to be first to say JV for podium!
Old 8 Oct 2005, 14:10 (Ref:1427311)   #9
f1atic
Racer

f1atic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe Ralf can win it.
Fisi could, but I don't believe he will.

I fear some problems for Jense.

Certainly that statement that it is likely the best opportunity for a Japanese win is correct.

Go Ralfie!
Old 8 Oct 2005, 14:48 (Ref:1427344)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Who cares, it's a totally hollow grid. As I recall TF was boasting about the pole at Indy as well, which was done on minimal fuel.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 14:54 (Ref:1427345)   #11
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's not a hollow grid - it's a grid set under the rules of the day and is perfectly valid.

The average (casual) viewer will be very happy with the grid - it's the race that matters.

The current qualifying rules were brought in precisely so we'd get grids like this from time to time
Old 8 Oct 2005, 16:44 (Ref:1427409)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good luck to the japs, anyway.

It will be an interesting start, and let's see if one or both than keep the positions along the race.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 18:16 (Ref:1427484)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a very hollow grid actually, with completely unfair conditions.

If all drivers had the chance to go out when they wanted and we had a grid like this, fine.

But what we have here is bloody ludicrous.

We will have a good race........but it is still unfair in the extreme.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 18:19 (Ref:1427489)   #14
Kicking-back
Veteran

Whether it's fair or not is irrelevant to an extent - if we get an exciting race that's what most viewers want.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 18:21 (Ref:1427494)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well we can get exciting races by doing what the BTCC do and applying reverse grids.

Yet that idea would be showered in instant scorn. No different though!
Old 8 Oct 2005, 18:23 (Ref:1427496)   #16
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Surely it's even more unfair that you drop back 10 places on the grid for an engine failure and that you start your qually lap in the position you finished the last race...And God didn't have an hand in that! (Unless of course you think Max is God).
Old 8 Oct 2005, 18:25 (Ref:1427500)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yes, that is also quite a stupid rule.

McLaren must be loving all these rules that they can't get round!
Old 8 Oct 2005, 18:28 (Ref:1427503)   #18
Kicking-back
Veteran

At least the weather has effectively cancelled out the effects of Kimi's grid penalty
Old 8 Oct 2005, 18:30 (Ref:1427506)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well, yes and no.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 18:31 (Ref:1427507)   #20
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
At least the weather has effectively cancelled out the effects of Kimi's grid penalty
Possibly K-b.But i'm sure he would rather have been 11th.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 22:01 (Ref:1427667)   #21
Tf105
Rookie

Barbados
Oh so it's ok for them to go out last in dry conditions where the track would have some rubber down and not as dusty but let some rain fall and the rules become unfair..... now i get it....
Old 8 Oct 2005, 22:12 (Ref:1427675)   #22
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Whilst I don't favor the current set-up, for reasons like the grids we have got for this race (or, more accurately, the system being the reason behind having a grid like this as opposed to the grid itself), I have to oppose the suggestion that it is somehow unfair.

All competitors took part in the event under the rules as they are layed out. Thus they accepted all possible results under that system. Thus nobody has experienced anything unfair.

I would much prefer the system was different, but that doesn't make anything occurs under it unfair.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 22:46 (Ref:1427696)   #23
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If the system's fair, then the grid's fair and representative. If that's the case, congratulations to Toyota and Honda for closing a huge gap in 2 weeks. The difference between a track early and late in a session is minimal by comparison. I don't like the result of a race influencing the result of the next race, but it's not as drastic as this farce.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 23:01 (Ref:1427702)   #24
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I don't think the system when compared with some other systems is very fair.

That is a different thing to results/operations under/within that system itself being unfair.

In the context of the current system the results of qualifying were perfectly fair. That doesn't make it desireable, but that is a thoroughly different matter.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 23:39 (Ref:1427713)   #25
EHS
Racer

United States
Sleepy Hollow, Westchester, NY
EHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But will it be an exciting race as a result of the grid?

Or are we just going to see the old days, with the guy on pole (Ralf Schumacher) pulling away about a second and a half a lap from Button, who will be followed by Fisichella and Klien, with Sato holding up Coulthard, Webber, JV, and Barrichello, ...while the backmakers Alonso, Raikkonen, Monterio, Trulli and Montoya can't figure out amongst themselves which blue flags not to ignore?

No, I think it'll be different, and better, than that. ---> McKlaren 1/2.